Thread: The Army of Workers and Peasants

Default The Army of Workers and Peasants

I'm playing my first game of SS 6.4 at VH/VH as Sicily and am wondering how much longer I will have to wait before I can build something better than the Army of Workers and Peasants? It takes forever to build even the simplest buildings and even when they are built I still don't seem to be able to build much more than peastants and militia. I had a lot of fun doing things like declaring a crusade on Vilnius on about turn 2 and having no war declared on me yet except Lithuania but appart from the graphics and different battle characteristics I haven't seen much to rave about yet. Maybe I should just write my own Little Red Book and get my heretics to spread that around a bit, then we shall see what we can do, but it's getting more and more difficult to achieve anything with just workers and peasants plus a few light cavalry. I see money going out for foraging and read about BGHV but I don't see any option for scutage or knighting or war councils.

Default Re: The Army of Workers and Peasants

I think you get better units when the 13th century begins.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Presumably you mean bgrIV and not BGRV ? In either case have you read the manual? Make sure you didn't select early campaign for v because it is late only.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by sapguy View Post
    I think you get better units when the 13th century begins.
    BGR mods don't work anything like that, it's based on unit pool availability, religious prescence and production
    the 13th century 'update' is for every faction, but it just introduces new types of units and abolishes old, useless ones
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Presumably you mean bgrIV and not BGRV ? In either case have you read the manual? Make sure you didn't select early campaign for v because it is late only.
    oh, dear, yes I did select the early campaign, should I give up and start again or is it still playable? Yes I did RTF (BGrIV) M but it seemed like half of what I was reading about was missing. I haven't read the SS manual though, is there one?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Give up and start again if you are using BGRV - I'm still not clear from your post what you are using.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

When i try to start a new game, it only gives me the Early Period option. Do I have to re-install everything to change to the later period and use BGRV?

Domesticus

I think turning off BGR would fix your problem. Youre gonna have to deal with the weaker units, but you should have access to knights and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    When i try to start a new game, it only gives me the Early Period option. Do I have to re-install everything to change to the later period and use BGRV?
    Just go to the SS options, they're in the same mod folder as the exe file to run it. You can set up your game there, things like sub-mods, eras and whatnot.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    Run SS_Setup.