Hello all!

This is my first post in the Total War Center Forums, although I have been a reader for quite some time. I've recently started making my own mods, (very simple ones, such as retextures), and I am starting to find that I can truly customize this game to my liking (within a reasonable extent). One question I have, is if it is possible to modify the battlemaps that are generated in the campaign to spawn more or less trees by their region. To be more specific, I would, ideally, like to add more trees to the battlemaps generated in the southeastern present-day US region. I'm not trying to make jungles here, but I feel that this region is too desolate, with just a few scant patches of trees, and large expanses of fields into the distance. This, simply, is not the case in real life for this region. I understand that battles of the period were fought in open fields if they could be, but I would just like to add somewhat larger tree covered areas to these battlemaps as a whole. If anyone could assist me with figuring this out, I would be greatly appreciative! Again, I don't want to make "custom maps", i just want to edit to randomly generated battlemaps from the campaign to spawn more trees than current.