Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medieval 2: Total war encoutered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Default Re: Medieval 2: Total war encoutered an unspecified error and will now exit.

did it.still the same thing.when i go tutorial and in the first battle this message apears and medieval shuts down..any other ideas?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Medieval 2: Total war encoutered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Do a clean reinstall without Daemon installed.

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

I installed MedII and played without any problems. But after I installed Kingdoms and updated it to ver 1.05 I cant play MedII anymore. I still can play Kingdoms Campaign though. Currently I have no mods installed. Any ideas????

Logged in as Administrator?
    Disable the UAC assuming Vista, Win 7/8?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636 assuming Vista, Win 7/8?

all done. I have just installed the 3rd age mod and it worked like a charm. But I still cant play Med II. I have never encounter this problem in previous install attemps

If it's the dvd version, in the target's shortcut, change launcher.exe to medieval2.exe.

I delete the old shortcut and create a new shortcut but still met the same problem. Thanks a lot for your help anyway

Don't delete it.

Right-click the icon,
    Click Properties,
    In the Target box, scroll to the end of it,
    And replace launcher.exe with medieval2.exe.

I did this when the 1.2 patch was released and ran into the launcher pos.

thanks for your efforts, irishron. I had deleted the old shortcut before you gave the advice about changing launcher.exe to medieval2.exe so I have to re-install Med II (not Kingdoms, just Med II) and now it works again, even Kingdoms and the 3rd age mod .

Good to hear. Enjoy playing.

Default same message comes up in encounter an error and will now exit

same issue here is my dxdiag maybe you can help me. Also this is a steam game I have already re-install just finished updating my video card also re-installed steam before re installing I have run cleaner, I have run the game on my friends laptop and runs perfect so problem is not with steam...I also have Napoleon total war installed and runs perfect. have tried the solution of renaming the launcher and the exe no luck there. so maybe you can help me with new ideas. actually I've been lucking for A solution for a year now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Changing the shortcut in the Steam version does not work.

Medieval2, Kingdoms or both?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Changing the shortcut in the Steam version does not work.

Medieval2, Kingdoms or both?
    I bought the 2 games on steam...Originally I installed Medieval 2 then tried to open the game no luck it crashed then I installed Kingdoms but same problem it crashed again...then tried to install medieval 2 didn't open it and install after Kingdoms and nothing I even did a Ccleaner and a steam re-install between the to attempts and no luck. this was one year ago and since I have re-install my windows 7 2 times and no luck...I have verify integrity of the game cache and nothing...did you saw something significant in the dxdiag? or any idea...at this moment I'm only trying it wit Medieval 2 and is giving same msg not eve trying to install the expansion if the original is not working... so yes I have both but I only have medieval 2 install at this moment...did it from steam...but first time I installed it from the DVD...did the same installation on my friends laptop and it runs tried uninstalling and re-installing from steam and also works. so problem is on my system.

and to clarify my friend and I each bought the game I bought the game with dvd and he from steam the same day...on his laptop both procedures work installing with dvd or from steam...on my PC non of them work have tried to install game using his steam profile and no luck and also from my dvd and nothing simply it crashes after pressing play on the launcher. and like I told you I have tried the renaming of the exe and launcher and no luck, tried same method on my friends laptop and it works after being rename.

Post your dxdiag.

As far as Steam, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2864-Steam-FAQ?

here is my dxdiag as requested...hope you can help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which one are we going to do this in? I'm not answering both.

We are doing an installation of medieval 2 from steam on my PC using my steam account...and see if it works

I am now starting with the motherboard driver check to see if its up to date.

ok so is for the steam version on my pc...I started with motherboard drives...is up to date and my nvidea is also up to date.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast