Thread: Any strategy for VH other than looting?

Default Any strategy for VH other than looting?

So I'm on choshu VH and on the one hand holding sou and home prov and the gold province above.

On the other hand I got an army in Kyushu sacking cities nonstop.

Did a lap and a half before stopping. Didn't have to declare war cause they already did

Anybody got a different strategy? A couple of times there were some dangerous situations, that and it's just mean

Default Re: Any strategy for VH other than looting?

I never saw the appeal in Looting. Okay, sure you get a lot of money upfront (maybe) but you lose honor... and you murderer the town's wealth too.

Looting should be a for desperate situation only because of honor and cost of repair.
    Play Hard first and find the best research paths and building of choice. Then, you can move up to very hard once you are confident in your new strategy for FOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by leeo268 View Post
    Looting should be a for desperate situation only because of honor and cost of repair.
    Play Hard first and find the best research paths and building of choice. Then, you can move up to very hard once you are confident in your new strategy for FOTS.
    I loot just for money then leave it for rebels. I use the money to build the cities that I have and come back for those looted cities later

I'm on VH, my strategy is to keep the clan locked away for the first quarter of the game after an initial frantic land grab. then slowly build the economy by only building wealth creating structures. Then modernise the army and when the economy can handle it increase navy size. Then launch operation steam roll with an army of royal marines.

dont count on trade, nobody wants to trade on very hard mid game.

offer a child as hostage (or offer military acces) to secure an alliance to cover one end of your territory and focus on expanding on the other side, focus on the clans with only one or two regions.

You can force them to become vasals to have quick trade and allies but remember in RD they will all turn against you. Get 2 full stacks and then its all pretty much capturing a province every 2-3 turns with agents to subdue rebellions, pretty reptitive

Looting is worth it if you can loot 4k+ , remember the hit to your daymo honor and that your son will also have low honour, dont worry about diplomacy penalties, the system doesnt work and all will hate you anyway (thx ca ...)
    Last edited by Pesticide; March 28, 2012 at 07:49 AM.