Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total Warcast: E10S3

Default Re: Total Warcast: E19S2 Interview with CA

Great episode! Really nice to watch!

I don't mean to be rude or ungrateful or anything (Thanks for the podcast!) but really guys, what's the point of asking questions for which we already know the answers?! Don't get me wrong, there was some really new information, but come on, for 39 minutes, that was really poor. You could have fit in more questions(considering that you were speaking to Unit Design Lead), perhaps would be best if one person asked the questions so not to have moments where no one knows whose turn it is to speak. Most important of all, I don't see the point in asking questions that were already answered or the community already knows answers for. "Will there be politics in Rome II?", "Will we see Caesar and Hannibal?", "Will Rome II use Steam?" Really? Are these really good question choices? In any case, at least you did arrange an interview with CA and did get some new info, which is always good.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SughdianWarrior View Post
    I don't mean to be rude or ungrateful or anything (Thanks for the podcast!) but really guys, what's the point of asking questions for which we already know the answers?! Don't get me wrong, there was some really new information, but come on, for 39 minutes, that was really poor. You could have fit in more questions(considering that you were speaking to Unit Design Lead), perhaps would be best if one person asked the questions so not to have moments where no one knows whose turn it is to speak. Most important of all, I don't see the point in asking questions that were already answered or the community already knows answers for. "Will there be politics in Rome II?", "Will we see Caesar and Hannibal?", "Will Rome II use Steam?" Really? Are these really good question choices? In any case, at least you did arrange an interview with CA and did get some new info, which is always good.

Because we thought we could spare you 2 hours of Lusted saying "We'll release info at a later date"/"Can't say much about it right now". Apparently however none of you people listened at the beginning when Jack said this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I see where you're coming from but there's only so much one can ask, when a game is in an "alpha stage". There's no point asking questions on stuff the developer hasn't even decided upon themselves yet. It's only natural for this to be the case so early in development, and many games developers, wouldn't have even announced or discussed the game at all yet .

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Well you don't know for sure until you ask do you? And I personally would rather hear "Can't say much about it right now" in response to proper questions than hearing questions I and everybody else know the answers for. You don't get a chance to speak to CA staff every day, I was just surprised with the number and quality of questions you guys came up with.
    As you said, I guess this is because of the early pre-alpha stage of the game. I hope we'll get some more info in the next Warcast

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Well you don't know for sure until you ask do you?
    Nah it wasn't an assumption that was made. We checked beforehand what topics we could cover in terms of questions .

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Nah it wasn't an assumption that was made. We checked beforehand what topics we could cover in terms of questions .
    I see.

Letharius's Avatar Foederatus

I'm somewhat worried about how their approach to ''micromanagement'' seems to be consitantly negative and they seem to be working to remove as much of it as possible Its a strategy game? Isn't micromanagement a rather important part of it? Other then that; another great episode and it certainly throws fighterjet-fuel at my craving for the nect TW game!

...Oh and Norway's the best (not that its rellevant in any way)
    ''History does not remember evil men kindly, but I'll have you remember this! That without evil men you wouldn't have history altoghether. ''

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

A rather funny than informative Warcast! I don't imply anything about the questions since if you listen carefully you realize that the team already went through with the questions and they knew which one could be answered or not. Actually, at some point in the Warcast Jack says that he mistakenly skipped a page and didn't got the right answer for a question and from that one would know that everything was thoroughly prepared beforehand. I say it was funny because I actually laughed at some questions and answers that came up during the Warcast and I say it was worthwhile listening to, especially that having a CA member like Jack, who is an important figure in their staff, being the LEAD unit designer, actually came up and talked directly to the community. And considering that the game is still in the alpha stage, it's quite a surprise that they were willing to say anything at all. Great initiative with this Daily and great show everyone that has participated!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Thank You for the podcast. I am a professional announcer/public speaker by trade. I would appreciate each speaker identifying themselves each time in the future; example, "This is Gunny and the question is" and so on.
    One host (not sure who) asked about numbered legions but within a two part question. One part was anaswered but numbered Legions was not addressed by the lead designer. So, will there be numbered Legions as there were in RTW-BI?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

If you've listened to Warcasts in the past, it's easy to tell who is who.

Content Emeritus

I'm the one with the accent nobody can place
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Quote Originally Posted by DekuTrash View Post
    If you've listened to Warcasts in the past, it's easy to tell who is who.
    I have never listened before and there will be a first time for every listener. As a professional i was simply offering some professioanl advice. I thank you for you efforts and gave you plus rep.

I still have an unanswered question for your next podcast; will there be numbered legions in Rome II?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    I'm the one with the accent nobody can place
    Correct, I am well traveled globally and your accent escapes me.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Correct, I am well traveled globally and your accent escapes me.

It escapes even myself
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Quote Originally Posted by Letharius View Post
    I'm somewhat worried about how their approach to ''micromanagement'' seems to be consitantly negative and they seem to be working to remove as much of it as possible Its a strategy game? Isn't micromanagement a rather important part of it? Other then that; another great episode and it certainly throws fighterjet-fuel at my craving for the nect TW game!

...Oh and Norway's the best (not that its rellevant in any way)
    I agree on both points. I love Norway its a great country with wonderful people. I am American, but have visited many countries.

As for micromanagement, I agree. Its part of strategy and I don't want to lose it. TW is not just a battle game its a strategy game.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

For some reason, I don't believe when he said XP can play R2. I believe he meant XP users can install the game but can't actually play them.

Content Emeritus

He said they are trying to keep the same requirements as Shogun 2.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Nice interview Daily

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total Warcast: E20S2

Episode 20!
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot