Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.2 and BSM v1.2 for Darthmod 4.1 (update 29.05.12 - Watersplash fixes)

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai

My new graphics card will finally be arriving on monday, cant wait to try it out.

Buut, i don't really want to play vanilla. Will your mod be compatible with Darthmod anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    Quick question: How much of a performace hit does this cause?
    I imagine if you ever had any performance issues without the mod, it will be quite impossible to run at max settings with the mod.

I did notice quite a few horrible FPS drops with lots of crap on screen.

Ordinarius

Hi,

Today i release version 1.1 of my mod.
    Improvements:

• better, long lasting smoke from shell explosions
    • better musket smoke and little less smoke for rifles
    • fixed a bug for cannon smoke

You'll find the update on my frontpage in attachments. Just overwrite the old file in your data directory.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    My new graphics card will finally be arriving on monday, cant wait to try it out.

Buut, i don't really want to play vanilla. Will your mod be compatible with Darthmod anytime soon?
    Yes. I'll ask Darth for permission to edit his modified tables soon to release a compatible version.

Default Re: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.1 (update 13.05.12))

Hi,
    I love this mod very much.
    However, I find the new fire arrow effect a bit to subtle. I can't even see the fire arrow signal for naval bombardment.
    Is it possible for you to make a version with the original fire arrow effect?
    Thanks.

sir can u make the blood hit by bullet as the original one? I can see no blood gush now.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Hows the progress for the darthmod compatible version =).
    Last edited by mattebubben; May 18, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Wind View Post
    Hi,
    I love this mod very much.
    However, I find the new fire arrow effect a bit to subtle. I can't even see the fire arrow signal for naval bombardment.
    Is it possible for you to make a version with the original fire arrow effect?
    Thanks.
    I can make an update soon with overworked arrow flaming effects.

Quote Originally Posted by heyicheng View Post
    sir can u make the blood hit by bullet as the original one? I can see no blood gush now.
    Sorry to say, but i don't plan to edit the blood even more. The blood effects are a part of BSM and i don't like too much blood because it looks ludicrous to see tons of blood squirting out of a men. I have already made the blood more visible from far distances.

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    Hows the progress for the darthmod compatible version =).
    When i get the answer from darth i'll start working on BSM for Darthmod.

Edit: Ok, i got the answer from Darth in no time. I going to work on Darthmod compatible version now.

Best regards
    Mech_Donald
    Last edited by Mech_Donald; May 21, 2012 at 05:49 AM.

Ordinarius

Hi!

Today i uploaded the BSM for Darthmod 4.00++. This version is just the basic mod of DARTH VADER's darthmod with already activated and compatible BSM v1.1. So you need just to copy and overwrite the files from the archive to the data directory. You'll find the mod in the attachments on my frontpage.

My mod changes the european cannons from shogun 2. This unit had an explosion effect in darthmod version. I deleted this explosion effect because the cannonball bounces 4-5 times before it disappears. Every time it bounces the cannonball explodes. This looks really unrealistic. So i decided to deleted the explosion effect and restore the original ground hit effect with only dust and earth-chunks. The result are some less losses to the enemy unit.

I asked DARTH VADER for permission to upload this slightly adjusted version of his mod, but recieved no message yet. If DARTH VADER tell me to delete this, i will do it.

Best regards and have fun!
    Mech_Donald

Ordinarius

Default Re: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.1 (update 13.05.12) and BSM for Darthmod 4.1

Hey!

I reuploaded BSM for Darthmod because of the wish of DARTH VADER. Changes are:

- BSM as addon to Darthmod. You don't need to overwrite something but you need to have darthmod already installed. Just copy BSM for Darthmod into your data folder and you are good to go!
    - Compatibility to current Darthmod v. 4.1++

Have fun!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.1 (update 13.05.12) and BSM for Darthmod 4.1

Great! +rep

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

For some reason this seems to have stopped working for me after the latest patch...no idea why but i no longer get smoke effects from artillery fire or from muzzle blasts on arty etc

Ordinarius

Hi!

I have updated my BSM from version 1.1 to version 1.2
    changes are:

- Rocket-trails are now longer and the fire smaller to be more realistic.
    (Thanks to Satyrus for this tip! It may take a little bit more performance)
    - Rocket-explosions are now smaller to look more realistic
    - Firearrows are more visible now
    - Explosions of parrot and armstrong cannons are different now. Parrot explosions are smaller than armstrongs.
    - The ground firespread of Shogun 2 catapults is greater now and the smoke has been improved.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Great! +rep
    Hey, Thank you very much for your rep!! Enjoy my mod and now version 1.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas2020 View Post
    For some reason this seems to have stopped working for me after the latest patch...no idea why but i no longer get smoke effects from artillery fire or from muzzle blasts on arty etc
    Hmm, don't find any error with the new patch. The latest official patch by CA does not change anything important for my mod. So my mod works flawlessly with the current game status. Maybe you use other mods wich are not compatible with BSM?

best regards
    Mech_Donald

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.2 and BSM v1.2 for Darthmod 4.1 (update 27.05.12)

Great, I'm the third downloader of the normal version and the first for the DSII version!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post

Hmm, don't find any error with the new patch. The latest official patch by CA does not change anything important for my mod. So my mod works flawlessly with the current game status. Maybe you use other mods wich are not compatible with BSM?

best regards
    Mech_Donald
    I haven't installed any new mods since BSM so im not sure what would have changed i'll get back to you on this.

Ordinarius

Default Re: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.2 and BSM v1.2 for Darthmod 4.1 (update 27.05.12)

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Great, I'm the third downloader of the normal version and the first for the DSII version!
    Hope you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas2020 View Post
    I haven't installed any new mods since BSM so im not sure what would have changed i'll get back to you on this.
    Strange. There should be no problems even with the new patches. No one else has reported such problems. Maybe something is broken on your game itself? What happend without BSM?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Here is two cool picture for you
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; November 12, 2012 at 05:31 AM.

Ordinarius

Hey Noif!

These screens are really impressive! Thank you! These are explosions from naval support, right?

The user wind has noticed a bug in BSM with Shogun 2 vanilla. The oar watersplashes are just too big. So i'm going to fix this. A new BSM will uploaded today wich fixes this problem. Sorry for that.

Best regards
    Mech_Donald

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Hey Noif!

These screens are really impressive! Thank you! These are explosions from naval support, right?

The user wind has noticed a bug in BSM with Shogun 2 vanilla. The oar watersplashes are just too big. So i'm going to fix this. A new BSM will uploaded today wich fixes this problem. Sorry for that.

Best regards
    Mech_Donald
    Hahah.... That is ok, because I 'am big explosive/smoke fan. Yeah Naval support in battlefield.

Ordinarius

Hi!
    I uploaded version 1.2 again because of a small bug with oar watersplash effects in Shogun 2 (Thanks to wind for telling me). Furthermore i fixed the color appearence of sea foam in fron of ships to white. No more brownish watersplash in front of ships.
    I don't renamed it to a new version because i added no new effects. So if you are annoyed of brownish and too big watersplashes, just redownload my mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    Hahah.... That is ok, because I 'am big explosive/smoke fan. Yeah Naval support in battlefield.
    Yeah, i'm too. The most games has always awful looking explosion and smoke effects. I don't know why developers doesn't care about this aspect of games. Explosions are much too fast disappeared with no smoke. Therefore, i am happy to be able to edit this for my liking.

Best regards
    Mech_Donald

Ordinarius

Hi,

Here are some of the promised screens from Shogun 2 with BSM. Have fun!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-35-40-54.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	224465 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-38-53-43.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	224466 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-40-17-49.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	224467 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-44-33-74.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	224468
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-46-03-18.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	224469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-47-28-71.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	337.7 KB 
ID:	224470 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-51-56-53.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	224471