Thread: Hearts of Iron 3 multiplayer game

Default Hearts of Iron 3 multiplayer game

If anybody is interested.

Schedule

- Saturdays 22GMT-24GMT. (Schedule up for discussion)

We will join up through internet connection. You will need to have some kind of contact info so we can reach you, be that steam, skype, or msn. A mic is an extra bonus, though you don't need one. However, in my experience talking to the people in your faction is a lot more fun.

We use the latest version of FTM.

We want players who are: Reliable, fair, and friendly.
    If you wan't to be a major, you need to have some experience (not necessarily an expert, but a good understanding of the game controls.) If your game crashes or freezes we will re-host for you, unless it is a problem that happens too frequently.

Game will be more historical. We will follow what happened in history until Danzig.

* The Second Sino-Japanese war conflict will be handled differently than other games. In order to simulate history and not this fake China gets annexed in a year, China is allowed to annex its warlords, and conclude its war in Xinjiang in 1937 against Soviet influence, in order to remove this unhistorical handicap. However, Nat China is not able to do any of this until two (or one) month(s) before the Second Sino-Japanese War. This will make the conquering of China (unrealistic) to be a lot harder for Japan, and make the historical outcome (stalemate - and Japanese expansion in the pacific) more likely. If Marco Polo event isn't there, Japan is allowed to DOW Nationalist China. (Which means as soon as Shanxi is annexed, Japan can DOW) if before July 7, 1937.

Game Rules
    (1) Start Date: 1936

(2) End Game: Victory is decided by Victory Conditions. However, when the game has ended, the factions that have lost have the right to demand the game to be continued. The continuation game is considered to be a new game and victory in that is decided by Victory Points by 31.12.1946 or if everyone agrees to end the game and there is an agreement that who has won the game.

(3) Surrender or Defeat: You can return to play as a minor which belongs to your previous faction

(4) The number of paratrooper divisions is not limited but the number of drops u can make is limited to 5 per month. These five drops can contain maximally 10 divisions. Circumventing this rule by giving paratroopers as expeditionary to your ally is not allowed.

(5) You are not allowed to kill retreating units by paradropping behind the line

(6) V1s and V2s are not allowed to be used - the only exception is to deliver a nuke.

(7) Disbanding units which are in a hopeless situation is NOT allowed

(8) Finished units must be deployed in 72 hours.

(9) Factions cannot give military acces to each others

(10) It is not allowed to attack from the territory of your ally if your ally is at peace with the target of your attack. The same applies of course to a country into which you have military acces.

(11) Looking at saves between or during game sessions is not allowed

(12) Changing victory conditions after the game start is not allowed

(13) Logistic bombing not allowed

(14) Using strategic movement to move on hostile territory is not allowed. The starting province, destination province and every province between must be nonhostile provinces (=your own province, ally's province or military acces province).

(15) Restriction to IC building

During the year you can deploy at most 0.1x your base IC.

(16) No Reserve units

(17) Restrictions to unit upgrading

The basic rule is that expensive special troops must be built directly and not by upgrading cheaper units. This means that nothing can be upgraded into following units:

mechanized
    paratrooper
    marine
    mountain
    heavy armour

Also, Cavalry cannot be upgraded into anything. It is also not allowed to upgrad unit into same type of unit, e.g. ARM--->ARM not possible. All other upgrades are possible.

(19) If a division has at least three brigades , it must have at least two front line brigades. So e.g. INF+ART+ART+ART divisions are not allowed but INF+ART is allowed.

(20) You are allowed to build forts max up to level 5

(21) Germany cannot intervene in the Sino-Japanese War before Germany is at war against a major

(22) Increasing threat is not allowed on a major or minor, with the exception of the Nationalists raising threat of the Chinese Communists in order to continue the Chinese civil war.

(23) Events the player gets as pop up windows must be resolved within two days. (E.g. it is not allowed to continue fighting after you have gotten the surrender event by just refusing to click the event.)

(25) If something is not forbidden by these rules, it doesnt mean that it is allowed. All kinds of game engine exploits are forbidden. If you are unsure whether something is an exploit you have to present your problem in public chat so that it can be discussed and possibly decided by majority decision. When a problematic situation is decided by voting the voters are recommended to think the problem without opportunism i.e. without thinking what is the most benificial solution to their current faction.

If someone breaks the rules they will be punished.

Default Re: Hearts of Iron 3 multiplayer game

Majors (so far)
    Nationalist China: Chukada
    UK: Aeriic

Minors (so far)
    Guangxi Clique: Chuck

All nations are open.

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

May i take Sweden?
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Sweden is not really that playable though, you will be bored for most of the game.

Hmm, I'm thinking of trying out MP but I'm somewhat of a noob...

Am I too late? I'm very keen to join a HOI III game

Yea, me too.

Hello all, i am very interesting in joing ur MP game if that offer is still ON. Just had mine current MP crew disbanded cuz of holidays etc. Em i late?
    I have mic, i use skype, TS3, mamble, ventrilo. I am ok with the rules , have experience, wana play Italy of majors if availoble. If not of minors i would go for Romania or Brazil or Australia. tnx
    Keep up the good work, i would be maybe able to provide some more players. hope u will replay soon.

Guangxi clique? Isnīt that a bit too masochist?

Chukada i donnt wana spoil ur game or anything but wona suggest that if u ware unable to get enough ppl for ur game i maybe can help u out. I am in one HOI 3 group and we have about 10 ppl (not all are free for next seassion cuz of holidays) and we plan to start new game 1936 historic until Danzig. U are all more then welcome to join us.
    And for u Chukada i want to offer u to be co-organiser, secondary host etc if u wish and have got free time. We are in process of adding rules and preparing them for vote wich will happen on next of our meetings and then will be countries be chosen by trowing dice (player who wins choose first and so on). Yesterday we opened a forum, who ever want's to join us
    on http://egc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/fo...earts-of-iron/

Mine only wish is that we are all happy to have some group where we can enjoy playing game that we all love with other ppl and have fun. The more the better

btw, game time was so far 10PM (GMT) avery wednesday. But it will be discussed.