Thread: Most hated enemy: Allies

Default Most hated enemy: Allies

So I'm playing on hard as choshu and my allies are taking over Japan with both Kyoto and edo.

Now I am on a race for provinces with my allies, sometimes I'am at a province just to see my allie's already besieging the city

It a long campaign and at 1870 I am on a race for provinces against my allies.

Can't betray them cause I got a few gaps in my current territory cause of my allie's conquering

Anybody else have this problem of over powered allies?

Default Re: Most hated enemy: Allies

Yeah I have this problem too in my Tosa campaign. There's about 8 Shogunate provinces left. I need 12 to win. Everything else is Imperial.
    They really needed to throw in a third faction somehow, even if its just some independent clans. With only 2 sides to the war, it doesn't take much for one to get the upper hand and just keep going.

Default Re: Most hated enemy: Allies

Use your Ishin Shishi/Shinsengumi to incite a revolt. Since the AI doesn't guard its cities, they should take over quite easily unless its the only remaining province or something. It feels like cheating to me, so I only use it in situations where the province in question is too valuable to just let my AI ally have it. Like along the railroads, which the AI doesn't seem to build.