Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: TWC Map Game-Read OP Before Playing (UPLOAD MAP AS AN ATTACHMENT)

Default Re: TWC Map Game-Read OP Before Playing (UPLOAD MAP AS AN ATTACHMENT)

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Derpy Hooves♘ View Post
    Okay I am sick of this. You can't just peacefully get an area. So no, Top Hat you can't purchase the Panama Canal. Xenoneb you can't gain Wales freely. If you want someplace you are going to have to fight for it or make a long and drawn out explanation of why it is joining, otherwise then everyone would say "Haha I amz franz aljeria wants ta be a parrt of ar cuntry" It does not work that way. You might say "Oh but these people are just dying to be liberated." No, unless they are under repressive governments it does not work that way. Most people hate the changing of the status quo. Until then, this New Wales is not a part of the Italio-Germanic Federation, nor can the Panama canal be purchased.
    OOC: I am a federation, not a real country, and as such, I expand by treaties and other similar events. This is more realist then the conquer for todays day and age. Also, By doing this, I start a many day war with New UK. I have only 300,000 Troops, which is not enough for conquest. Russia has 10x that, it similar make up of population. I was trying to act out how My Country would. I'll cut down the size of Wales, and I will start the invasion of New UK

The nation of Wales, after starting a rebellion because of the increasingly dictatorial Churchill in 1948, has been struggling to fight back the forces of New UK. In early 2010, they came to the Italio-Germanic Federation to supply troops to there tried forces. After two years of talks, Wales has decided that the need help, and letting the IGF have was better then falling into NUK's hands. Part of this argument is to send 20,000 troops and the supporting goods to them in exchange for joining the Federation.
    Unfortunately, NUK has invaded Wales as a presurge attempt to win Wales before the Italio-Germanic forces arrive. In areas such as Liverpool and Plymouth, the Welsh have lost ground. They are down 5,634 troops dead, injured, or MIA
    Last edited by Xenoneb; April 05, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I have barely more than a Million atm, I will have about 2.5 Million soon though.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoneb View Post
    OOC: I am a federation, not a real country, and as such, I expand by treaties and other similar events. This is more realist then the conquer for todays day and age. Also, By doing this, I start a many day war with New UK. I have only 300,000 Troops, which is not enough for conquest. Russia has 10x that, it similar make up of population. I was trying to act out how My Country would. I'll cut down the size of Wales, and I will start the invasion of New UK

The nation of Wales, after rebellion for a increasingly dictatorial Churchill in 1948, has been struggling to fight back the forces of New UK. In early 2010, they came to the Italio-Germanic Federation to supply troops to there tried forces. After two years of talks, Wales has decided that to keep there National some what in tack under the Federation is better then falling into NUK's hands. Part of this argument is to send 20,000 troops and the supporting goods to them in exchange for joining the Federation. Also, NUK must not be allowed to gain more then 200 miles and keep them for more then a month.
    Unfortunately, NUK has invaded Wales as a presurge attempt to win Wales before the Italio-Germanic forces arrive. In areas such as Liverpool and Plymouth, the Welsh have lost ground. They are down 5,634 troops dead, injured, or MIA
    No. You can't just receive Wales in a peaceful settlement. MIT honestly makes little sense as to why they would be okay with being a part of your country. The way I see it, your country is not even a federation, the US and Germany are federations and they are more united than your own country. Your country is a loose confederation. Now I would be more willing to accept Wales bing a part of your confederation IF it was in Germany or Italy. As we all know that isn't true. It makes absolutely no sense why Wales would want to be a part of a Italian/German confederation.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Exactly. I mean, we don't really conquer things anymore. That's not how it works.

Hell, we don't really use massive amounts of tanks and men anymore. The line between espionage and warfare is very blured nowadays. 14 highly trained spec-ops troops are far more useful than 100 tanks.

But, for the sake of the game...

(I'll post my actions in the game later. I've got stuffs to do right now/ I can't think of anything.)

@Derpy: He's not getting it for free! He now has to fight a war against the UK, where he didn't before.
    Last edited by ♘Top Hat Zebra; April 04, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

If a WW3 broke out and If Nukes were not allowed then we would see massive armies of Tanks/Artillery again, just with the cost of modern warfare and how Its mostly for Urban and Anti Guerilla warfare.

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

That's just not really how the US, at least, fights anymore.

Not since Vietnam, I believe.

(But, for the sake of the game, it's best we fight like that. It would be boring trying to RP a million 5-man squads...)
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

If you wanted to take vast swathes of territory like we are you would need a Traditional Army, you can't conquer and Pacify a country with a squad of men.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Exactly. I mean, we don't really conquer things anymore. That's not how it works.

Hell, we don't really use massive amounts of tanks and men anymore. The line between espionage and warfare is very blured nowadays. 14 highly trained spec-ops troops are far more useful than 100 tanks.

But, for the sake of the game...

(I'll post my actions in the game later. I've got stuffs to do right now/ I can't think of anything.)

@Derpy: He's not getting it for free! He now has to fight a war against the UK, where he didn't before.
    Well unless you can provide me with plenty of examples of people in the late 20th to 21st century achieved the taking of territories with absolutely no war involved then perhaps.
    Also it still makes no sense for Wales to join an Italian/German confederation. They have absolutely nothing in common. The only player country Wales would be likely to join is mine, considering how Bretons have more in common with Welsh than an Italian or German.

@Top Hat
    Wars have not been fought using massive armies since Vietnam because there hasnt been a need to. The US has been up against third rate militaries ever since the Korean War. Massive troops were needed in Vietnam to be able to protect every area from VC and NVA.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; April 04, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Also, most people want to be independent even If they are better off in a bigger country, for example Basque.

It is close to the Holy Roman Empire, in the fact that it is a loose collection that, in this case, happens to be working together well. It's the Italio-Germanic Federation just as the Holy Roman Empire was such. It was neither holy nor Roman. Yet it was called that. What other problem do you have in it?
    Also, to give an example of peaceful annexation through diplomacy, look at Hitler and the Sudetenland area.
    Last edited by Xenoneb; April 04, 2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Derpy Hooves♘ View Post
    Well unless you can provide me with plenty of examples of people in the late 20th to 21st century achieved the taking of territories with absolutely no war involved then perhaps.
    Also it still makes no sense for Wales to join an Italian/German confederation. They have absolutely nothing in common. The only player country Wales would be likely to join is mine, considering how Bretons have more in common with Welsh than an Italian or German.

@Top Hat
    Wars have not been fought using massive armies since Vietnam because there hasnt been a need to. The US has been up against third rate militaries ever since the Korean War. Massive troops were needed in Vietnam to be able to protect every area from VC and NVA.

I didn't say there was no war. I said we didn't conquer things anymore. I mean, can you even imagine what would happen if the US planted a flag in Iraq and claimed it as part of the US? Bad things. Bad things would happen.

You have a point, there is no need for massive amounts of men anymore. But that wouldn't work, anyway.

If you are marching a large amount of men across any type of distance, you are going to be blown to peices long before you even encounter the enemy. Hell, I can shoot you with a missle from the other side of the world.

It just wouldn't work with today's technology.

(Oh, also, the Germans supplied Ireland with weapons during WW1, so it's not so crazy to see the Welsh join a German alliance, in order to fight the English.)

EDIT: Oh, a good example would be Hawaii. Hawaii is the newest state, and it was taken without any war.
    Last edited by ♘Top Hat Zebra; April 04, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

The welsh have been pacified for the last few hundred years, they neither want nor need to be split from Britain.

It is close to the Holy Roman Empire, in the fact that it is a loose collection that, in this case, happens to be working together well. It's the Italio-Germanic Federation just as the Holy Roman Empire was such. It was neither holy nor Roman. Yet it was called that. What other problem do you have in it?
    HRE is a confederation. I'm just calling it how I see it.

@TopHat
    Well that is because they were already enemies. This Italian/German country is not already at war with the UK.
    The German Empire did that to undermine Great Britains control over Ireland. According to Xenoneb, Wales is independent of the UK, so your example is not a good one at all.

Hawaii's government was overthrown with help from a company of US marines, do you know who wanted them to be overthrown? Foreigners. European/American businessmen. And that happened in the 19th Century. Your example fails on two counts.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; April 04, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

My country is there to support those who wish for no war, e.g. The Welsh against NUK. And about the name, I'm already part ways into france. Should I call it the Italio-Frankish-Germanic Federation? And I have Prussia to. How about the Prussio-Italio-Franco-Germanic Federation? See why it stayed that way? Read my original post and you see that that is only in there because of the demands of Rome, not because of any real reason.

Call it the Imperialist Federation.

GLORIOUS RUSSI ha decided to share our Motto with the rest of the world.
    Motto:RUSSIA

Such a nice motto, glorious Allies.

Our people live all their lives speaking RUSSIAN, praying RUSSIAN, and eating RUSSIAN. Our population is extremely RUSSIAN.

My country is there to support those who wish for no war, e.g. The Welsh against NUK. And about the name, I'm already part ways into france. Should I call it the Italio-Frankish-Germanic Federation? And I have Prussia to. How about the Prussio-Italio-Franco-Germanic Federation? See why it stayed that way? Read my original post and you see that that is only in there because of the demands of Rome, not because of any real reason.
    It still makes little sense for Wales to join you. Fine, you can defend them but in no ways would they be a part of your country. Like Ferdiad said, countries like to remain independent. If you want Wales without having to fight the Welsh, you are going to have to present to me a better case.
    Oh wait, I just remembered something from the OP
    However, realism will still be applied to the game. Natives still have soldiers, it takes time to move around the map, people still rebel, it takes time to build armies and destroy your enemies that sort of thing. No more "I take 5 million people with no deaths after two hours of fighting black people!", no more "sneak attack blitzkriegs", no more "peaceful takeovers" of empty parts of the map or "allying" with empty spaces. Fairness will reign!
    So in that case, you can't have that agreement with Wales (Wales being an empty space), nor do you take Wales peacefully.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

Finland is now connected from Baltic Sea to Arctic Ocean, and The Maiden of Finland has gained her left arm.