Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Favorite Mass effect track?

Pretty much and why?

Mine are, in this order:

5. A Future for the Krogan
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I like this song with the Krogan civilization ruins, truly gave a whole new face to them and made them worth saving that much more.

4. Suicide Mission

A very epic battle song really, fits nice in the realm of sci-fi without feeling cliche.

3. Faunts

By far one of my favorite songs of the series and of any game, aced completely.

2. Mordin

THE GOOD OLD DOCTOR, what happened to him coupled with the song makes it a pretty powerful and heroic song indeed, but its the ending with the Vigil bit that really kills me, a tear down my cheek and some chills on my back.

1.Vigil

You are not a prothean, but you are not a reaper. This eventuality was one that was one of many that was anticipated, this Is why we send our warning through the beacons.
    I don sense the taint of Indoctrination upon you as the ones that past before recently. Perhaps there is still hope...
    That was the very definition of what Mass effect was supposed to be, that was the greatest song of the game, IMO.

As it stands now, the piano tracks from ME3 should be higher, but there quality mixed with the crappy ending makes them way to painful to hear.
    Last edited by saxdude; March 26, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Default Re: Favorite Mass effect track?

Probably my all time favourite:

Ahh, the good old times, where you could finish a Mass Effect game and be thrilled.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Oh stop it, the ending of ME3 was thrilling, what an epic space battle there was, and that music is entrancing. I know you guys hate the ending but c'mon, I think we can all agree the music was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Oh stop it, the ending of ME3 was thrilling, what an epic space battle there was, and that music is entrancing. I know you guys hate the ending but c'mon, I think we can all agree the music was spot on.

The funny thing about this music is this.

Space magic firing... Wonderful piano... Reapers finally pwned... Everyone cheers. Then suddenly Normandy breaks apart music is screwed and OMG REALITY CHECK WTF HAPPENED

Then you see your characters in jungle, just as they are about to discover King Kong.

Then suddenly... depression
    Last edited by Bernhardt; April 02, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Yes, the music piece did a perfect job at amplifying the sadness that incomplete of an ending caused in me, so... job well done. The piece itself is really beautiful, but set in context, it's disgusting.

Favorite ME1

this one is also awesome

Favorite ME2, along with suicide mission

Favorite ME3 soundtrack, and my favorite mission as well!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Yeah I forgot about the after life music. Instead of pausing my game I used to just let it run in Afterlife to hear the song lol.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I'll throw in some of mine

and the final theme in teh Lair of the Shadow Broker

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Are you saying there was a space battle at the end of your game? If so, how do i get that?

I do agree the music for all 3 games was pretty damn good though. Some of my favourites are the Mass Effect 1 ending song, the suicide run, the fleet arrives, an end once and for all and my favourite of all the mass effect games:

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about that one. Sure, the portion of the game where it plays it a tad cliche but it's still an awesome bit of music.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    and the final theme in teh Lair of the Shadow Broker
    ah, here it is

and wanna add this one too

ah yeah, quite an epic music for quite an epic ending!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Are you saying there was a space battle at the end of your game? If so, how do i get that?
    You didnt get it? or are you being sarcastic? Im aware that you get a diferent outcome if you have low EMS.
    In mine asari show up, turian, quarian, and geth, as well aliance. And they battle quite a while before you land on earth.
    Dont tell me you miss this.

Its what i get with quarians and geth working together, with EMS at 4300 and in my destroy ending shepard lives, and i got that last cutscene with stargazer.
    Were you expecting more? i got to be honest this was exactly what i was expecting and i was satisfied with it. ( concerning space battle anyhow.) It isnt valid for the end, that i was expecting something diferent.

BTW For me The vigil song one is the one i like the most. It is mass effect.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Suicide Mission, Lair of the Shadow Broker, I Was Lost Without You. And some of the ambient sidemission tracks from1.

Yeah Vigil is for ME what the Star Wars theme song is for Star Wars. Not really a song, but i found it while looking up Vigil on youtube and it gives me chills.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

all three soundtracks are awesome. Favorites:
    - Faunts
    - Leaving Earth
    - I was lost without you
    - An end, once and for all

_Elysium_'s Avatar Biarchus

1. Leaving Earth (ME3)
    Spoiler for Leaving earth

2. An end once and for all (ME3)
    Spoiler for An end once and for all

3. Mass Effect Theme (ME1)
    Spoiler for Mass Effect Theme

4. Vigil (ME1)
    Spoiler for Vigil

5. Club Afterlife (ME2)
    Spoiler for Club Afterlife

Comes Domesticorum

Definitely Sovereign's Theme.

BTW does anyone else feel that Harbinger's lines from ME2 were top of the line?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast