Thread: Trading District without Event (Fall of the Samurai)

Icon11 Trading District without Event (Fall of the Samurai)

Please,

Any dear friend

I used a coalition of clan's shogunate and wanted trade agreement with the British, so I ended up refusing all trade events in France and USA. It's been many shift and not received (probably will not receive) any other event to trade with foreign powers.

My request is to make a mod where you can create a commercial district of any nation (british, France and USA) without the events created, so they created to make a Nanban Quarter without being Christian. I believe many would be happy.

Thanks

Default Re: Trading District without Event (Fall of the Samurai)

Well, I have no idea if this will even work, nor especially how the game will react if you do get the events and accept one, but here's a replacement script file that won't make the ports and foreign units unavailable at the start of a new campaign.

Mind you, this will only work with a new campaign.

I haven't found the script(s) for the events themselves, which is why it's particularly likely to explode in your face if you accept a mission. Feel free to facepalm.

Despite the misleading filename, this is a movie-type .pack and doesn't need to be listed in the user file to work.

If you want this for an existing savegame, you'll have to find someone more adept than me in lua and Shogun 2's internal structure, because it'll require a fireonce scripted event that removes the restrictions, and I have no idea how to shoot that into the game. If it's even possible to make the game load new lua code after creating a campaign at all, that is.
    Last edited by DaFranker; March 29, 2012 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks!

Foederatus

where does this go?

Foederatus

I figured it out, but um, I seem to be extra stupid today, but the file isn't available for download anymore is it? or rather I don't see and button to click to download.