Thread: Pre-battle interactive geisha entertainment: An opportunity missed.

Default Pre-battle interactive geisha entertainment: An opportunity missed.

Now, we all know that geisha generally don't come into play until late game in Shogun 2. I think CA really missed out on a great opportunity here to help further immerse the players in the setting and bring a greater degree of realism to the game. Much like how the geisha in Fall of the Samurai inspire armies, these new geisha would be different than their highly specialized counterparts and would appear early in the game. You would have the option to perform for your general or Daimyo in an interactive mini-game of sorts. Think of the impact!

Certain generals would have certain likes and dislikes, so finding those out by reading their traits would be key. Going from that, you plan your performance and do your best to make them happy. Better performances end with a Daimyo or general with higher morale, and we all know that a happy general makes for a happy army, thus boosting the army's morale, as well. It's much better than simply clicking to "embed" the geisha into the stack. This leaves it up to you, the player, to use your strategic thinking skills to find out how you should use the geisha's charm.

But watch out! If you perform poorly or offend the general, it could lead to the end of the geisha's career! There is no room in Japan for retired geisha, so you must be extra careful. If a general is offended or displeased, he may take it out on his army, making poor calls in battles to come, costing morale and maybe even casualties due to clouded judgment.

This is just a base, too. The sky's the limit!

edit: Just to clarify, I am not speaking of anything sexual in nature.
    Last edited by Frei; March 30, 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Default Re: Pre-battle interactive geisha entertainment: An opportunity missed.

yep..this thread will last long

What? I's a legitimate discussion. I'm not referring to anything sexual. The suggestions of others just got me thinking.

lolz well played sir

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

No.

Do it in reverse.

I want a Sengoku Jidai harem bishojo game.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Frei View Post
    What? I's a legitimate discussion. I'm not referring to anything sexual. The suggestions of others just got me thinking.

hehe I was thinking more that you are referring to the pre-battle duels thread you know..the one where a moderator deleted half the posts

The Dutch Devil's Avatar Krakiszki the Hunter
    Content Emeritus

TWC is not the place for 'interactive pre-battle Geisha entertainment'. Closed.

Patronized by the glorious all knowing Legio.