Thread: FOTS 4 TPY (BETA)

Default FOTS 4 TPY (BETA)

okay this thing is barely working but it isn't causing crashes (unless you want to play as the Jozai, not sure what's up with that yet). For every other clan, however, you can play this mod with 4 turns per year; I prefer this because I hate how 50 turns in you have a kid and you're like "YAY!" and then realize the game is over in 4 years at which point he will be 5, and will never be a general. *sadface*

the effect_bundles of the seasons are botching things atm so the seasons are weird, full warning, but for those interested (and who want to educate me on how to fix some of these problems) please give this a shot.

Start year is the same, end year is 1904 (onset of Russo-Japanese War) for all 3 campaigns lengths

INSTALL: just unrar and put in "data" folder, then update your user.script with the line "mod boshin_extended_4TPY.pack;"

Default Re: FOTS 4 TPY (BETA)

Other then the fact that it takes 100000000 turns for a year in FOTS, I also notice that my general and Daimyo, is not able to walk at the same amount of distance compared with original base S2. I mean he just takes two steps and then pulls his damn stool in the middle of winter in enemy territory!

It seems, the people of the 1800's needs to exercise more often.

Anyways, in addition to increasing the time length, can you make him walk further? That would really allow us to do a lot in a shorter time frame.

Ah very good point. Now that the PFM is alive again, I can see about it; the problem is, I would have to change the movement rate of all units in the units tables - I don't mind doing this, it seems necessary for this, but it would therefore conflict with like..........any other mod ever. My mom is visiting this weekend ( ) but I will try to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by madpluck View Post
    Ah very good point. Now that the PFM is alive again, I can see about it; the problem is, I would have to change the movement rate of all units in the units tables - I don't mind doing this, it seems necessary for this, but it would therefore conflict with like..........any other mod ever. My mom is visiting this weekend ( ) but I will try to get to it.
    Unfortunately the bane of all modularity-minded modders until someone invents the DBAutoDiffMergeModManager. Then again, you'd still need to make players use a third-party launcher/mod manager, but I figure the acceptation rate of that among the TW community is high enough seeing how many people use Darth's launchers without any complaints and any attempt at a mod manager seems appreciated by many people.

I think Radious would be very happy indeed if he could just magically change a single column or a single value in a table without breaking compatibility with other mods that change this table.
    Last edited by DaFranker; March 31, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Greetings mad. How did you edit the turn per years?. I just tried edit the startpos.esf with esf editor to get 12 turns per year like 12 months but i get an error. So, i guess it need an update. Any tips?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudora View Post
    Greetings mad. How did you edit the turn per years?. I just tried edit the startpos.esf with esf editor to get 12 turns per year like 12 months but i get an error. So, i guess it need an update. Any tips?.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=530797

You have to use other tools. They're a bit less user-friendly, but they work.

Anyway, i'm going to try. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    Unfortunately the bane of all modularity-minded modders until someone invents the DBAutoDiffMergeModManager. Then again, you'd still need to make players use a third-party launcher/mod manager, but I figure the acceptation rate of that among the TW community is high enough seeing how many people use Darth's launchers without any complaints and any attempt at a mod manager seems appreciated by many people.

I think Radious would be very happy indeed if he could just magically change a single column or a single value in a table without breaking compatibility with other mods that change this table.
    Yeah that's why it's Wed and I still haven't gotten around to it. I'm just convincing myself that it's okay to have the campaign move really slowly, esp because I'm playing as the Tsu and it means that all the shogunate factions who declared war on me in the first two turns take longer to attack me

There's no other way around this, right? I mean such a unit movement tweak would be totally incompatible with everything else, right DaFranker? In that case I'd say this is just fun until the major mods get going for FOTS, at which point this lil mod will be obsolete in my opinion, and I'll just end up editing their game files for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by madpluck View Post
    Yeah that's why it's Wed and I still haven't gotten around to it. I'm just convincing myself that it's okay to have the campaign move really slowly, esp because I'm playing as the Tsu and it means that all the shogunate factions who declared war on me in the first two turns take longer to attack me

There's no other way around this, right? I mean such a unit movement tweak would be totally incompatible with everything else, right DaFranker? In that case I'd say this is just fun until the major mods get going for FOTS, at which point this lil mod will be obsolete in my opinion, and I'll just end up editing their game files for myself.
    Yes, editing any unit in unit_stats or units tables will permanently set the values you have as the "only" values for that unit, overriding any other mods that come before it in the load order. The last mod loaded that had that unit in that table wins, so to speak.

There are only two possible workarounds: Systematically (or automatically, using some form of script, which would still be difficult as of now because there isn't the infrastructure to do it properly without a bit more coding) merge the tables from all the mods where there's a difference between the mod and the vanilla table, or have CA implement something that allows us to change db data selectively and gives us more control over data loading (e.g. a "GUID"-like field for all tables, for instance, with a flag that lets us declare to the engine's db parser/loader to "ignore" blank fields and use values declared in a previous entry having the same GUID for those fields for this table).

Otherwise, there could be possible workarounds in scripting, but then you'd probably have to override scripting.lua altogether, which isn't really any better in many cases.