Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.2 and BSM v1.2 for Darthmod 4.1 (update 29.05.12 - Watersplash fixes)

Ordinarius

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Shogun 2

Hi,

My mod developement is nearly finished. Sorry, but i have only 2-3 h per day to work on it and i hope to release this nex week.
    But first, i have to improve my effects a little bit. But i'm not here without a new preview video. It's about ship explosion effects. In addition there will be a dazzling effect added to enhance the explosion effect some more. I hope you'll like it.

best regards
    Mech_Donald

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Hopefully will get soon to test to my NoBWM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Now explosions seems real explosions!

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

So,does the BSM for Vanilla Shogun 2 still work with the latest patch? I mean patch 19.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    Hopefully will get soon to test to my NoBWM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Now explosions seems real explosions!

V.E.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    So,does the BSM for Vanilla Shogun 2 still work with the latest patch? I mean patch 19.

I fear, the game won't start anymore with my mod. With the latest patch (19) my game doesn't start anymore. I don't know why. I tried to reload all files from steam, but no luck. I'm going to find out what's the cause behind this mess.

best regards
    Mech_Donald

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Thank you!

I fear, the game won't start anymore with my mod. With the latest patch (19) my game doesn't start anymore. I don't know why. I tried to reload all files from steam, but no luck. I'm going to find out what's the cause behind this mess.

best regards
    Mech_Donald
    hey... I had same problem too, but i solved it. Do this: Remove preference.script and clean "user.script" and it should working.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    hey... I had same problem too, but i solved it. Do this: Remove preference.script and clean "user.script" and it should working.
    Yeah, Thanks a lot! That does the trick! The game runs fine again.

The mod will go into beta testing the coming week. Hopefully there will be no bugs.

So, Mech, does your mod (the one alrady released in first page for Vanilla) work for patch 19 or not?

Ive been playing FOTS for awhile and want to get back to Vanilla. But, I want to try your mod also.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    So, Mech, does your mod (the one alrady released in first page for Vanilla) work for patch 19 or not?

Ive been playing FOTS for awhile and want to get back to Vanilla. But, I want to try your mod also.
    I haven't updated it since i work on my new mod. But if you use Shogun 2 only, there should be no problems. AFAIK the upcoming BSM for FOTS will also work with Shogun 2 standalone. All modded files are also in the current patches by CA and are used by Shogun 2 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    I haven't updated it since i work on my new mod. But if you use Shogun 2 only, there should be no problems. AFAIK the upcoming BSM for FOTS will also work with Shogun 2 standalone. All modded files are also in the current patches by CA and are used by Shogun 2 already.
    Ok. I will wait for your upcoming BSM then! Such an awesome will surely grab the attention of many!

Ordinarius

Hi!

My mod seems to be ready now! Satyrus will betatest it for me. Hope, he will be here soon.

regards
    Mech_Donald

What sort of impact does your mod have on game performance? Do you have some sort of system requirements to be able to effectively run them?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    What sort of impact does your mod have on game performance? Do you have some sort of system requirements to be able to effectively run them?
    My mod uses much more particles than vanilla. But i had an eye for performance. So i used not as much particles as in empire or napoleon. The game engine runs faster in my opinion. But indeed. The game needs more performance with my mod. Especially when hundrets of units fire their muskets. But it'll run faster than napoleon. So if you could play BSM with napoleon you can also play FOTS with BSM.

I don't know what rig satyrus uses. Maybe his computer is a good comparison to mine - reffering the performance. I can play it really smooth. No matter how much units are on the battlefield. I think, the most important hardware is the graphics card for drawing the huge ammount of particles.

best regards
    Mech_Donald

I never played Napoleon =o

Well once but yeah.. I kinda got it when I bought Shogun, thought it was meh and moved on =p

I installed it and will see if it works =)

Ordinarius

Yes. Just try it out! You can't loose anything.

Here are two screens showing the enhanced smoke and fire effects on ships.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah I've seen the videos. It looks quite good but I'm kind of wondering if my PC can run it. It runs Shogun 2 on max settings but those effects do look a lot better than original/stock game ones.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    Yeah I've seen the videos. It looks quite good but I'm kind of wondering if my PC can run it. It runs Shogun 2 on max settings but those effects do look a lot better than original/stock game ones.
    Therefore I've made them.

But if you own Shogun 2 already. Just try out my current mod. Place 3-4 musket units against other musket units and watch your performance. Although the musket effect is a little improved in the new version, but it should give you a good imagination.

Thus far, it refuses to work. Settings are at max and I am not getting any effects at all =p

Actually, it is kind of half working. Artillery units don't have a smoke/fire effect when shooting, the explosions from shells hitting the ground are the same as before but musket fire has definitely changed.