Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total Warcast: E10S3

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default Re: Total Warcast: E15S2

Nice I'll be listening to this on the train tomorrow!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've heard Total Warcasts before with you alone, but I liked the one where you had good people like Dekutrash (good voice and good mic) with you much more.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    I've heard Total Warcasts before with you alone, but I liked the one where you had good people like Dekutrash (good voice and good mic) with you much more.

~Wille
    Yeah If I only could have such episodes every week. Sadly time zones and people real life commitments prevents me to make them like that. Hopefully the summer will bring more people willing to talk to me. Crossing fingers.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

He he, sounds sweet, Dag. Atleast TWC is international and it shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. One more tip, and this is mostly something to keep in the back of your mind: when you have people on your show that don't have the best microphone or connection, is to summarize what they just said clearly and slower after they've spoken. It's something you pick up on NRK (Norwegian radio). If not then you risk your listeners to float away from understanding the conversation.

Host: And we have Person 1 here too, now say hello.

Person 1: Hey, I'm Person 1.

Host: Tell us a little bid about what you do around TWC.

Person 1: Yeah, I've worked on a mod called Rome Tot#¤ R%r

Host: Rome Total Realism, now that's a great mod I've hear lot of excellent feedback on. Well done!
    Alternatively, just put up a link to what was talked about + the time it was said. This alternative is also a good incentive for guests to come on the Warcast, seeing as their activity is promoted in the open. This "advertisement" work just like the front page, people want their story told and their mod displayed.

And lastly, this being a preferance issue, I would love to hear more from local TWC news. Inside knowledge, speculations and all those goodies and perspectives. Both public events as well as mods. That's just me, anyway.

I think it's awesome that you guys just have a load of stuff to talk about. I mean, you guys just relax and chat with no time limit or commercials like other radio shows who only last for minutes. 15 minutes top. Overall, really great work man!

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; June 11, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    He he, sounds sweet, Dag. Atleast TWC is international and it shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. One more tip, and this is mostly something to keep in the back of your mind: when you have people on your show that don't have the best microphone or connection, is to summarize what they just said clearly and slower after they've spoken. It's something you pick up on NRK (Norwegian radio). If not then you risk your listeners to float away from understanding the conversation.

Alternatively, just put up a link to what was talked about + the time it was said. This alternative is also a good incentive for guests to come on the Warcast, seeing as their activity is promoted in the open. This "advertisement" work just like the front page, people want their story told and their mod displayed.

And lastly, this being a preferance issue, I would love to hear more from local TWC news. Inside knowledge, speculations and all those goodies and perspectives. Both public events as well as mods. That's just me, anyway.

I think it's awesome that you guys just have a load of stuff to talk about. I mean, you guys just relax and chat with no time limit or commercials like other radio shows who only last for minutes. 15 minutes top. Overall, really great work man!

~Wille
    Good point Wille, and I will try my best to summarize everything. Sometimes not even I can understand some of the people on there

I am trying my best to have more "TWC" news but sometimes I just don't have the time to dig anything. This is something I hope will change for the better in the future. Crossing fingers!

THANKS! Much appreciated!

Also: Episode 16!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Total Warcast: E16S2

Listening too it now, so far so good.

Brilliant work guys, really well done.

Daily, I want your voice! And I'll be watching out for you in the countryside.

+rep to the both of you.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; June 16, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    Daily, I want your voice! And I'll be watching out for you in the countryside.
    I don't know if I should be flattered or scared

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Good one guy. Keep it going.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daily View Post
    I don't know if I should be flattered or scared
    A bit of both...

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total Warcast: E17S2

Episode 17!

Very Nice

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Thoughts:
    1. I thought I sounded less Australian than that.
    2. I am wearing "Anton's Good Luck Charm", -20 to speech

Thanks for having me on, Daily . Now to go to sleep!
    Last edited by Akaie; June 25, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Thoughts:
    1. I thought I sounded less Australian than that.
    2. I am wearing "Anton's Good Luck Charm", -20 to speech
    Im norwegian. -40 to speech and -20 to charm.

Citizen

Blog Entries

A great episode Daily. +rep

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Great new episode! I'm really hoping for Rome 2 ^^ would love China TW as well though..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm enjoying episode 17.

"I have your whole record of you singing."

"If you... ahhh.. I'll hunt you down for that!"

haha, cracked me right up!

~Wille

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

We need a super secret team of ninja experts to track down that song .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    We need a super secret team of ninja experts to track down that song .
    Which can eradicate that abomination from the face of the earth. Stain on my honor that is.

Rero's Avatar Senator

Is the podcast available on itunes? If not i suggest making it so.
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rero View Post
    Is the podcast available on itunes? If not i suggest making it so.
    There will be the option of getting the podcast in MP3. Its in the works and should be available soon.