Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

Just took part in my first linebattle. And it was pretty awesome. Our regiment only has like 20 or so members atm so we did it alongside another small regiment and we were against 18e. Battle finished with a score of 6-4 to 18e.

Few pics:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

But you're using single rank lines, eww

If I understand well It's Scotland vs France ? What is happening in that last screenshot , are french surrendering ( not that it surprises me ) ?

And dear lord why do those players always have to have those retarded usernames .

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    But you're using single rank lines, eww
    double rank lines cause far too many uneeded deaths for your line though D:

my regiemnt if we have too many members for a single rank line we split the line so an officer leads one part of the line and our col leads the other

Content Emeritus

Actually, I disagree, if you have a double rank line with the men properly trained for spacing (half man's width) it gives a lot of room for bullets to fly between the files. Add this to the fact that deploying in it is a rather bit faster (especially considering no firing out of formation is a rule in many linebattles) and it is very effective, but that is just my experience, been doing double rank since August without too many issues, plus it is just more fun than snake lining it IMO

But to each his own I suppose

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Mind View Post
    If I understand well It's Scotland vs France ? What is happening in that last screenshot , are french surrendering ( not that it surprises me ) ?
    Those are all British skirmishers not the French. In a game about the Napoleonic Wars, France is gonna be the one beating everyone's ass anyways.

Actually, I disagree, if you have a double rank line with the men properly trained for spacing (half man's width) it gives a lot of room for bullets to fly between the files. Add this to the fact that deploying in it is a rather bit faster (especially considering no firing out of formation is a rule in many linebattles) and it is very effective, but that is just my experience, been doing double rank since August without too many issues, plus it is just more fun than snake lining it IMO

It worked well if you are good at utilizing it. Our brigade...is not. We couldn't march in a double column to save our lives.

Content Emeritus

It worked well if you are good at utilizing it. Our brigade...is not. We couldn't march in a double column to save our lives.
    Still though, looking forward to the linebattle tonight, hopefully we will be in your server rather than the draGoon's server. Rddt at least tries to follow the rules

Was in another linebattle this evening. Our regiment, 72nd and the 42nd against 1er and some other regiment. We were playing in skirmish order while 42nd went for single rank. One of the French regs used double ranks and were utterly raking the 42nd apart.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionhear...e=results_main

This guy was present during the battle and will be uploading the video soon apparently. I'll link it here once it's uploaded.

Well it's UK vs France. We had another French reg playing on the UK team that game. That screeny was us just pissing about before the battle.
    Last edited by Shneckie; June 22, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

This game and all the mount and blade games are so great. Not only is the singleplayer fun, but the multiplayer is amazing. I don't have to sit there and grind and torture myself all day for a lousy rank, I just go in and have the same equipment and playing field as the rest of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    This game and all the mount and blade games are so great. Not only is the singleplayer fun, but the multiplayer is amazing. I don't have to sit there and grind and torture myself all day for a lousy rank, I just go in and have the same equipment and playing field as the rest of the players.
    Indeed, it's very much a skill based game.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

We finally split into companies. Jorge was telling me to keep my men moving forward, totally ignoring the cannon, most of my company was wiped out, including the top melee man.
    Then the third round we were given free reign, but he wanted the companies to stick together. So I was following Alken's company and he took the middle of this small hill. So it was either shoot him in the back, or get shot by him in the back. So I decided to march forward some more, towards this other hill that was close. Well, that wasn't too good of an idea xD.

I've got to dust off my leading skills though, it's been a while.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Was anyone in that RHA Siege today?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I found this funny moment in game: Austria soldier hiding and act like a tree.

oh yeah if you have people good at getting spacing right then it may be worthwhile
    but our regiments privates and recruits are kind of bad about getting their spacing right no matter how many times we try to get them to do it right

but double ranks does look pretty cool though but every line that has deployed double ranks against us has normally taken more casualties in shooting
    Last edited by wolfbane751; June 24, 2012 at 06:25 AM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You know, I've only recently started playing cavalry more in TDM and Battle public matches, always been an infantryman otherwise. I always thought most cavalryman were out of their mind to always charge me when I obviously had my musket ready for them, but playing as a hussar a lot lately I can now see how easy it can be to misjudge the distance and readiness of a bayonet. When going at full speed you really don't even get to see them begin the stabbing animation by the time your horse is down and you're eating the dirt.

Good to see it from that perspective at least. Always thought cav were just plain stupid to go after a guy with a long pointy stick, but it really is easy to misjudge that distance you have.

Speaking of idiotic players who go cavalry, in a recent linebattle, some regiment got butthurt so hard because they were getting steamrolled, they cheated and spawned as cavalry. This is what happened when they charged our regiment:

Cro-Gamer's Avatar Civis

I really think about buying it but are there some ...lets say "croatian" regiments ??
    I searched in steam but didnt find anything

Check out the Regiment page on the Taleworld's forum:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,283.0.html
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

when my regiment played a cav detachment in a linebattle before we were pretty decent at distracting enemy line infantry allowing our line infantry to engage

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    oh yeah if you have people good at getting spacing right then it may be worthwhile
    but our regiments privates and recruits are kind of bad about getting their spacing right no matter how many times we try to get them to do it right

but double ranks does look pretty cool though but every line that has deployed double ranks against us has normally taken more casualties in shooting
    I take this as an insult wolf