Thread: Newb question on mods

Default Newb question on mods

Had issues launching the BC mod, after trying several things I deleted the cfg and was able to launch from the bc shortcut.

I dont have the new factions and the map is the same old europe map, is this correct i.e. do i have to win a short campaign the open up the modded content or as I now suspect, has my 'fix' done nothing and the mod is still not active.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance to get my bc experience up and running!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Newb question on mods

You are not supposed to delete files at random just because you have problem with launching the mod.

Cfg is very important file, without it you won't be able to play BC. Put it back, and then report the launching problem.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Thanks for the response. I tried deleting the cfg based on a fix for vista users that I read on this forum where users experience an error message immediately after trying to launch broken crescent - 'Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.'

Any assistance would be gratefully received

I'd just try re-installing. (The game and the mod both, to be safe.)

I've sometimes had mods go unstable on me for no reason I could fathom. And on other installs they work like a charm.

Do other mods work for you?
    Last edited by Iguanaonastick; March 29, 2012 at 07:33 PM.