Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

Default Re: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

So basically they want us to pay for mods?

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

basically yeah though TBH i wouldnt really call it much of a expansion pack since its only multiplayer which isnt as interesting a singleplayer mode would be to me

I will probably buy it eventually since the majority of my time playing Mount and Blade: Warband is spent playing multiplayer. Not a priority though...Since there are so many great free mods...

Hey guys, I did 4 videosof the beta of the DLC, the commentaries are in french but the images speak by themselves ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HwZKL9ejw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuB6QTtIZiQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4-vOOccAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93RlKD8zYKQ
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

It looks great, especially the interactive features (building, digging, cannons etc.).
    High quality items all around.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

@Ojf: So basically they want us to pay for mods?

- M&B Warband: Napoleonic Wars is more than a mod. Mount and Musket was an “experimental” mod with a somewhat primitive community around it. There are many new features in the DLC and with a few years of experience, the community around the DLC will be very organized so you can have a great time and a great experience while playing NW.

@wolfbane751: basically yeah though TBH i wouldnt really call it much of a expansion pack since its only multiplayer which isnt as interesting a singleplayer mode would be to me

- There was a lot of talk regarding a possible single player mod back in the days. The main reason why the developers decided not to create such a feature was due to the lack of interest. The multiplayer feature of the mod was much more popular thus they decided to dedicate all of their time and energy in working around it and improving it as often as possible.

I would rather spend money on server maintenance, not for paying a mod hidden under the words "more than a mod". I enjoied a lot with mount and musket but this is too much for me soz but I'm not going to buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojf View Post
    So basically they want us to pay for mods?
    Considering the amount of content they released for free, you should feel bad for playing it beforehand.

It will be priced at 10 euros, and since it's a DLC, it will be moddable too and great mods are to come after the release I'm sure. So it's definitely a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    It will be priced at 10 euros, and since it's a DLC, it will be moddable too and great mods are to come after the release I'm sure. So it's definitely a good investment.
    Nothing bad will come with this release, only positive things. There will be no lack of content, and with an awesome, more organized community, the regular soldier will have the time of his/her life fighting in the epic scaled battles.

But of course, the question of either pay or not pay due to the feeling that tells you "NW is still a mod", is something that you only can decide. The decision for NW to cost some euros was due to its content, and of course the professionalism which MM did not have.

The thing that puts me off buying something like this is the chance of starting a battle and instantly getting killed by a cannon ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Uxbridge View Post
    The thing that puts me off buying something like this is the chance of starting a battle and instantly getting killed by a cannon ball.
    The chances are close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Uxbridge View Post
    Always help to learn how to dodge.

But no, most of the times you will get to charge and have a nice round of close combat and lots of shooting action.

Cant wait! I love Mount and musket and I was skeptical at first to buying the dlc, but after watching beta gameplay and all the new stuff I really want it and it looks like it is worth fighting! And remember, in MM there were about 100 - 200 players in the LBs and with the new DLC it is expected to regularly be about 200 - 230 players. They said they have fixed a lot of lagg problems. I just hope they are right!

It's coming out very very soon. This Thursday! GET IT!

Also, if you're in North America, and you haven't joined a regiment, come play the Friday Linebattle. I'm one of the public regiment officers, 2nd in command to 5arge the commanding officer. I'll be training you for battle, and leading you into it.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Pantsalot's Avatar Senator

I've already pre-ordered it, I never joined a regiment mostly because I
    was waiting for Austria to be released. Not like they were missing out on
    that considering I can hardly get above a 1:1 kill ratio XP
    I still have no idea how some people could get 20 kills before even going into
    melee..

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Pubs are always good, because their leaders 5arge and Gooner up there, and while I'm more partial to the 1stEPI, twas thanks to last nights pub goons that three EPI were able to wreck the reddit

Were you there for last nights last map Gooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsalot View Post
    melee..
    Join the pubs. We'll make a man out of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Pubs are always good, because their leaders 5arge and Gooner up there, and while I'm more partial to the 1stEPI, twas thanks to last nights pub goons that three EPI were able to wreck the reddit

Were you there for last nights last map Gooner?
    No man, it's exam season here. My next exams are Thursday and Satruday. I'll be there for the first Friday LB though.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsalot View Post
    melee..
    You should join a REAL regiment, like the 8th :p.

No pubs here, we make you awesome at Melee and stuff .
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    You should join a REAL regiment, like the 8th :p.

No pubs here, we make you awesome at Melee and stuff .
    Which linebattle does the 8th play in? Tuesday? I should drop by next Tuesday
    OR the secret Friday linebattle
    - Aragooner