Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCM2 Hoseat Sub Mod Released!

Default Re: CCM2 Hoseat Sub Mod Released!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-yop View Post
    you can make a mercenary pool specific for every faction using events, i.e when a faction buy all mercenary in one region it doesnt touch the mercenaries for other factions.
    Thanks, I had been looking at using the optional events but the description in descr_mercenaries.txt states:

"unit only available after all specified events have occurred, event is a string corresponding to descr_events.txt"

Does it also work with event counters created through the script? If it does then I will do as you also suggested, but I might cut the number of mercenaries back a bit, otherwise that file will get quite large.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    Does it also work with event counters created through the script? If it does then I will do as you also suggested, but I might cut the number of mercenaries back a bit, otherwise that file will get quite large.
    I tested it before posting and the way I posted it works.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-yop View Post
    I tested it before posting and the way I posted it works.
    Great! Thanks!

I would give you some more rep if I could.

As I said, if I use this I might cut down the number of mercs in each region. There are a some different options:

• Create a single huge pool that contains all regions. Then I can have all merc units within the one pool. Each faction will then have their own pool they can access anywhere in the world. Might be an interesting game mechanic and will make it very easy to modify.
    • Leave the number of pools and regions as they are, and cut back the number of merc types. Obviously all the crusade and jihad units and perhaps some of the religion specific units. Will require more work and harder to maintain.
    • A mixture of the two. Perhaps just a small number of pools containing a large number of regions. e.g. americas, western europe, eastern europe, iberia, africa, middle east, italy, greece, steppes. Or if possible, a single huge pool of all units for basic merc types, then additional pools for specific areas for special mercs.

- Remove crusades, jihads and college of cardinals

you can remove all crusading and jihad troops.

I think there should be atleast a pool for every culture ( northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, mesoamerican ). Recruiting a sudanese tribesmen in russia dont looks well.

maybe you can add some little pools for strategic purposes.
    Last edited by wolf-yop; April 12, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Really great mod, thank god you balance the Cav units size. they are so small in vanilla and in other mods. they aren't that OP. All heav horseman die so fast and its so unrealistic. thx u. best mod ever (Best mod with no lag, best for weak pc players like me)

i have a question, can i put this in my CCM2 for my single player campaign? Can i do that? if no why not add all these awesome features to there?

can you tell me how can i add this feature:
    - *Most cavalry unit sizes increased by 33% (Vanilla sizes)
    - *Most cavalry given a secondary hit point for improved autoresolve

into my CCM2 single player plz!!!?

You can install CCM2HS and the changes should work for single player too. You will get some event message options at the start of the game and you might not like all the changes for single player games.

It installs into a new mod folder (CCM2HS) so it does not affect your original CCM2 installation. It also has new shortcuts and start menu items (CCM2 Hotseat Sub Mod).

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Does this work with a vanilla game? or only with Custom Campaign/Retrofit?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is a hotseat submod for CCM2 only. You need to have CCM2 installed, and this submod will actually create another mod folder, so it doesn't affect the original CCM2.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does anyone have the CCM2HS submod installer?? It was attached to the OP but it was deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12