Thread: Question on comments

Default Question on comments

Hi everyone,

recently I've inspected a model from another mod, MAre Nostrum, and noted that there are several items on the unit which are made up if own groups. That's quite normal, I know - what I'm wondering about is: do you need an own animation if you build up new groups which are not identical with one of the vanilla groups (i.e. peasent_body_01, Head_01, arms, legs_skin etc)? For example: I've got my model and want to add a shoulder strap and sword. Til now, I would have modelled the strap and then merged it with the "peansent_body" group. This has consequences for the comment of course. In Mare Nostrum, the same thing had its own group, and the comment looked like this:
    crossbelt01
    crossbelt01

In my case, it would have to look like this:
    shoulderstrap_1
    sholuderstrap_1

Would that work? Don't know how to do animations for every piece of equipment otherwise.

Default Re: Question on comments

Forget the problem, I've found the solution. Comments have nothing to do with animations; don't know why I thought that

Default Re: Question on comments

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Secundus View Post
    Forget the problem, I've found the solution. Comments have nothing to do with animations; don't know why I thought that
    Actually it does have to do something with animations. But only matters if the group is a primary or a secondary weapon. Only the weapon comments are connected to animations. The game needs to know which group should be replaced with the other, when the unit changes its animation set, for example when an archer unit is ordered to get in a melee charge!

Besides that, it absolutely no matter what the group name is. Yo can have anything you want. example:

You have five different heads. You can add as group name whatever

Code:
    Watermelone
    pumpkin_01
    The important part is that the other groups have to have the same main group name(Watermelone) and the other four groups needs a serialization number. like pumpkin_02, pumpkin_03..etc

The "0" just determines that its a group wich always show up but with many variations.
    If you add "1", that group might won't show up!

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>