Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCM2 Hoseat Sub Mod Released!

Default CCM2 Hoseat Sub Mod Released!

The latest version Hotseat Sub Mod has been released (v1.0).

NOTE: ONLY APPLY THIS SUB MOD IF YOU ARE AN ONLINE HOTSEAT PLAYER. IT MIGHT NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SINGLE PLAYER OR LOCAL HOTSEAT GAMES.

The Hotseat Sub Mod contains the following changes:

- Sub mod installs to its own mod folder (CCM2HS)
    - Convert papal states to standard faction
    - Remove crusades, jihads and college of cardinals
    - Increase fort cost to 5000
    - Forts are permanent wooden forts
    - Forts have 1 free upkeep unit
    - Disable bribing
    - AI doesn't like to be gifted regions
    - Assassins can only target agents
    - Add agent limits to assassins
    - Add agent limits to spies
    - Spies, assassins and merchant min success chances reduced to 0%
    - Re-order factions (weakest first)
    - Aztecs can recruit cogs
    - Aztecs can recruit catapults
    - Double religious unrest
    - Disable floods
    - Swap papal states and aztecs (tyronia)
    - Rebalanced Alternative Grand Campaign
    - Increased cost of Almughavars
    - *Most cavalry unit sizes increased by 33% (Vanilla sizes)
    - *Most cavalry given a secondary hit point for improved autoresolve
    - *Autoresolve separation_missile_add increased to 2

*These changes were added as a simple generic fix to improve autoresolve for cavalry and missile units. Please take note if autoresolve seems better with regards to cavalry and missile units and feel free to suggest changes.

Hotseat Options (yes/no historical event):

- Disable destroying buildings
    - Disable ballista
    - Disable sabotage buildings
    - Generate heroic victory messages
    - Generate heroic naval victory messages
    - Generate destroyed port messages
    - Generate assassinate abroad messages

Possible changes for future releases:

- Add additional Cavalry secondary hit points
    - Unit rebalancing
    - Time limit hotseat messages (generate event messages if players exceed a fixed time limit)
    - Tune spy, assassin and merchant success chances
    - Re-order factions from weakest to strongest (for HS Launcher)
    - Add merchant stacking warning messages
    - Add army defeated warning messages
    - Rebalance Venice settlement (allow multiple attack positions)
    - Allow installation even if original CCM2 not found.
    - Increase watchtower cost
    - Hotseat message if players gift more than 1 region per turn
    - Option to allow players to only fight AI battles
    - Assassins cannot target princesses
    - Decrease fort cost to 4000
    - Change forts to stone
    - Rebalance starting positions of Spain/Portugal (e.g. swap some settlement ownerships)

Installation Instructions:

- Download, unzip and run the installer exe
    - The installer will install all required files to a new CCM2HS sub mod folder
    - THIS SUB MOD IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE

Please make any comments, good or bad, about this sub mod here. I welcome all feedback and am interested in ideas for improvements.

CCM2HS Sub mods:

wolf-yop has made an additional sub mod for CCM2HS. It adds the requirement of a special Embassy building in each settlement to recruit professional troops. Check it our here.
    Last edited by Unspoken Knight; April 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Default Re: CCM2 Hoseat Sub Mod Released!

CTD at startup
    00:49:28.697 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:49:28.697 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    00:49:28.701 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:49:28.701 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:49:28.703 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:49:28.704 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:49:28.704 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:49:28.705 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:49:31.045 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/CCM2HS/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 117, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Armoured_Horse'.
    00:49:31.045 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/CCM2HS/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 147, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Barded_Horse'.
    00:49:31.045 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/CCM2HS/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 162, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_French_Barded_Horse'.
    00:49:31.045 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/CCM2HS/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 242, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_AdV_French_Heavy_Horse'.
    00:49:31.461 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/CCM2HS/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 15315, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Spanish_Dragoon'.

00:49:31.461 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/CCM2HS/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Very Odd,

The mount errors can be ignored, the spanish dragoon soldier model cannot. I don't know why it cannot be found. My copy seems to have the spanish dragoon in the model db and works fine. CCM2HS doesn't change the model db either so I can only assume it is a problem with your version of CCM2.

- Have you modified CCM2?
    - Have you installed any sub mods to CCM2?

CCM2HS will copy all existing CCM2 files to a new CCM2HS directory, then replace some files with the new CCM2HS files. One file is the EDU. If your copy of CCM2 has any additional model db and EDU changes, then CCM2HS will only replace the EDU and it might not work.

Can you please check the size and date of the battle_models.modeldb file in mods\CCM2HS\data\unit_models? The correct one should be 1,133,263 bytes and date modified Saturday, ‎March ‎08, ‎2008, ‏‎9:06:58 PM.

If anyone else has installed CCM2HS, can you please post here if you have had this issue?

I have a suggestion, how about have some AOR limitation so you cant just expand like crazy and have no penalties(you cna say religion, but against the same religion it doesnt work).

Instead of religion requeriments or province resources how about a specific building per faction/culture?.

The building will be the Embassy, something like a faction conversion that enables training of your native troops in that region, other troops like mercenaries(the one you put in taverns) and machines can be recruited without embassy so you have a reason to build taverns with mercenaries along with the regular troops.

The price and time to build one will need to be balanced.

This will make(IMO) less desirable the destruction of regular buildings since the enemy know that you will not be able to use the infrastructure soon and when you have it they can just sabotaje it or reconquer making this a key building.

It will be preferable one per faction, that way when you conquer a settlement the Embassy its automatically destroyed and you need to build you own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    Very Odd,
    CCM2HS will copy all existing CCM2 files to a new CCM2HS directory, then replace some files with the new CCM2HS files. One file is the EDU. If your copy of CCM2 has any additional model db and EDU changes, then CCM2HS will only replace the EDU and it might not work.
    I think this is the problem, I might have changed something and dont remember it.

edit: it was that, reinstalled everything and now works.
    Last edited by wolf-yop; March 31, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

First hotseat with this submod ongoing!

20 human players in the struggle for the Alternative Grand Campaign Map throne!

http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/t638-sorteo-de-facciones

Thank you Unspoken Knight!!
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Another idea for future releases: how to balance mercenary recruitmen. Factions that move the last never have a chance to recruit the most interesting mercenaries in the area.
    Last edited by [Celtíbero]Mencey; April 01, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

@wolf-yop:

Wow! A very interesting idea! It sounds like a fair bit of work perhaps better suited to a new mod. Not sure if I would be up for adding this into a updated version of CCM2HS.

@[Celtíbero]Mencey:

How would you suggest to balance mercenary recruitment? The easiest change is either to make them virtually unlimited or remove them entirely. Making them unlimited is probably a bad idea since a rich country can drop a general into a region and crush it.

Another idea might be to move merc pools to the standard recruitment tree. Players can them recuit mercs from any settlment, but cannot recruit them in enemy regions.

Probably removing mercenaries from CCM2HS is the best idea?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i guess removing mercenaries is simplest, and probably best method to balance this.

also i don't know yet what exactly you've modified in AR, but i would suggest to make cavalry like they are supposed to be, more effective in AR, increase their number of men per unit (i think you already did this, right?) and more expensive to recruit and upkeep. but not too strong and expensive, more effective against infantry but not much against spearmen??

and i suggest to increase movement points of navies, maybe double them, or at least make it 150%

@wolf-yop:

Wow! A very interesting idea! It sounds like a fair bit of work perhaps better suited to a new mod. Not sure if I would be up for adding this into a updated version of CCM2HS.
    I can try to do it when I have some time to see if its efective. The only bad thing I can see its the building limit.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-yop View Post
    I can try to do it when I have some time to see if its efective. The only bad thing I can see its the building limit.
    Cool. It sounds like a good idea and might help balance faction expansion.

Does anyone else have any feedback on this?

@vipman:

I have increased cavalry unit sizes (back to vanilla sizes) and given them an additional secondary hit point. Depending on feedback, I might increase cav unit sizes more and/or add another secondary hit point. If they get balanced correctly, there might be no need to adjust costs and upkeep.

I mentioned increasing naval movement range somewhere else but haven't had much feedback. If this is something a few players want I will add it in a future release.
    Last edited by Unspoken Knight; April 06, 2012 at 09:18 AM.

About cavalry, the changes should be enough
    a curiosity, i don't know how horse archers perform in AR, but i guess very poor, and if so did you do something to them? they should be effective maby in land battles but not in siege battles?
    Middle eastern factions have lots of HA and they shouldn't be useless

And about the AOR, i'm not sure i'd want something like that i don't think it would be good in hotseats, it might make a faction go to war with another just because it has regions where he can train his troops, and so limiting the liberty of players...
    but i don't think i understanded exactly the suggestion, so just ignore me

If you didn't increase the mov. points since vanilla, i think you should increase them by 50% at least. but not ridiculously huge like in other mods neither.

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    And about the AOR, i'm not sure i'd want something like that i don't think it would be good in hotseats, it might make a faction go to war with another just because it has regions where he can train his troops, and so limiting the liberty of players...
    but i don't think i understanded exactly the suggestion, so just ignore me
    maybe its not correct to say its a AOR.

Its just a building (the embassy) that you need to have in every settlement if you want to train your main troops. When a faction conquers the settlement the embassy is automatic destroyed and then the conqueror have to build it again and wait for replenish to start training his main troops.

Its for limiting the conquest so you cant conquer a lot of regions and have no negative effect ( in this case will be a lof of regions whitout a proper recruitment to defend).
    Last edited by wolf-yop; April 06, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

ah now i understand, this could be better.

so to create a building that will allow you to train your main troops in barracks/stables etc, right? or to train them directly at that building? i think it would be better first one to not make barracks/stable obsolete after you take a city.

is it possible to add a building as requirement to train those units? like in edb at barracks
    recruit_pool "x" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { x } and building y
    the system would be very simple this way, as spear militias wouldn't have it, but advanced units yes.

i don't think it's possible, but i'm just asking...

how about naming the building like an act? i mean "Military Reforms" or something, that will introduce reforms and let you train your special units.
    or no actually, it should be a faction specific military training or it could be regional, like western european, italian, iberian, eastern Eu, roman (byz) and middle eastern??
    many possibilities, but how to make them in-game?

no matter if faction or regional specific, how will the "building"/act be?
    it will take many turns to built? it wouldn't be fair.
    to be expensive? maybe.

it would be best if the building/act would become available after controling the settlement for a number of turns (5-10 turns) and the act to take 1 turn to implement, but to be expensive, and to allowed to build at city/fortress level.

and is it possible to make it destroyable like churches of different religion?

what do you think??

i have to say though i got these ideas from Chivalry 2 Sicilian Vespers where there are Trade rights and Stronghold rights buildings (but used for something else than what i'm saying)... and also a feudal building that allows to train AOR troops (but not quite in link with my ideas )
    Last edited by Vipman; April 06, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

This is how it works
    you cant train the unit whitout the embassy and its list as a requeriment.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the unit can be trained when you have the embassy but it needs to replenish.

When other faction conquers the settlement the embassy its destroyed and the unit cant be trained, then the conqueror have to build the embassy for him.

all factions can build the embassy, since its auto destroyed it doesnt matter if you destroy it. Afer the embassy is builded you still have to wait for replenish so I think its a good number of turns. Remember its just a way to make conquers more difficult not to enable alternative troops.
    Last edited by wolf-yop; April 06, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

i just reminded that it is possible to put a building as requirement
    so this makes everything simple. 1 building for all factions that automatically destroys when it is conquered. genius, great idea

one thing i'd like to know is if it's possible that the building to become available after controlling a city for 5-10 turns, and then the embassy to take 1 turn to construct and maybe 2500 florins??

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post

one thing i'd like to know is if it's possible that the building to become available after controlling a city for 5-10 turns
    I dont see a way to do that, but you can give the cost and the building time you want to the embassy in the export_descr_building.txt.

@[Celtíbero]Mencey:

How would you suggest to balance mercenary recruitment?
    Is it possible to replenish the mercenary pool for a certain territory between faction turns? I mean something like:

TURN 12: 1 unit of merc crossbowmen available at Zagreb
    MILAN moves and recruit them and clicks end turn.
    Game checks pool is empty so it replenish it again to 1 unit.
    VENICE moves and does not recruit them and clicks end turn.
    Game checks it is full so it does not nothing.
    HRE player plays and find crossbowmen available so he can recruit them too.

Quote Originally Posted by [Celtíbero]Mencey View Post
    Is it possible to replenish the mercenary pool for a certain territory between faction turns?
    Sorry, I couldn't find any script commands to replenish or modify mercenary pools. Please let me know if I have missed something or if there are some other options.

you can make a mercenary pool specific for every faction using events, i.e when a faction buy all mercenary in one region it doesnt touch the mercenaries for other factions.

to do it:
    campaign_script.txt
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType england
    set_event_counter england_on 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType england
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType england
    set_event_counter england_on 0
    end_monitor
    then in descr_mercenaries.txt
    unit Welsh Spearmen Mercs exp 0 cost 470 replenish 0.06 - 0.18 max 3 initial 2 end_year 1450 events { england_on }
    do it for every faction and mercenaries and they will be a separate pool for every faction.

edit:

hmmm replenish only happens in the end of the turn (end of slave turn) so if the mercenary is off when that happens the replenish dont work, a workaround.

campaign_script.txt i.e a campaign with only scotland and england.
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave
    set_event_counter scotland_on 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType slave
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType england
    set_event_counter scotland_on 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType england
    set_event_counter scotland_on 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType scotland
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType scotland
    end_monitor
    Last edited by wolf-yop; April 09, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast