Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

I'm awful at this dlc, but I love it!
    Anyone have any tips for using a musket?

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Well, 1st person for firing and 3rd for melee, I have also noticed muskets are very inaccurate if your firing at someone 30 feet or more away or 5 feet or more close to you, moving targets are very difficult to hit, try to aim at clusters of people since you will probably hit someone. As for range, I have no idea if guns have a limited range here.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Hrrm... For me it's the other way around.

3rd person gives you a better perspective while firing so you can mark your target as your reloading. Better than popping up in first person and letting off a quick shot before you get shot at. I use 1st person for melee since it's easier to aim the bayonet and judge the distance between you and your target. It also allows you to better see what direction your enemy will attack you. I used to play all the time in 3rd person and I was useless in melee. Was told to melee in 1st person and ever since I've been improving a lot.

How does the lag on this compare to warband?

it is awesome to have a bagpipe, drum, flute, piano and organ playing at the same time!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    it is awesome to have a bagpipe, drum, flute, piano and organ playing at the same time!
    When, I buy the game, I want to do that.

Just like this.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I usually do 3rd for both firing and melee, but use first when firing out windows.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Playing as a musician is my favourite part. Being a hornist and charging around on horseback is awesome.

Muskets are hard to get a hang of, aim for groups or stationary targets at medium ranges. Other than that you'll rarely hit anything. Getting a hang of a bayonet is key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Anybody know what pieces they used for the background music?

Well I just bought this DLC along with Red Orchestra Ostfront.. I am betting it is fun, though I was iffy on paying 10$ for it..

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Okay...after much evaluation i seriously feel someone needs to revisit the damage of bayonets...I consistently watch one guy with a bayonet take down every cavalry man that assaults him in a single shot and I dont even see the bayonet extend.As well it is virtually impossible to block when in melee on the ground rendering all defense practically useless...I know this has been brought up before but it is getting a bit out of hand making cavalry almost useless against a single man

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Okay...after much evaluation i seriously feel someone needs to revisit the damage of bayonets...I consistently watch one guy with a bayonet take down every cavalry man that assaults him in a single shot and I dont even see the bayonet extend.As well it is virtually impossible to block when in melee on the ground rendering all defense practically useless...I know this has been brought up before but it is getting a bit out of hand making cavalry almost useless against a single man
    Yeah cavalry is pretty powerless against bayonets, but then again that's how things were. A good cavalryman never ever charges infantry head on and always waits for an opportunity.

Blocking bayonets is relatively simple. Remember that bayonets only have a high or low attack so if your using a side block then it won't do anything.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Cav should never charge a mass of infantry, but should dominate in a 1v1 setting, which it doesn't. It is pretty bad that the best anti cavalry formation is skirmish order :/

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Cav should never charge a mass of infantry, but should dominate in a 1v1 setting, which it doesn't. It is pretty bad that the best anti cavalry formation is skirmish order :/
    Thats exactly my issue.Cavalry was rendered ineffective against masses of men forming a bayoneted front,but were dominant in open order or when catching infantry out of position,here it is not the case,as a single man takes on all comers....the bayonet has a decided advantage in melee against a saber on horseback or otherwise...

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Now I'm glad they made is so that swords are no longer made of rubber, but frankly it's even worse than MM, especially with the up stab. The up stab should be just a way of tripping someone up by putting metal in their face, especially since nothing of the sort that is seen in NW with the long ranging overhead could even be possible in real life without tripping and going waaay off balance. It should be just a way to trip people up and get them to cease down blocking, and make them stumble, like in MM.

And don't even get me started on the paper mache like effect of the Cuirassier's breastplate. Last friday I lead a group of dragoons against a larger force of Cuirasssiers, we ran circles around them and usually killed them in one go, we got a total of one glance, and that was from an overhead with the sword, certainly not what would actually happen when pitting medium cavalry against Cuirassiers. Heavy cav need to actually be heavy, with actual massive horses that knock you down to at least half health and make it take a few seconds to get up, Bracing needs to be worth a damn so it is used, and the up stab needs to be a little less gamey.

If I recall correctly it was said that if you ever meet with a cuirassier, you would be luck to escape with your life, let alone his helmet. If I had a dollar for every Cuirassier's helmet I would have collected by now, I could afford the new motherboard I'm looking at.

Indefinitely Banned

Native Warband's combat is much more appealing and rewarding. I just don't like the line battles and such, Total War makes line battles much more fun.

I have been playing it for a few days now. I will tell you this I HATE that upper bayonet stab. It is a new feature right? I don't remember it in mmrussia.

Only way to fight an infantrymen with a bayonet as a cavalry is to dismount, but it was also that way in mmrussia.

I have been playing it for a few days now. I will tell you this I HATE that upper bayonet stab. It is a new feature right? I don't remember it in mmrussia.

Only way to fight an infantrymen with a bayonet as a cavalry is to dismount, but it was also that way in mmrussia.
    Yeah, the overhead - stab is sooo overpowered. If 4 noobs attack me I can just do an overhead stab and they wont know how to react. They should use the one from MMrussia, even though its unlikely someone would hit like that...

So I bought the game today and I found that playing as a Hussar was very easy, it was pretty awesome running around an organized line who was moving with a couple of other guys just cutting them down before they could get in any formation. I figure that I will participate in the line battle on monday since it was so fun in the mod, someone on the server told me that hussars weren't available though. Is there any reason for that?

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Why does everyone complain about the Up stab? i like it. Brings some variety of bayonet combat. I was so tired of the typical lower stab. It was extremely easy to block against and combat was dull. At least with the Up stab combat is more fun since now you have to block against 2 possible stabs instead of one.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.