Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Steampunk/Samurai UPDATED August 17 (with LINK, check OP/got eye candy pics inside as well)

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: World War I and Shogun II .... a mod idea (got eye candy pics inside)

Ok, this will be my last post for now. Just though I'd update the samurai faction roster with new units.

Auxillary units:
    Kisho Snipers (snipers ap rounds) size 40
    Ashigaru Pistolers (Spear & revolver) size 240
    Teppo Ashigaru (rifle higher ROF then samurai much lower accuracy) size 240
    SMG Ashigaru (Crap accuracy unbelievable ROF)(might be sacked)
    Ashigaru Volunteers ( rifle & spear high morale) size 300
    Ashigaru riflemen (rifle, strongest ashigaru unit) size 240
    Ashigaru mounted rifles (rifles horse back) size 120

Samurai Units:
    Samurai Volunteers (musket & katana Suicidale morale) size 160
    Teppo Samurai (rifle higher accuracy lower ROF) size 120
    Samurai Marines (Rifle katana strong all around) size 120
    SMG samurai (bad accuracy amazing ROF)(might be sacked) size 120
    Samurai Grenadiers (Firebombs & Katana) size 120
    Samurai Stormtroopers (Elite Infantry very strong all around) size 120
    Teppojutusu Masters (Hero super human accuracy and melee skills) size 40

Cavalry units:
    Scout cavalry (high CMM, can hide anywhere, sniper rifles, lower accuracy then foot snipers, 5 reload) size 40
    Revolver Cavalry (revolvers katana) size 80
    Yari Cavalry (europe had lancers, why cant samurai?) size 80
    Carbiners (carbine cavalry) size 80

Artillery units:
    Field Guns (cheapest cannons) 4 guns 40 men
    Heavy Field guns (most expensive cannons) 4 guns 40 men
    Light Howitzers (Cheapest howitzers) 4 howitzers 40en
    Heavy howitzers (most expensive howitzers) 4 howitzers 40 men
    Mortars (short range, highly mobile?, can deploy anywhere?) 4-8 mortars 40-80 men

Foreign troops (there in vanilla fots why not modded?)
    RCI's (royal Canadian infantry) size 120, range 150, accuracy 300, reload 300, melee attack 90, charge 90, melee defence 90, morale 1,000,000, armour 1 abilities ap rounds, suppression fire, mass fire, banzai, bayonet charge, war cry
    Royal Canadian mounted police size 80, range 150, accuracy 200, reload 450, melee attack 90, charge 180, melee defense 45, armour 1, morale 1,000,001 abilities ap rounds, suppression fire, mass fire, banzai, warcry.

So what do you guys think of this? Note for the mortars I'm waiting for you opinions be for I make finalize what they'll be like.

Also the Canadians may be underpowered.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: World War I and Shogun II .... a mod idea (got eye candy pics inside)

Sorry for not replying a bit here, but currently, I am mostly offline (internet problems and such) so not paying too much attention, but I'll try to collate all the latest replies and pitch in on how it looks.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by hochmeister devin View Post
    Hey weirdoascensor would it be ok if I could use your artillery in the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=531544 project? XD I don't even know where to find those models, so it may take awhile for me to do so and to all ready have them.

Edit: I don't plan to use them all just the howitzers and mortars for now.
    There are No Models for WW1 Artillery.
    I could make Projectiles, but without the models, nor effects, for : Shotgun Shots, Guns and Howitzers of Various Sizes, Incendiary Shells, Beehive Canister Shells, Flechette Shots, Knee Mortar, Stick Grenade, Rockets,...
    Flamethrower Stream, Mustard Gas Cloud...may need more experimentations...

But Without The Models. Why? because there is NO model converter for S2TW.

For The Effects... You'll need someone expert in it; definately not my field. But It is Completely Possible to make it now, by someone who could.

Oh, then, I believe you've seen my plans for unit roster:

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    My Planned Unit Roster
    Some Completed Units:
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Ashigaru Volunteer Rifles.
    "Heroes would not be Heroes without the support of the unsung ones"
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

91st "Hashiba" Ashigaru Foot Rifles
    "What made a Bushi, Is not his mere Ancestry. Its how he follows The Bushido."

Samurai Pistol Stormtroopers
    "Only The Fastest Guns of The Rising Sun would Last Standing at High Noon."

S.N.L.F. Rikusentai Samurai Marines
    "The Higher The Cliff before the tide, The Harder The Wave would struck."

Samurai Rifle Guards
    "Bushido and Teppojutsu. Together in Harmony. Paving The Way."

Maybe I'll upload the Test_Prototype_Beta Pack Later...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; May 22, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

Of those units you posted, the ashigaru volunteer rifles sound like my ashigaru riflemen, the samurai pistoleros can be done, and the SNLF what would you propose that's not covered?

Weirdoascensor how do you get he unit variant files in your pack? Mine are just txt's.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Indefinitely Banned

Heres the completed units. Stats were still not properly balanced and still no unitcards.

Well, you could always integrate them...

Great work everyone! I personally think that we should create a new thread for this to post all of the progress and such. I will most definetly try out the beta pack in a few hours.

I'll likely be done all the units in the list on the top of the page by tomorrow, except the artillery the howitzers, and motars will have to wait till I download weirdoascensors artillery mod to find out the unit model names.
    Also heres the Royal Canadian Infantry, with mark IV helmets & bayonets! The other pic is Samurai Carbiners.

Note: the Canadians have so much morale the first digit is cut off, its actualy 1,000,000.
    My mods

Some more pics! Ones of the Ashigaru Volunteers the next 2 are more RCI pics, and the last are the redone scouts unit, the have sniper rifles, but they have to dismount to fire.
    My mods

Here I go!!! Ted is finally out, and get ready for a few WWI themed maps!

I still cant belive nobody commented on the Royal Canadian Infantry Unit...
    My mods

Oh sorry. Its nice, howver is it possible to alter the faces? It just looks kinda wierd that way.

What i ment was there stats, lol 100000 morale, lol. On there faces I forgot to give them european ones, so there no longer japanese XD and I've changed there uniform color to kaki.
    My mods

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

I just made this WW1 map with Ted, heres some screens. How can I upload it so that people can download? Probably a stupid question but I havn't ever uploaded any sort mod or map before.

Guys, I have fully enabled earthworks and chevaux de fries for all my custom units. I've also nerfed Canadian units (shamfur dispray) so you won't be able to kill thousands of men with the Canadian infantry . Also the samurai units should be released tomorrow, unless something happens last minute.
    My mods

Indefinitely Banned

Hochmeister,
    You could reverse-engineer other mods, especially my Modern Samurai Units, To Refine Your Units Up To Standards.
    Learning to edit variantmodels is a must.

My Comments:
    Spears is Completely Unecessary, Archaic, Unpractical, and Looks Bad on WW1 units. Use Bayonets.
    For foreign units, replace their Head, Uniforms, and Sounds into Western Ones.
    Ashigaru Units should look like Ashigaru - Use The Iconic Lampshade Jingasa.
    If you do not like Backpacks on Ninja Units, change their Warscape Theme to ones that doesnt carry them.
    Give all Infantry mass_fire and light_infantry_behaviour.

This is My Unit Roster Plan:

Samurai Units - Done

Ashigaru Volunteer Rifles
    Basic Inf - The Concept of Ashigaru itself in Modern Army or Society makes no sense, but since this mod is made to invoke Historical Japanese Warfare feelings, they'll be portrayed as Volunteers wearing Steel Lampshade Jingasa Helmets reminiscent of Sengoku Jidai Ashigaru

91st Hashiba Ashigaru Foot
    Elite Ashigaru Light Infantry - Represents the Ascent of ashigaru into the ranks of the Samurai during the Sengoku Jidai - Even Lowly servants could Rise. The name "Hashiba" for Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the sandal-bearer who finally became the Second Unifier of Japan.

Samurai Rifle Guards
    Samurai Themselves ARE elites. They only counts of 10% of the Japanese Demographics at their peak number. Teppo are actually seen as an weapon to be respected - Read the Quotes by Hijikata Toshizo, Miyamoto Musashi, and Kato Kiyomasa at loading pages.

SNLF Samurai Marines
    Assault Inf - Marines is a perfect branch for Samurai, they'll volunteer themselves to storm the most defended beaches...

Samurai Stormtroopers
    Assault Inf - Shotguns do not fit a Samurai, and currently i have no idea how to make SMG, ...so they trained in Pistol Iaijutsu, Niten Style

Samurai Cuirassiers

68th Elite Samurai Legion of The Banner
    Hero - The Concept of hero with its own Entourage do not fit into Modern Warfare - They are more of an Highly Decorated Elite Unit.

Teikoku Rikugun & Kaigun Land Units

Conscripts (Basic)
    Sailor Garrison (Naval Base Garrison)
    Rikugun Juukihei (Main Infantry, Well Trained and Highly Motivated)
    Kaigun Rikusentai (Marines)
    Rikugun & SNLF Trenchgun Stormtroopers (Assault Inf, Shotguns)
    Teishin Shudan (Spec Ops)
    Rikugun Mounted Rifles
    Kempeitai & Tokketai (Buff & Repression Support)
    Tekidanto Squad (Grenade Dischargers)
    Dokuritsu Kohei (Combat Engineers with Flamethrowers - Theoretically possible, need someone expert on effects modding. No Model)
    Ezo Units - Only Recruitable at Ezo (Need Skinner for Faces and Uniforms)
    Why? If There would be Hokkaido-Based Faction, they should Recruit Ainu into Their Army.

Ezo Hunters (Garrison)
    Ezo Rifles (Light Infantry)
    Ezo Mounted Rangers
    ...And Dont Forget to Include another Japanese Iconic Warriors other Than Samurai: Shinobi, Sohei (Warrior Monks) and Joshigun/ Onna Bushi (Samurai Women Warriors)

Sohei Units
    It is quite inconceivable how temples could have a standing army apart of the national army in the modern age...unless it is an local guerilla force or, As a Ministry that held significant Power in the Goverment, and uses religious zeal to indoctrinate an army of itself

Ikko Ikki Fanatics
    Armed Fanatics - No Skills whatsoever but have Suicidal Morale

Disciple Rifles (Main Inf, not as good as regulars, but more religiously indoctrinated)

Yamabushi Mountain Rifles (Light Inf - Excellent Conditioning with great stamina. They are not indoctrinated...they are far more level-headed, having reached harmony with the Mountain and the Teppo...)

Sohei Temple Guards (Elite Inf & Support - Leads another Sohei units. Religious Zealots, but realize that Fanatical Screaming do not win battles; Mastery of Teppojutsu, Juukenjutsu and Coordination will.)

78th Sohei Guardians of The Pure Land (Hero & Support)
    Joshigun Units - Female Samurai Warriors

Joshigun Resistance (Guerilla Garrison)
    Joshigun Homeland Guard (Main Inf)
    Joshigun Mounted Raiders
    Joshigun Sogkihei (Sharpshooters)
    47th "Tomoe Gozen" Heroine of The Restoration Guards (Hero & Support) - Named After The Legendary Tomoe Gozen
    Shinobi Units - Ninjutsu itself not restricted into any classes, so any spec ops units could be ninja units. Ninjas themselves do not have any obligatory ties whatsoever to stick with the Samurai - after all Samurai tends to despise Them.

Partisans (The Ninjutsu itself first born amongst the Iga and Koga guerillas)
    Oniwaban Kishu Infiltrators (Dual-pistol armed)
    Shinobi Sogekihei (Marksman Squad)
    Shinobi Kishu Tekidanto Squad (Infiltration Fire Support)
    Shinobi Shinigami Sniper Aces (Hero Snipers - Only 4 man per unit, but has Superb accuracy, High damage, and Very Long Range.)

Indefinitely Banned

For Artillery, Use These Pieces; choose what faction bought from which manufacturer:

Old Guns (Obsolete Guns that is somehow still in Army Inventory - Mostly not equipped with hidropneumatic recoil mechanism)
    Armstrong Guns (British)
    Krupp C64 (German)
    De Bange 90mm (French)

Light Guns:
    Krupp 76,2 mm Infanteriegeschutz (German)
    BL 2.75 inch Mountain Gun(British)

Light Mortars & Light Howitzers
    7.58 cm Minenwerfer (German)
    9.15 cm leichtes Minenwerfer System Lanz(German)
    Mortier Aasen (Russian)
    QF 3.7 inch Mountain Howitzer(British)
    2 inch Medium Mortar(British)
    Mortier de 58 mm type 2(French)

Field Guns
    Krupp FK 96 (German)
    Krupp FK 16 (German)
    10.5 cm Feldhaubitze 98/09(German)
    Canon de 75 modele 1897 (French)
    QF 15 Pounder (British)
    QF 18 Pounder (British)
    QF 4.5 inch Howitzer (British)
    76mm divizionnaya pushka obrazca 1902 (Russian)

Heavy Artillery
    38-shiki 150mm Ryudanho Howitzer
    15 cm sFH 02 (German)
    15 cm sFH 02 (German)
    10 cm K 04 (German)
    10 cm K 14 (German)
    13.5 cm K 09 (German)
    15 cm K 16 (German)
    21 cm Mörser 10(German)
    Mortier de 150 mm T Mle 1917 Fabry (French)
    240 mm Mortier (French)
    Canon de 155 C modèle 1915 St. Chamond (French)
    Canon de 155mm GPF (French)
    9.45 inch Heavy Mortar(British)
    BL 5.4 inch Howitzer(British)
    BL 60 pounder gun(British)
    BL 6 inch Gun(British)
    42 line gun M1877 (Russian)
    6 inch siege gun M1877(Russian)
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; May 24, 2012 at 01:35 AM.

The artillery can't be change to look like those, so we're kinda stuck in that sense. Also I just found out how to import variant models yesterday so I'm doing my best, the samurai grenadiers now have full armour, Canadians don't look Japanese, ashigaru look ashigaru like, etc. I think I may replace the spears with bayonets, sense I just made them yesterday I found out the animation is really clumsy and silly looking, vs the bayonets which look cool.
    My mods

Indefinitely Banned

Well, good to hear that...

Haha, yes...i know about the artillery rigidmodel issue, just making a list...

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Bear with me for awhile for the lack of any reply commenting on this.

(I've been reading more than a dozen wiki articles of any link that connects to the Bakumatsu to Late Meiji in the hopes of making a really convincing backstory. )

In quick summary, Sakamoto Ryouma was not assassinated, Saigo got killed in a disastrous battle in Ueno when Sendai made surprise move to reinforce troops near Edo using the Shogunate fleet instead of sitting around the Bay.

Katsu Kaishu of the Shogunate approached his friend and protege, none other than Sakamoto (those 2 guys relationships is in real life kinda cool,) to broker a truce that would save face for all sides. Sakamoto Ryouma who was now the only person who can influence the 2 main players on the Imperial side, the Satsuma who just lost its figurehead, Saigo, and Choshu who are only it for the toppling of the Tokugawa Clan and not much else.

Lets not forget Sakamoto is a Tosa man and the Tosa are merely interested in how to resolve this as quickly and amicably as possible. The initiative by Katsu Kaishu supported by the nominal head of the Ouetsu Reppan Domei, the Sendai Domain daimyo was just what they need and supported fully Sakamoto's proposal to open negotiations with the Shogunate via Katsu Kaishu. Also the British extended there hand as well and in

Long story short, a deal was made, well more like a compromise that satisfies them only bare minimum with the aim to renegotiate it for the next generation of leaders, lower half will submit directly to the Imperial Court and the Shogunate will retain itself albeit Yoshinobu will retire, become abbot of Ueno (besides, the Tōshō-gū Shrine of his ancestors recieved extensive damage and needs attention.)

The Shogunate will pass to the 6 year old Kamenosuke of the Tayasu-Tokugawa Branch, now Shogun Tokugawa Iesato, with the pacifist Sendai Domain Daimyo, Date Yoshikuni will become regent and guardian to the young Shogun as a guarantee that hardliners on both sides can be reigned in just in time for the next negotiations.

Its still sketchy, and I intend to inflate this backstory with more than a dozen names. Not to mention how to cook up a story involving Otori Keisuke, Hijikata Toshizo, Kondo Isami and others, then fast forward to the 1890s-1900s. Using samurai armor and modern weaponry.

Look at that mofo, Hijikata, modern clothes topped with overcoat with samurai sword.

Yes, I realized I suggested WWI at the beginning being 1910s onwards but we must reconcile that we cant change ship models and artillery models hence this will just be a "steampunk mod" and limited to 1890s and 1900s.

BUT there are added benefits, the entire roster of units and notable individuals participating in the 1st Sino Japanese War and Russo Japanese war are ours to utilize. Hence we can have ADMIRAL TOGO as head of the Nippon Kaigun (Satsuma domain renamed). Hence we wont be cooking up fictitious names just to fill in all the domain slots. But real Meiji Era or early Taisho era individuals.

(Besides I prefer it that way. )

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Good now I have a legit reason to sack the Defective SMG units! I think I will replace them with the following:

Rifle sohei (rifles, bayonet but with different animation)
    Samurai pistoleros (dual revolvers, katana)
    My mods