Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

A little something before mount and blade 2?

This looks like a very well made mod.With cannons and rockets and line infantry fighting in mount and blade style.I think this one will be good.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Default Re: Mount and Blade:Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC

wow!this look extremly goood!
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Is it free?

EDIT: Its not. And its being made form Mount and Musket, meaning Mount and Musket will no longer be available. Not going to buy this now.
    Last edited by Vanoi; March 30, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

This looks awesome!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-DLC-Announced!

Must say I'm quite excited. And yes, M&M will still be available, there's too many mirrors for them to shut it down even if they wanted to.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

It looks rather spiffing:
    Here’s just a small selection of the most important new features that the DLC offers:
    - Completely remade France, Britain and Prussia + added the new Austrian Empire.
    - New units that you always wanted such as Voltigeurs and Cuirassiers for France, Light Dragoons for Britain, Death’s Head Hussars for Prussia and much much more.
    - A selection of over 220 unique units.
    - Sapper/engineering units for all factions, capable of building fortifications and blowing them or other buildings up using their explosives.
    - Several new types of artillery and ammunition types, including shells, canister and even rockets.
    - Flags, trees, plants and water moving with the wind and new background sounds bring the world to life.
    - Parallax mapping for walls, rocks and other objects for even greater atmosphere/graphics.
    - Musicians can now walk whilst playing, and even play the same tune together.
    - A large amount of new musician tunes, specific for each nation.
    - New high-quality voice acting for all factions, both for male and female characters.
    - Introducing the Siege game mode + a new Commander Battle mode where the players lead bots in a line battle against each other.
    - Crouching with a bayonet now allows you to brace it to kill an incoming horse.
    - Musicians, Ensigns and Officers give bonuses to nearby rankers.
    And much much more...
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Is it free?

EDIT: Its not. And its being made form Mount and Musket, meaning Mount and Musket will no longer be available. Not going to buy this now.
    It's basically the next update to MM though, and it's not like it can keep people from playing the last version of it through warband as a mod.

I'm a bit iffy on it being DLC now and having to pay for it, but I have plenty of fun in the line battles to be willing to pay a bit for the experience.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

if its cheap ill definitly buy it but if its like 15 dollars or more then i will just keep playin mount and musket

They took down the download link for Russia. :/
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

If it's for a reasonable price I will definitely consider buying it, I've spend many hours playing MM.

EDIT: Yep, the MM forums seem to be in the progress of being shut down.

New forum for the Napoleonic Wars DLC:
    http://www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/forums/index.php
    Last edited by Mangerman; March 30, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Seems the its a bit of a rip off of 'the deluge' amongst other things.

Also its not 220 units. Its 10 per faction, they count things like officers and standards as units.

Won't be buying it.

i havent even bought with fire and sword so y would i buy this? I dont like line battles and i cant manual block worth crap so melee is useless for me
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

the mod was awesome, but i wont buy this i think, since they made it an official dlc, i was expecting at least a campaign, but since it will probably be the same as the mod... wont get it.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

It's a pisser. I'll still probably buy it so that I can keep leading my dragoons and stay with the EPI, but it's a pisser none the less.

At least they could have added some more to keep it from being essentially MM Austria, like a campaign, but I see it as essentially Mount and Musket: The Deluge.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

At first I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO"! Then I calmed down and realized that it's only 5 bucks. Plus, we'll just be transferring games. It won't be all dramatic like "Matt, you're no longer captain. You're now a recruit."

So I have nothing to worry about.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

You guys should probably check this insane mod instead, L'Aigle: Napoleonic Warfare (WIP). It's a one man project but the stuff that guy creates is unbelievable.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=195571.0
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 31, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Yea, wont be long before someone with basic coding skills offers to make L'Aigle MP. We'll see how that turns out

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Yea, wont be long before someone with basic coding skills offers to make L'Aigle MP. We'll see how that turns out
    That would be interesting to see.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I remain sceptic on whether L'Aigle will ever be made MP.

I'm a bit uncomfortable buying it as well, but I will because I heard it won't be that expensive, like $10. ten bucks for a solid 2-3 hours of linebattle every week is well worth it imo.

Having said that, it still feels a bit strange paying for what is essentially a mod. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by some of the great mods around. I mean, look at something like Third Age Total War. I still can't believe KK made that mod for free.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Hi All,

I'm Refleax, one of the guys helping people get introduced to our community and the DLC, I will do my best in answering any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me on Steam if you want to have a chat about things.

Must say I'm quite excited. And yes, M&M will still be available, there's too many mirrors for them to shut it down even if they wanted to.

MM Russia will never be taken down, the mmdev team (now FSE) had to remove the download links on the forums and stop supporting the mod once they received confirmation that Taleworlds is going to support them.
    Without their support a lot of features wouldn’t have been possible to implement. Along the course of making the DLC both FSE and TW have also significantly improved the Warband engine itself, this will obviously be of benefit to the Taleworlds modding community.

More information regarding the engine changes will be released at a later date, below please find a link for mmrussia should you wish to download it.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/mount-and-...taller-old-mod

At least they could have added some more to keep it from being essentially MM Austria, like a campaign, but I see it as essentially Mount and Musket: The Deluge.

I’m a big fan of “The Deluge” mod. They have done a great job with this total conversion and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
    There has been a lot of comments lately regarding the DLC being similar to “The Deluge”. I’m currently taking part in the beta for the Napoleonic Wars DLC and I can assure you that they are not similar to each other. Just wait until we release a few more sneak peeks and other footage to showcase the DLC and you’ll see what I mean.

I’m a bit uncomfortable buying it as well, but I will because I heard it won’t be that expensive, like $10. Ten bucks for a solid 2-3 hours of linebattle every week is well worth it imo.

Having said that, it still feels a bit strange paying for what is essentially a mod. Perhaps I’ve just been spoiled by some of the great mods around. I mean, look at something like Third Age Total War. I still can’t believe KK made that mod for free.

The DLC should cost around $10 but this is all in the hands of Paradox.
    Each and every modder can request support from TW, and I’m pretty sure that more will follow if this DLC is a success!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast