Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NOIF's Boshin War Mod (NoBWN) - HISTORICAL FLAGS, BANNERS & UNIFORMS 22.3.2013

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Icon1 NOIF's Boshin War Mod (NoBWN) - HISTORICAL FLAGS, BANNERS & UNIFORMS 22.3.2013

NoBWN FOTS HISTORICAL FLAGS, BANNERS & UNIFORMS

Introduction

I have played TW games since 2000, when Rome Total war came for us. These years I have followed a time here in TWC. Enjoy share a good moments with others. Shogun 2 made it much worth for me. I decided work with wallpapers, but later I have found another interest target, Recoloring uniforms and banners. Since shogun 2, I saw Demokritos and his greatest recolored uniforms and banners. I was really blessed, that he was here and share his works for us. Later, Demokritos has become busy with his IRL things, so I decided make lessons by him and he teached me, how can use these recolors uniforms and banners. I want hope he can see my works while he has focused to important things. Thanks for Demokritos!

When FOTS released. It bring new features, graphic, textures for us and while I have played campaigns, I must say: uniforms are cartoons, awful and too simple colored. I decided working with uniforms recolors and take new step for my works. I wish by you. Give feedbacks, comments, shouts, praises about my works. I take your suggestions as happily if you have good ideas. I have updated this thread with better and clear banner and now have BUTTONS for fieldsets!

I want welcome you to my NoBWM thread!

Head designer
    ♔Noif♔

- Big update released for NoBWM

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Newest update release for NoBWM. NoBWM is taking a break now.

B]4.8.2012[/B]
    - Newest update for NoBWM

- NoBWM got small update for flags!

- Released new update to NoBWM. Also NoOFC (Optional Faction recolors) is separeted from this thread to own topic.

- Releasing NoBWM Beta. Check introduce picture about information.

- Thread name Changed from NACC to NoBWM (Noif's Boshin War Mod). More changes coming at evening.

- [WIP] NACC FOTS HISTORICAL FLAGS & BANNERS preview pictures released

Campaign and battlefield icons and banners.
    - Removed useless files from mod, so mod size is much smaller and not take too much slot from PC.
    - Improved Nagaoka banner in battlefield and campaign banner.
    - Slightly changed factions colors on major factions on campaign map, only Tsu and Nagaoka got full change.
    - Changed Tsu faction banner to vanilla, but improved color.
    - All major boshin war factions historical icons are still save, when you are in faction select and those icons will be in game. In Campaign and
    agents have same icons like on battlefield. ( I removed those red-white campaign and battlefield banners by Satsuma, Choshu, Tsu and Tosa, because it
    not fit with small unit icons in battlefield and army forces in campaign map.
    - Agent's icon changed on Tsu and Nagaoka.
    - Edo's banner is now replaced on Tokugawa banner (Previous version, Edo didnt have)

Uniforms
    - Improved colors on Tsu and Nagaoka's colors.
    - Slighlty changed uniform colors on major factions (Satsuma, Choshu, Jozai and Tosa)

Old notes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- New Imperial flag to Satsuma, Choshu, Tosa, Saga and Tsu (thanks for Anton III about donate)

+ Minor factions recolors are also in NoBWM!

Coming soon!

- Helmet colors changes,
    Example: your helmet is red, but when you move your camera closer to your units. a helmet change color like yellow > dark orange and red > purple.
    - Flag colors
    Example: Some flags looks different as it should be. Like I colored to green-blue, but graphic and sun color make it different so it looks like Green one.

1. Download my NoBWM -mod (It find under CREDITS)
    2. Place the extracted pack file into the data folder of S2TW, which in the case of XP is usually found along the following directory: C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2.
    3. Make sure you don't have any other mod of this kind (including older versions of my mod) installed simultaneously there, because it might interfere with the function of this mod or the game itself. For the same reason, if you want use any other mod of this sort, you have to remove mine (just drop the file elsewhere) first.
    4. Enjoy!

IF you get any problems about my mod, contact to me. I'll try fix it as quickly I can.

CA - FOR THE GREATEST FOTS GAME
    Demokritos - "-Sensei", who teached recolors for me
    Anton III - Good guides by banners&flags

Noif's Mods:
    NOIF's Boshin War: Historical flags, Banners and Uniforms
    NOIF's Modern Japan Army Mod
    NOIF's Optional Faction Recolors [FOTS]

Updated link: 22.3.2013
    You can download NoBW Mod on this link: NoBWM_HISTORICAL_FLAGS_BANNERS_UNIFORM
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; March 22, 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Updated to NoBWM

Content Emeritus

Deleted
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; May 06, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - FOTS uniforms project

Noif, good job mate, am very pleased that you have undertaken to reskin the units. Good luck with this project. I am eagerly awaiting your reskinning of the Choshu faction.

Splendid job mate, are Jozai up next?

Well Done Noif!
    I will be using your mod for sure!
    Are you basing your recoluring on personal preference or on any historical references.
    +REP

Content Emeritus

Released "Beta" version about Tosa -faction uniforms. I believe more improves will coming these days and Tosa will get some small changes. Now I can tell I 'am working on Aizu recolors. After Aizu is coming Jozai (I got bad feeling and shocked, when I saw first time Jozai uniforms during my test). Thanks about cheering comments. I working happily now, always focus get perfect recolors for all factions.

Germanicus: It depend, I 'am searching some historical references when I find. If you can find some documents. Tell sure for me, so I can test it. In otherwise, I focus to recoloring for better.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; March 30, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

satyrus's Avatar Civis

Hi Man, very great job looks very good , can not wait to the other factions.

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for this, can't wait for the Jozai update.

nice work noif, but i dont understand why you changed the tosa colours to dark brown. they now look exactly like aizu. the "little bit recoloured" screenshots you posted are perfect. it would be good if you could do a version where each clan is recoloured in this way. that is to retain their faction colours but to be toned down similar to the "little bit recoloured" screenshots.

Great work! +rep!
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Cant wait until Tsu is fixed and not so heavy purple.
    Last edited by Ishan; May 05, 2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Double Post

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    nice work noif, but i dont understand why you changed the tosa colours to dark brown. they now look exactly like aizu. the "little bit recoloured" screenshots you posted are perfect. it would be good if you could do a version where each clan is recoloured in this way. that is to retain their faction colours but to be toned down similar to the "little bit recoloured" screenshots.
    I wondering same, because if Tosa units are in sunny and watch closer, they might have looks brown as I have tried darker jacket. But I need remind you: that is "beta release" and I am still working on Tosa to find better color for it. In ACC MOD v1.1 Tosa will get improved and better uniform and not look same like Aizu.

ACC MOD v1.1 NOTES:
    - Tosa unit uniforms will get update.
    - Aizu unit uniforms release
    - Jozai unit uniforms is now progressing and should come to v1.1 with Tosa and Aizu.
    Last edited by Ishan; May 05, 2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Double Post

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - FOTS uniforms project V1.0

Well, Noif, this mod will save the game for a lot of people! I commend you for this iniatitive. I also appreciate it for taking some of the pressure off me to do something similar. Now they can turn to you instead. Thank you, my friend.

The work so far looks very promising. Keep it up! I'll return to this thread many times to check how things are developping (judging by the screenshots, as I have no comp to run the game anymore).

So how far do your plans go for the expansion: all playable clans are to be recoloured? There are no minor clans in the expansion (in need of recolouring)?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    So how far do your plans go for the expansion: all playable clans are to be recoloured? There are no minor clans in the expansion (in need of recolouring)?
    First I want focus to playable factions and after that is DLC clans turn, because I dont have Tsu, Obama and Sendai so it will be hard make any test without "All clans playable" mod, otherwise i need make test on campaign. After I have worked with Playable + DLC faction. I will looking foward with other factions recolors and maybe banners if I have time after uniforms. I will also aiming to historic references, when I get more documents. Boshin war not have many good pictures than Sengoku or Sekigahara, so I need use my imaginate and make a perfect uniform for all factions.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; March 31, 2012 at 04:43 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    First I want focus to playable factions and after that is DLC clans turn, because I dont have Tsu, Obama and Sendai so it will be hard make any test without "All clans playable" mod, otherwise i need make test on campaign. After I have worked with Playable + DLC faction. I will looking foward with other factions recolors and maybe banners if I have time after uniforms. I will also aiming to historic references, when I get more documents. Boshin war not have many good pictures than Sengoku or Sekigahara, so I need use my imaginate and make a perfect uniform for all factions.
    Good idea.

If you think I can help, just let me know (in PMs).

I appreciate the name change to NACC, too. That way there's less risk for mod confusion on this site.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    ACC MOD v1.1 NOTES:
    - Tosa unit uniforms will get update.
    - Aizu unit uniforms release
    - Jozai unit uniforms is now progressing and should come to v1.1 with Tosa and Aizu.
    When will 1.1 be available for download? Also, are the colors you're using historically accurate? Thanks for taking the initiative on this.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    When will 1.1 be available for download? Also, are the colors you're using historically accurate? Thanks for taking the initiative on this.
    Coming really soon. They are not historically accurated yet. At first I want get those ugly uniforms out and then researching more to history.

NACC FOTS uniforms v1.1 is released out!
    Last edited by Ishan; May 05, 2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Double Post

Default Re: Noif's Alternative Clan Colours (NACC) - FOTS uniforms project V1.1

nice work, noif. you will make a lot of people happy with the jozai recolour, they look good

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I think I've said it about half a dozen times now, but:

Excellent !

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

it works fine in custom battles, but unfortunately it doesnt work in campaign battles

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast