Thread: how long did it take to finish your first campaign?

Default how long did it take to finish your first campaign?

Took me 2 tries, so around 30 hours to finish one campaign, was on the year 1871 or 72, on hard difficulty, shimazu. Do i suck or is this normal?

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: how long did it take to finish your first campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    Took me 2 tries, so around 30 hours to finish one campaign, was on the year 1871 or 72, on hard difficulty, shimazu. Do i suck or is this normal?
    Im on my 2nd try atm, but first try I got surprised with naval activity and couldn't rebound from it. I say longer it takes you the better cause it means you are haven a challenge therefore enjoying the game much more then others.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Still on my first. Im nowhere near done, either, though my side is finally getting stronger, and things are slowing down from the initial scramble of Realm Divide.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

it took me more then 20 ctd's in the first turns to give it up, this game is too hard.

I haven't quite finished my first game (Last Shogunate clan down to 2 provinces, it's all over but the screaming) and it's spring of 1872. I got stuck in a rut during 1868 and 1869 due to the sheer volume of hostile warships post realm divide, and the scale of combat in central Honshu. The number of fullstacks milling around Kyoto through to Owari, both friend and foe, was enormous. I was playing Satsuma, so all my troops had to be sailed east, since my Imperial allies built all but one of the rail stations right in the middle of the line between Nagato and central Japan, effectively rendering the line useless. Given the number of hostile ships, it meant I was very slow to bring my strength to bear. This was on Hard.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

MeenChawitTH's Avatar Miles

16-17 Hours - Satsuma - Normal

auto resolved a lot towards the end.

Being able to complete a campaign is good enough, considering the learning curve of the game and the time invested.

MeenChawitTH's Avatar Miles

double post : my bad.