Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: TWC Map Game-Read OP Before Playing (UPLOAD MAP AS AN ATTACHMENT)

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: TWC Map Game-Read OP Before Playing (UPLOAD MAP AS AN ATTACHMENT)

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie View Post
    OOC: Go on then Ciloron, tell us .
    1281, duke Charles II Idonis dies at an age of 54. His son, Nicolas Idonis, 20 years old, starts a campaign to expand the Idonian borders into the lands now known as Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia and Djibouti. His son, Timothy Idonis, expands even further into Malawi and much of Mozambique. Timothy dies in 1375 in attempt to conquer a part of South Sudan, but his son succeeds one year later and rules over Idonia at it's greatest extent and renames the Duchy of Idonia to the Grand-Duchy of Idonia.

OOC: Hmm, looks cool. You have a good RP but it's a shame we haven't heard any of it for your campaigns. It'd be nice to know who you are fighting and how you have defeated them so far, because your faction is pretty cool.

Edit: In fact, I'm going to do so myself, because I realise I haven't described things much.

A brief overview of the situation in the Caucasus thus-far.

The Rostovian Hegemony has become by far the greatest regional power out of all of the new states formed around the ex-oblasts and republics of the short-lived Russian Federation. Shortly after its birth it acquired Volgograd oblast, which was united to it by personal allegiance to the Hegemon himself, a native of that region. With large foundries and a stockpile of Federal weaponry at its disposal, the Hegemony quickly started to expand, flexing its muscles at other nearby oblasts, most of which had become isolationist. Short wars were fought with Saratov and Voronezh, and parts of their land were integrated into the Hegemony.

In 1999, Stavropol invaded the weaker, but wealthy coastal republic of Astrakhan, and the latter appealed to the protection of the Hegemony, which was granted. The Stavropolians were humiliatingly forced away from the land by swift Rostovian intervention, commanded personally by Hegemon Bagration himself. Since then, Astrakhan has been a suzerain of the Hegemony, although it provides far more in funds than it does in manpower.

Reeling from its defeat, Stavropol has always been bitter, and has since gathered support from its neighbours, in particular the powerful Krasnodar, itself feeling hemmed-in by Rostovian expansionism. In 2012, when the Rostovian Legion has reached the peak of its power and is massing troops on its border with Krasnodar, the leaders of five states formed a coalition with the aim of defending their interests by reducing the power of the Hegemony. Although they are outnumbered, they possess superior funding and weapons technology, using newer generation weaponry compared to Soviet-standard equipment favoured by the Rostovians. Krasnodar is supplying the bulk of the UCR's manpower, and it is in this region that victory or defeat will be decided.
    Last edited by Inkie; March 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

OOC: I had a testweek so I didnt have much time but I will soon give a summary of events in my next post

Thx btw

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Icon7 Re: TWC Map Game-Read OP Before Playing (UPLOAD MAP AS AN ATTACHMENT)

Sorry guys. Lost track of time last night and am now on my iPhone. The PvP rules are done. Basically it will be decided by dice. There are several different dice rolls. Attack roll, invasion roll, counter invasion roll, defense roll, and a territorial penetration roll. All rolls will be done by either me or an unnamed colleague (who will not be named so people don't complain).
    Here is what happens. Let's pretend for example that today Mysterious F declared war on Lyra and their borders are connected to each other.
    1. Mysterious F will PM me how many men and at which areas on Lyra's border he is attacking with.
    2. I or my colleague will roll an invasion roll. The roll decides if Mysterious F was able to take Lyra's forces completely by surprise. This roll does not have any modifiers.
    3. If the invasion roll is successful then I or my colleague will roll a territorial penetration roll that determines how many pixel of Lyra's territory on the map the Mysterious F is able to recolor. I or my colleague will tell the Mysterious F how many pixels then he can recolor them and upload the new modified map. NOTE: you can only color pixels that are connected to your border. You also should recolor in a strategic manner, so no straight thin lines that goes all the way to the enemy capital, as that would cause a logistical nightmare foryour army and they would find themselves surrounded very easily.
    4. Regardless of whether the invasion roll was successful, Lyra (the one being invaded) will have a counter invasion roll. This works almost exactly the same as the invasion roll except there are going to be modifiers. Only a few modifiers though, such as if you are outnumbered a point will be subtracted from your dice roll (to a minimum of 1). Like the invasion roll, if the counter invasion roll is successful then there will be a territorial penetration roll. This means that Lyra has a chance of not only repulsing all of Mysterious F's invasion force but also it means that Lyra can occupy some of the Mysterious F's territory.
    5. Now steps 1-4 was for the first day. So if the Mysterious F actually attacked Lyra today on March 30th, then the next step takes place on the 31st.
    6. Now that the war has begun it is time for the regular attacks. Now whichever combatant PMs me first on the 31st will have the first attack on that day. So let's say Lyra PMed me first. Lyra is the attacker, so in that PM Lyra will have told me with how much soldiers she is attacking and where. So I or my colleague rolls the attack and defense roll. For Lyra, an attack roll, Mysterious F, a defense roll. Both will be affected by modifiers (numbers, outnumbered, morale, quality of soldiers, is defender dug in?, military specialty, etc.). If the attacker wins the roll then there will be a territorial penetration roll. Also a casualty result will be PMed to the combatants, casualty figures will depend on the results of the attack and defense rolls.
    7. Since Lyra has just attacked, it will be Mysterious F's turn to attack unless he does not want to. Just like how it happened in step 6, Mysterious F will have an attack roll and Lyra a defense roll. If Mysterios F is successful then a territorial penetration roll and Mysterious F recolors that many pixels on the map that Lyra occupies.
    8. Steps 6 and 7 took place on the 31st, it is now April 1st. Just like what happened on the 31st, the first person to PM me will attack first etc.
    9. Step 8 is repeated until the war is over. So if find yourself losing I suggest doing everything you can to make peace. And if you are being stubborn in peace negotiations then you better change or your entire country might just be annexed.

Those are the rules. The war between the Baltic Union and her allies vs Glorious Russia and her allies)(?) will be reset with Ferdiad's invasion of the Baltic Union (unless Ferdiad has decided not to do the war).
    If you have any questions concerns or conundrums please PM me. If you haven't yet, PM me the size of your army and the locations of all of the places where your army is.

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

OOC: i think you should update the op

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    @Kameradan, every Reserve unit I have Is stationed in St. Petersburg, I can't remember the exact figure but its 600K+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutty By Nature View Post
    Remember that my Northern army is joining up with his and attacking St. Petersburg.]
    I haven't talked anything about St. Petersburg, I said I'm taking the Karelian Isthmus back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal04 View Post
    Turkey wants to be Ally with Finland.
    Excellent.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 30, 2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Double Post

IIBS Newsupdate:

Due to recent bombings the IIBS wasn't able to bring any news to the outer world. We sincerely apologize for this incident and we hope this shall never happen again.

We will summarize the events happened during the time we missed broadcasting:

March 27 2012:
    Parts of Burundi and Rwanda fell into the hands of the African Alliance. Company 3 trapped in the besieged city of Bukavu. Idonia conquers Kisumu.

March 28 1012:
    Bukavu set free. Idonia pushes onward to Tanga, conquering Tanga and Mombasa in the process.

March 29 1012:
    Nairobi conquered by Idonia.

March 30 1012 (today):
    Idonia presses on, in the south conquering Tunduma, in the north conquering Gulu and Unyama

I'm on my iPhone, I can't update the OP at the moment.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Well, derpy, pretty good rules. But there's this thing, i do not share borders with Ferdiad, but i do have an army at the border. Can i take land? And can i only attack areas myself or can i support my allies? and also, what if i were to engage like 20.000 tanks without AA defense with my bombers. Would i get a bonus?
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Kill-A-Lot View Post
    Well, derpy, pretty good rules. But there's this thing, i do not share borders with Ferdiad, but i do have an army at the border. Can i take land? And can i only attack areas myself or can i support my allies? and also, what if i were to engage like 20.000 tanks without AA defense with my bombers. Would i get a bonus?
    I would say that you can't take land, but you CAN support yor ally. You just need to tell me in a PM how many soldiers and where they are going. However they will have to be transported by boat, since the land between you two is occupied by neutral NPCs.

This is cool, it favours private cooperation between allies so that they can combine their forces.

Allied soldiers who are coming from land not connected to where the war is being fought will not have their own attack rolls instead their numbers will be added to their allies army when an attack or defense roll is rolled.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; March 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Hannibal04's Avatar Miles
    First Capital of the Ottomans.But I'm from Ottomans mortal enemy.Beylik of Karaman

We started to Invading Libya.
    We will make Libya a Turkish colony.

We are attacking Libyan Coas with 12 Destroyer Ships and Anatolian Troops(80.000 infantries)
    We will take this coast and deploy our soldiers here.
    We will build a castle here to use for Libyan invasion.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Libyan People can work in Turkish Oil Companies.
    They can continue to their own life.
    We will never going to kill or hurt any civilians here.
    Libya will be rising country under the Turkish hegemony.

@Hannibal
    Too much territory in one day. Edit the map to make it less.

RRN embedded journalist reports: Day 2 of the struggle sees Rostovian troops making ther first incursions into Kalmykia, a Republic of less than 300 000 people. WIth their army in disarray and continuously harried by our victorious Air Force as they retreat, the Kalmykians are as good as defeated, yet the Hegemony will not treat with them until we have them on their knees. Advancing Legion columns should reach the capital, Elista, in a few days.

More fighting today along the Stavropolian border has seen the Legion temporarily pushed back. It will form a second defensive line between the Don and Volga rivers, where our generals predict the UCR mechanized assault should exhaust itself. Our airborne elements are being held back due to high losses on this front against UCR ZPU's and mobile AAV's.

Despite this relative UCR advance in the centre, the Krasnodan frontier - south of the Hegemonic City - is not being moved an inch due to stiff resistance from the brave soldiers of the Hegemonic Legion. The Hegemon himself is encouraging the soldiers, and in an adress this morning stated that "the superior equipment of the perfidious Krasnodans is worth nothing faced with sheer bravery. Forth to victory my children." In addition, the 4th Army tasked with attacking the Krasnodan rear has made stellar progress throughout the night, and today continues is westward march, capturing supply depots and reserve units almost without a fight. the Air Force has been sent in advance and has already raided barracks and rally points for the UCR, causing havoc in their lines which will surely stall any efforts to counter this decisive push.
    Last edited by Inkie; March 30, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Hawaii would like an alliance with Finland.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

This game has become more of a chore then Fun. This type of game should be played in something like HoI III.

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

A PEACE TREATY IS SIGNED WITH THE 3S

Yesterday peace was reached in Madrid, after the armies of the 2 nations not being able to move, witch led to stalemate. In Sardinia the troops could not move further due to the mountainous nature and guerrilla warfare tactics. The local population, friendly at first, started being hostile after the long state of war and lack of food. The air raids to Sicily failed, as Anti-aircraft weapons and their own air force made this attacks extremely risky and too costly. The borders between SLR and Spain are going to be roughly the same as before the war. Spain will have to pay 1% of their GDP as an war reparations. There is a clause in the treaty that predicts a peace of at least 5 years.
    King Pedro as already stated that they will develop their airplane industry both military and civil.
    Last edited by the mysterious F; March 30, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Hannibal04's Avatar Miles
    First Capital of the Ottomans.But I'm from Ottomans mortal enemy.Beylik of Karaman

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Derpy Hooves♘ View Post
    @Hannibal
    Too much territory in one day. Edit the map to make it less.
    I took only libyan coast today ?
    And bombed Russia,did not invaded ?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I have not sent my Turn/decided to continue playing so you might want to hold off.