Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: World Dom by 1750?

Default Re: World Dom by 1750?

Fair enuff.

Of course it's weird that I do also tend to dislike South Korea as well... but that's just because of their terrible music (yes, I mean you, Super Junior).

Actually, I'm just kidding. I like to have fun with dissing S.Kor music because it is so popular right now here in TW... yet it barely qualifies as music since none of the bands are making songs, they are making adverts for S. Kor. All major brands exported are funded by the Korean National Department of Tourism... heheheh.

Oddly, I have found ETW to be most 'educational' regarding who Prussia actually is/was. I didn't even know it was a real country before ETW. It had never been mentioned once in my high school history classes and I had never really thought about it. I only knew of the color 'Prussian Blue' from watching Bob Ross's painting show when I was younger (it always seemed to be on the Knowledge Channel and was a pretty safe thing to flick to if you didn't want your parents to know you were watching cartoons or Predator or something... heheh). I actually thought Prussian blue was a much darker blue too, almost cobalt.

Then in my later years, I only knew of them from hearing about Prussian Blue the band which I heard about in passing on the news one day. That speaks a sad story for the once noble nation.

Just a quick note with some fun details.

You know that strat I use with sending an army ahead? I sent a half stack of pure line inf 1 turn ahead of my army, expecting to take 800-1200 casualties and take out around half of their forces (Genoa with a full stack). They manoevered very badly and after 20 minutes, I managed to pinch them at one end, firing on both the front and back and working my way up the line. Out of 10 units, there were probably 20 or 30 musket balls left by the time they were done. (10 shots per means they started with 12,000 shots) I had 6 units with more than 60 men with no ammo left. 3 units with not very many men left and no Ammo and only 2 units remaining with probably 1-2 shots left. The craziest battle stats I think I've ever seen (considering this was a 1900 strong army with defender bonuses vs my 1200). 4 units had more than 250 kills each. 3 units with more than 150 and the rest with more than 100. Not one unit fled. And no general.

I still don't have Fire by Rank yet! heheheh.

Another fun one. Fought a 'stragglers' army of 2 Gen cav, 5 man foot arty and a 6 man foot arty (Russia) with 2 units of line one unit of pikemenand 2 units of Uhlan lancers. I managed to use the terrain to take 0 casualties. The arty was firing on one unit of line and I snuck up my pikemen and uhlans, charging them from behind. I guess they had one unit that wasn't firing and I've never seen a cannon move so quickly. It literally whipped around like it was a 5 pound styrofoam model, kinda like when you have the game on double speed (but it was normal speed) and fired a single blast of canister shot, taking out 7 uhlans in one unit and 19 in the other. AND just catching the corner of the pikeman unit, taking 12 of them down. WTF? One shot and my casualties jumped to 39 to take out 13 doodz on a hill (lost 1 more in the actual charge). Another battle also saw my highly experienced general unit charge a 2 man general unit and do battle for almost a full minute. Result? I lost a guy in my unit and his 2 men kept fighting. I ran my guy out just in time to let the 3 units of Line fire their volleys and watch the 2 units disappear in the blink of an eye.

The Utilitarianism tactic is now paying off. It seems that if they don't have a school, they can take or trade tech. I spent my first 10 turns researching only Utilitarianism and was unable to build any more schools until around 1709. I relied heavily on sending large numbers of gentlemen all over Europe, first starting with 20% or better odds and then dropping down to 12 and 14% odds. This is the first time I have relied on stealing tech for my early game. Now that I have a few small schools, I am using them to fill in the lower gaps, while my big schools work exclusively on higher end techs. It is now going extremely well with my tech. I recently ran out of money and managed to sell a whole mess of tech to a whole mess of nations for 5700 bucks. You can do a lot with 5700 bucks when you are in a war. One of the keys to making this work well was the fact that I sold/gave Utilitarianism away to almost everyone I could as early as possible. This meant that by the time I started really laying down the hurt in EU, there were a number of pre-built, already paid for classical Uni's ripe for the picking. Remember that in most games, most nations have to research Empiricism, which takes 5 turns (and usually doesn't start on turn 1), then build a college, which takes 4 turns, then research Utilitarianism, which takes 10 turns... so by turn 20 or so, a few people are starting to get Utilitarianism and building Classical Uni's. In my game, by turn 12, almost everyone had Utilitarianism. I made probably 5-6k in selling it to all and sundry (I find it particularly useful to sell/give them building techs around 2 turns before I start an invasion). This has fast-tracked ALL technology in the game and I wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd rates and modern Universities by 1720. I just sold Metalled roads to a bunch of people, so I'm expecting that to be pretty widespread soon enough as well.

Also, by focusing on just one type of tech (infantry and Enlightenment) and not studying the lower techs, I have been able to take regions that are significantly more advanced (ie Denmark, who had Great Arsenal before I had Enhanced grenades) and start concurrent research! I've been able to research several techs at different levels concurrently and/or skip certain techs and go straight to the higher techs. Pretty wild stuff so far.

The downside to this is that I have had to fight a lot of battles with very, very poor infantry tech. I took most of Europe without even Fire by Rank. I only got Square Formation a few turns ago. That hurt a few times.

One thing that's driving me crazy is economic decline in certain regions for no particular reason.

For example, when I took Stockholm, it was nearly 3900/turn with 12,500 region wealth (the AI was making something ridiculous like 6400/turn). It has consistently had positive growth numbers every turn since I took it, but every turn, it seems to lose around 100/turn net income. It's now down to around 2780/turn and only 8500 region wealth. I'm completely at a loss as to what is happening. Many other regions I own are making solid gains...

Could this have something to do with the resistance (which is still at *14*!!! about 8 turns later)?

I don't understand why it is showing +0.8% to growth and +1.3% to economic growth (I keep my taxes fairly low in the early game), but wealth keeps going down.

SKAREEENZIEES! Mostly from 1706 or thereabouts.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Midnight Mayhem in Vienna
    Remember that crazy one with me sending in 600+1200 against an army of 2000+400 in Vienna? Yeah, there's about 1500 dead bodies on this corner section of wall.

See that 3^ line Infantry with 18 men left? He single-handedly melee'd 3 150 man Austrian Line infantry to nothing, with virtually no fire support from the guys on the other wall (engaged in melee at the time). The armies you see standing there were the last of the 3rd wave (first wave was 600, second wave was the remaining units up to 20, third wave was after the first and second wave routed). I've never seen a unit of line wreak that much bloodshed. His stats in the battle afterwards were something like 250 kills, but I know he killed around 400-500. I don't know why the numbers get weird sometimes.

Immacculate Desecration
    Ever notice how weird it is that there's no blood? That's what mods are for... (not tweaked... I just liked the way the moon looked in that one.

See the Austrian unit at ground level? Directly above him was where the most vicious fighting occurred and the largest concentration of bodies lies. Looks the same though...

I didn't build the star fort. I think it grew there. Like a mushroom. You know, like the mushrooms in Super Mario Kart, not THOSE mushrooms... note the date and conquered Vienna.

Marooned!
    I thought this was hilarious. These guys tried to steal my kill while I was besieging Stockholm to let the gov buildings finish. I don't take kindly to stealing kills. When I took the region, he got tossed out on his keeester and the nearest land owned by Russia was Finland. Apparently including that little island. Even funnier, Russia REPLENISHED the troops! Precious little on that tiny island for a bunch of grown men in itchy uniforms to do, so you know what I'd recommend for them to do... heheh... and they can keep doing that until The Mighty Bear becomes the Mighty Bear Rug on the living room floor in Brandenburg!

The Invisible Man
    Sometimes it's hard to get the recognition you deserve if you don't make a name for yourself first.

Just had the craziest battle against Savoy.

Lesson #1 - STRONGLY recommend leading with a 1/3-1/2 stack of pure infantry and a follow-up of a normal stack.
    Lesson #2 - If there is an army garrisoned and 1 unit sitting outside a city, ATTACK THE 1 UNIT. Do not attack the city.

Here's what went down.

Got my 2 army sections into range. 14 units in my main army, 11 units in my secondary stack (4 grens, 7 line). Walked into the red zone with my main (they will usually decline an opportunity to intercept if the odds are nearly equal, I don't think they get defensive bonuses for intercepting an army just as it comes into range). They did not intercept. I moved my second stack into place and attacked the 1 unit standing outside the city. One unit Line Infantry. Reinforcements - 1709 soldiers, 8 units of cav!!!

Battle position screen. There was a nice big hill on the corner of my starting rectangle and a city in the middle of the map. I hate city battles. They rarely work in my favor. So I sent everyone up on the hill to wait for my reinforcements.

Clicked start and immediately noticed that their reinforcements were coming up RIGHT BESIDE ME!!! SLAMMED on the pause button. I don't usually use the pause button, but this was quite a surprise. Had my group reform to a double horseshoe covering their entrance, with 3 units in the center, 4 line on the outside pointing in (still no fire by rank, so they were spread out as far as possible) and ordered all units to RUNNNN!! Cav started POURING in and it was a real mess for a short while and I told the 3 center units to form square. This was what saved me from a ridiculous massacre. The cav units were unable to penetrate past the squares and as soon as the outer horseshoe formed up, they started dying FAST. I was fighting 4 units of cav by the time my grens took position (inner horseshoe, behind the center squares, but in front of the main infantry, 2 units on the high ground). They had lost about 25% of their men by that time, but quickly made up for it. Selected all grens. Clicked off the Grenades button. Clicked again and BOOOM goes the dynamite. 2 units of Regiment of horse, 3 units of line and one unit of militia suddenly lost half of their men. I'm guessing that the survivors did the exact same thing that I did. Spit-take all over my monitor.

Ok, maybe they didn't have monitors, but while there might not be blood in ETW, there was definitely some brown happening for those guys.

The rest of the battle went swimmingly (except when their initial unit snuck up behind me and I put 3 units into swatting them back) and I just kept turning the grenades off and on again. Let 2 units in. Lob. Grin. Repeat.

By the time they were half finished, I had lost a good chunk of my grens and they were down to around 15-25 men each, but they still had junk in the trunk to share. 2 units came in, volleys took them down to 90, grenades instantly took them down to 50. See ya! I saw one unit come in, catch the end of a blast from the grenades and drop to 88/120 and flee.

if I had made my stand a little farther away, I might have managed more impressive numbers since they couldn't get away quite as quickly, but it was still pure massacre and a hoot and a holler at that. Surprisingly, the gren units only made around 160-190 kills each in the summary. A couple of line infantry were up there too with 150-200. But the main bulk of my army sat there and did NOTHING. I completely ignored them while micro'ing and just let them wander the countryside picking buttercups and thyme.

I tried to take some screenies, but something wasn't working right and I was DEEPLY disappointed that the shot with smoke from a volley, about 300 dead horses in the foreground, 800 dead soldiers in the background, troops pouring in and out of the battlefield, a round of grenades in the air and exploding grenades in the middle of a pack of 200 line/militia turned out as a blank. white. screen. hrmpf4a;lskjfj;4

So I tried to make up for it with some older screenies from my Prussian campaign.

EDIT: It was such an epic massacre that I just *had* to do something, and as many of you may know, I have a little experience using Adobe's art suite, but I wanted something a bit grittier, more real, more visceral... so I loaded up my M8D p81nt0rZ sk177z and put this together.

Sacking Savoy
    (aka Men with Guns)

Please, Don't Drink and Draw!
    or in my case, time for bed!
    Last edited by eschelar; May 30, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

OK, at 1725 and I have been thinking a lot lately about the differences between the UP campaign and the Prussian Campaign.

UP is SOOOO OP IMho.

Instant trade dominance. Naval protection from GB. Control over the highly lucrative and highly strategic south Pacific. But more than that, the simple fact that they are a Republic is SOOOO powerful. Not only does it allow them the ability to jump in and jump out of regions, but it also gives them the freedom to create mass schools and boom tech like craziness. Not to mention push taxes HARD and virtually ignore all religious differences.

Since the biggest challenge in this type of campaign is really just fighting the clock, I am really feeling the dragging effect of the Absolute Monarchy. It means I have to maintain a much larger garrison, even after the immediate threats are gone. Plus, if I *maul* my opponents without taking losses, I'm paying for wayyyy more troops. Combine that with a much more moderate taxation scheme and wayyyy less trade income, you end up with a much slower spread. No more taking 8-12 regions in one turn. At turn 50, I have 60 regions. That's 1.2 regions per turn. If I keep it up, that means turn 90 or so. I don't think it will be that slow because I am finally starting to catch up, but it is worrisome nonetheless.

At 1725, I just got Rights of Man, so started building my Modern Uni. I will send that tech out to everyone as possible, but this campaign has seen very, very poor income by my opponents. Most of them are tangled up in vicious trade blockades and there just isn't that much cash floating around. GB always seemed to have lots of cash and tech, but this time, they have barely any money, they have lost a fair bit of ground in the Americas to France (but the natives seem quite friendly towards them... weird) and for some inexplicable reason, they absolutely REFUSE to purchase Utilitarianism from me. Not even for 10 bucks. Other techs ok, just NOT utilitarianism. I am pushing economy hard right now, with taxes at the absolute limit, pulling almost 60k/turn from Europe alone. End turn gives me 40k compared to my normal taxation which would see around 24k/turn. Pumping trade ships hard, but it's nowhere near as good as owning the whole South Pacific. Some of the nodes are starting to open up now and the Pirates will be dead soon too (yeah, how crazy is that, 1725 taking my first territory in the American Theater and the Pirates are still alive and kicking), but I still have only 1-2 ships per node on a total of 5 nodes. Very poor.

I will have India locked down by 1727, at which point I will start recruiting troops for Portugal. From Portugal, i will probably get ready to bounce over to France. I should be able to coordinate my troops from India to arrive in America around the same time. I am guessing that I will be able to leave roughly 1 full stack in India as population control during this time and when France is gone, I will be able to switch my attention to GB (who owns Ceylon at this point). If I can't manage it with the troops I leave in India (I'll plant a rake in Ceylon to watch them), I will take out GB and wait for Ceylon to go rebel.

The only powers left in the game in Europe are UP, GB, Fr, Sp, the Ottomans and me. (I have left Hanover too, I might use them for my final conquest, they seem to be pretty happy with me atm). I will probably try the same trick as last time to make life unpleasant for Spain. It is hard to know which is the best order to go. I might have little choice in the matter of course...

I have discovered that while Prussian Line infantry rocks, Prussian Company Infantry (India) blows. Bleh. There's a bunch of soldiers that will be heading off to their doom pretty quickly... Militia actually has outperformed them on a number of occasions.

Craziest thing I saw in the last 10 years - 2 moderately damaged units of militia were standing around separately (90 and 78 men). 450 soldiers that had received an arsewhalloppin' on the previous turn via an autoresolve were attacking, but I didn't care about the militia. They were just out of range of a large army, so no reinforcements available. I said - whatever, toss 'em. Clicked autoresolve and VICTORY! They lost 28 men combined and sent their assailants packing! Outnumbered 3:1, with no general and with fairly high quality enemy troops too (the 450 soldiers had come from 2 separate armies of 900-1100 men each, mostly Islamic swordsmen and Dervishes and had actually given me a surprisingly low kill ratio of 1:1.2 where my 900 men took on 1100 men, losing 500 and killing 650 of theirs). Usually autoresolve gives severe penalties on VH/VH, but off they went. If I had fought that out, I would have lost with probably 150-200 kills at the very most.

Assaulting the Americas is going to be insane. I've got 10 years to conquer the whole thing, including taking out GB, Spain and France.

Well it's coming to an end.

It's 1735 and I've got 106/137 nations. I just took out Spain and I have a fairly healthy army left over that I can drop into GB. Interestingly, GB doesn't seem to have as much of a garrison this time round. Possibly this is because it is earlier than the last time (I attacked GB in 1738 last time), but likely also because GB and France were at each other's necks for most of the campaign (took out France 2 turns ago), and it really hurt GB's economy. They still have a significant naval presence in the local area, but before, I was worried about that because I thought I couldn't handle their navy. This time, I've got a mess of experienced 3rd's and first rates will be coming through the pipe in 1737 from 2 nearby Steam Drydocks.

France was my first conquest in North America and took 4 turns to eradicate. Spain DoW'd on me and perished 2 turns later, but I have a few regions left to clean up still. Should be easy. I've got 5 stacks on ships in the carribean. Also have quite a few soldiers heading towards the black hills (approx 3 turns distant) and will have at least 2 stacks available in the colonies. I've also got to arrange a few troops to drop in to Ceylon and say hi.

I was very pleased with the outcome of my attempt to use trading to reduce the time required to take north America. My first conquest was Georgia and I almost instantly traded it to Huron for NWT. The next turn, I took Maine and Acadia from France and traded them to GB for New York and Rupert's Land. I was rather surprised that they accepted, but glad too. Then it was simple to move my troops against the Hurons and Iroquois simultaneously. The Hurons had 5.5 stacks in the region because their 3 stacks from NWT had been moved down, so I ran a bit of a distraction raid first to pull them away from the capital.

I landed in 1732 and by 1735 all that remains is a few colonies owned by GB and a little bit in the south. 6 turns to take the entire North American continent minus GB's scant, poorly defended holdings and the Black Hills.

So if I play my cards right, I MIGHT be able to make it by 1738 or 1739. Running 90k+ upkeep, with 135k in tax revenue and 35k-50k in trade. This will be the first turn in quite a while where I haven't had any blockades or raids on my trading, so that's good. I will start training troops for invading the Ottomans on this turn and attempt a 2 turn conquest of GB, probably starting next turn or the following.

On the home stretch now!

Well that was kind of a bummer.

My campaign is bugged and unrecoverable. Funny that most of the bugs seem to happen just in the last few turns of my campaign, mostly revolving around forces I drop in GB. This time, I was careful not to use 24 lbers, and I did encounter a bugged unit that couldn't be moved or complete a battle without crashing the game, same as before. The only difference was that this time, there was no work-around. I even went back far enough to make that unit not land and delete it before it did any harm, but to no avail. The bug changed in its nature and stopped being related to a unit and became a simple CTD whenever I finished ANY battle with GB.

I am at turn 74 with 117/137 regions. GB and the Ottomans are all that remain.

I have 20 stacks on the map. 8 in GB. 5 stacks poised to move on every single remaining British holding in Amerigo in 1 turn and they have poor defenses. (I already have NY and New England) Most would be battles of 1 full stack against 0-4 units including mob although a couple would be 1 full stack vs a half stack or a half stack vs a quarter stack. I already have Ireland locked down and have ships blocking the bridge to the main Isle. I have 3 stacks in London area, 2 next to London, one a bit farther out. They have 2 full stacks in London and 1 stack in Manchester (too far to engage in a single battle). They have 4 stacks in Scotland (typical), but I have 4.5 stacks there. I have more than a full stack available in Carnatica and they have no defenses in Ceylon, with an empty port.

However, I have reached a point where I cannot conquer any region owned by GB without crashing. I do not know why. I have tried every single region that they own and none of them can be conquered without crashing the game. The most difficult battles are London and Scotland, with more than 5000 troops in play on each side. I have defeated them 3 times to take London and 5 times to take Scotland (defeated twice). ANY further combat action against GB ends in a crash, win or lose.

Without this problem, I would take 10 regions this turn from GB and wipe them completely, leaving me with 128/137.

I also have troops 2-3 turns away from the most remote parts of the Turkish Empire and could probably knock them out in 3 turns or less. Possibly 4. It's simply an issue of moving the troops into place. I have already got 3 stacks close enough to move them in next turn. That will take out Greece and everything Northwest of it in 1 turn. I have troops close enough to move on Bulgaria in 2 and that's about the same time my troops would arrive there after taking on Greece. I have a stack moving on Anatolia already and a half stack already ready in Mesopotamia. 3 turns from Syria. I also have 1 stack in recruitment available with boats in Venetia and Rome, as well as half a stack coming available in Spain. (2 turns away by boat, possibly 3 turns away from invasion unless I can clear the port in Egypt). I've also got a medium sized (easily sufficient) stack in Tunis right at the border with Tripolitana (which I traded to them some time ago for something or other).

Additionally, I have 2.5 rather strong stacks 1-2 turns away from the Black Hills. They don't stand a chance. I brought a smaller force against 3 stacks of Inuit troops and sent them packing with only 300 men lost.

I will call this a win by turn 78 for my own accounting, but it is not official. Prussia: VH/VH, 100% WD by 1738. I might be able to squeak through by using an older savefile, going back 4 or 5 turns and then I might be tempted to change a couple of things around for an even earlier WD, possibly as early as turn 75, which would be 1736 (?). I cannot spare more time for this campaign, so I will move on next to the Ottomans. I had been considering a secondary restriction such as 'Cold Hard Steel', but going with a Republic... Not yet sure. Currently work is getting more involved and I put in a 16 hour day yesterday and a 12.5 hour day today.

Notes:
    Prussia's main strength obviously lies in their infantry. Their primary tactic is distraction. I found that their initial tech strategy was quite effective, which allowed them to build a college WAY before anyone else, thus paving the way for early booming in pretty much any direction desired and plenty of technology pimping. The problem with that was that their early battles tended to be VERY hairy as they didn't end up with any really important infantry techs until significantly later than their enemies and the fact that their starting position prevents building schools in low income, many town regions (ie Lower Louisiana) and their AM gov makes it virtually impossible to maintain a school in any conquered region for around 10 turns or so, thus leading most regions into an economy type build.

This is further enforced by their extremely poor navy and very restricted access to the trade theaters, which makes their economy almost entirely non-trade oriented.

Strong infantry helped tremendously and it made my standard tactic of 1/2 stack of mostly infantry + a tiny bit of cav (throw-away vs arty) + 2/3 stack of regular composition plus general even more effective than with UP.

However, using VH/VH *more* than counteracted that. Oddly, this was far more noticeable in the late game than in the early game. In the early game, even though my infantry tech was well behind my enemies, the infantry still did very well, often handling victories when outnumbered 2:1, 3:1 or even 4:1 on occasion. By the time I hit the late game, this was no longer the case and between VH/VH bonuses, even techs and defensive bonuses, my infantry OFTEN had serious difficulties holding their own.

I saw things happen like 1 unit of militia beating 2 units of Prussian Line with 1 unit providing supporting fire and the other unit in melee (or alternately both in melee) and 3 units of Prussian Line being ROUNDLY defeated by a single unit of Spanish Line infantry, which took minimal losses and completely destroyed one unit of line, routing the others. I also saw 2 units of Prussian Line unable to dislodge a single unit of mob from a house before one was destroyed and the other routed. In another case, I saw 2 units of militia destroy 1 and rout 2 units of Line infantry that charged the house they were in, with ***4*** units providing supporting fire from outside before the last unit finally managed to kick them out.

Earlier on, I saw such stirring victories such as one unit of Prussian line with 35 men left and 2 units of mob holding off 1 unit of militia and one unit of cav in one of the closest nailbiters I've ever seen. They did eventually lose, but the cav were sent packing with a minor sacrifice of 1 unit of mob, with the second unit of mob fleeing when the militia had fought the Prussian Line down to 27 men left, with approx 50 militiamen remaining, then watching with no small anticipation as they proceeded to slug it out until only 3 men were left vs 13 militia, they pulled the militia down further to just 9 men left before the last man routed and was killed.

Another memorable victory was the sacking of Austria, where I saw Line Infantry taking advantage of enemy line on the walls being unable to return fire, yielding approx 1800 dead on the walls in just a short section and one ridiculously heroic unit of Line being promoted in the field to 3 chevrons at the loss of 90 men, while they held off no less than ***NINE*** units of enemy line while reinforcements S L O W L Y made their way to the battlefield.

This was contrasted by a late game defeat where I lost 2300 men (1.5 stacks) defending against approximately 1300 enemy (mostly damaged Line Infantry: 800 + 504) in Rome. A truly terrible massacre! Yeah, VH/VH gets rough, rough, rough in the late game. So much for a defensive bonus. They lost most of their forces, but the last 4 units of Line (plus a small general) were almost totally unopposed and basically just walked in and had their merry way with me.

An odd thing that happened in the late game too was that as soon as it got down to 3 nations left, suddenly they all shared tech with each other and ended up with basically every single tech on the tree, when just one turn before, I had at least 15 techs that none of them had. Not sure how that one worked. Kind of the opposite of the stated idea of tech being granted to the last nation when all the other nations have a specific tech. This grace was not extended to me, but somehow worked for them even though none of them had anywhere NEAR the tech that I had (3 turns from getting First Rates). Maybe that's why the files got bugged??? Oh well.

My most effective strategy in battle was to use distraction, sending some throwaway cavalry against a wall while a medium force (ie 6 units) hits the wall on the opposite side. Then send a smaller medium force (4-5 units) in on the opposite side and ready a small force (2-3 units) for wherever a gap opens up. Then once you own a gate, send your cav into the center and try to get some infantry into a building in the center. Very effective even against huge defensive forces and with very little need for reliance on artillery.

It was a pretty fun campaign for the most part, but it got a bit dull as I didn't really use many types of units. Mostly I just stuck with line, 1-2 units of cav and 2-3 units of arty and when things got REALLY rough, I would just send a stack of PURE Line Infantry to make things REALLY unpleasant for the enemy. I don't care how many guys you have, if you have to fight through 2400 Prussian Line Infantry BEFORE you get to the main army, you're going to be having a very, very bad day.

Hope you enjoyed!
    Last edited by eschelar; June 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM.

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Awesomeness!

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Hey Prince, good to see you again. Feels like it has been a while.

Any suggestions for my Ottoman campaign? Probably be a month before I can start it. I've thought about something like Cold Hard Steel self-restriction, but I'm a bit concerned about my own time and might lose interest since melee battles tend to get a bit repetitive. And I really enjoy using the special units that the Ottomans get...

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Hey man.
    Ottomans.. Ottomans.. let me see..
    I suggest the following to start:
    •Secure your interests in Europe whilst you build-up your infrastructure.
    •Be sure to keep the army in the Crimea (guarding the bridge). As long as the Crimea is out of Russian hands, the ivans will be denied trade and won't bother you too much.
    •Invade Persia at the first opportunity. Your troops are more than a match for theirs but you will need to protect the port against the Persian fleet.
    •Once you have Persia you can take Georgia and Dagastan and the way to India is open!

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345