Thread: Consistent CTD from this savefile:

Default Consistent CTD from this savefile:

I posted this in the technical thread but could not attach the file, so:

I have a consistent CTD with 7.5 + hotfix.

I installed: RTW, BI, the 1.5/1.6 patch, DM 7.0, DM 7.5, hotfix.

Was clean install.

Game is short campaign, it's quite a few turns into the game. Using manual savegames NOT auto/quicksaves. The savegame crashes consistentlty.

Anyone care to take a look? *very* annoying to have this happen.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

Default Re: Consistent CTD from this savefile:

Have no clue...it seems there is a campaign issue not really unterstood what.
    Also I have seen that you have built a lot of archers, cavalry auxilia etc.?(Seems like odd unit proportion for human army)
    If yes ok..but if not this shows incombatibility with the real DarthMod_7.5...the slightest change of file can cause this.
    I have the original and I sense from the saved game you passed you have incombatibility with the DarthMod_7.5 +fix

Yes I did build a few cav auxilia for the desert patrolling in Africa. I find them handy. And archers make cheap city guards, since my cities rarely ever get sieged unless I know they are about to and I have my army there anyway. The two gladiators were a gift from the Senate. But I tried disbanding them and clicking next turn and it still crashes.

Would my choice of units really affect the crashing? That would seem very odd.

I wonder how many campaigns get finished with darthmod these days- it's crashed on me in mine since v7.0. ANyone finishing campaigns regularly playing a the romans?

This crash did happen very closely after the Marian reforms occured and as I was reforming my armies.

No it does not make sense for unit proportion to have a CTD. What seemed odd as a human army proportion to have 6 archer units in a roman army and this happens when
    There is incombatibilty between version by replacing of units with other.

The campaigns are still lasting till the end although there is sometimes a critical CTD that occurs and maybe a crappy vice and virtue randomness from 1.5 patch.
    This may happen and I have not touched these files for this reason.
    If there was a CVP mod for 1.5 I could use it.

Oh man, the V&V's could be causing problems? What about the cherry vanilla fixes of old that fixed these or something.

So yes, the units and such were working fine- I didn't mess with those at all- I was using lots of archers and cavalry aux. I enjoy playing with wierd tactics and such. The CTD happens right during the computer's turn which, in my experience has tended to be unit related things when I mod the game myself. But I wonder what it could be.

I love the mod, but this breaks it for me- as investing 10+ hoursinto a game can so often net a permanent CTD.

I should say there was another CTD a few turns ago, and I reloaded a savegame after rebooting and moved on from there OK- but this one is unfixable. I think the computer player is doing somethig that is not supported in the mod or wherever so: CTD. Maybe a battle is occuring somewhere with some particular units? Or it's trying to build a unit for the first time (remeber this is post Marian) that is not supported?

Last question, the patch I installed makes RTW v1.5 and BI v1.6, that's the patch DM operates off of right?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Darth Vader, the CVP, and the GAFH mod that improves the traits a lot do work with 1.5, there are a few small edits to the ancilliary files you need to make but that is all.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Can you test it by adapting this then play the save file? Although this would acquire to be more sure to restart a campaign but you never know.
    Maybe this will help.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Trait mods are not save game compatible, you would need to start a new camapign to make sure it fixes the bug.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

If it stops the CTDs... I say go for it. Is there any way to verify what the CTD problem could be- considering I didn't mod DM at all?