Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Default Re: Third Age encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghan-bur-ghan View Post
    @ ElvenKind. It worked! Thanks so much!
    I`m glad it worked. Enjoy TATW world!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Foederatus

I'm just wondering, is patch 1.5 the same as 1.05?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Hmm, do you mean for the TATW or for a submod? The current version of TATW is 3.2, so if you're using 1.5 you're missing out on a lot of features.

Foederatus

no, I mean for kingdoms. I've heard a lot of talk about v 1.5 and v 1.05, are they the same?

I only know of 1.5 and not 1.05. You can see all patches here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96588

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

If you open the options menu from the main menu, it will display the version of M2TW being run in the top right corner. v1.04 is Kingdoms without the last patch, v1.05 is the most up to date version of Kingdoms.
    These version are often referred to as versions 1.4 and v1.5.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

AAARRRGGHH!!!!

No i'm not a troll ..just angry after trying to play TATW AFTER setting Daylight savings in W7 only to find Battles crash continually.

WHY!!!

WHY!!!

WHY!!!

.. does daylight savings effect TATW .. it smells like a VIRUS!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Do you mean you have daylight savings time disabled or enabled?Try deleting these two files in both the Third age data folder and the main M2TW data folder:

descr_georgraphy_new data base file
    descr_georgraphy_new text document

ok, thanks, that worked.

maybe not a virus.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Hey guys,

i have the same issue. But deleting descr_georgraphy_new data and descr_georgraphy_new does not fix it. Is there anything else i can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosenroller View Post
    Hey guys,

i have the same issue. But deleting descr_georgraphy_new data and descr_georgraphy_new does not fix it. Is there anything else i can do?
    Hi there and welcome to the TWC Forums!

Well, you need to give us more info about your problem:

1. What were you doing when your problem occured: started a battle and it CTD, started TATW with your shortcut and it CTD, just had chosen a Faction to play with and it kicks you back to game menu etc...?

2. Is your M2TW Steam version, GameStop or retail, DVD? You hcan confirm M2TW and Kingdoms work normally?

3.What Windows do you have, XP, Vista or 7?

4. Have you installed all parts of the game in the same place in your M2TW ( Third Age 3.0 part 1 0f 2, Third Age 3.0 part 2 0f 2, Third Age Patch 3.1, Third Age Patch 3.2)?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ok. The error appears during battles. Not during all but some. I have the DVD version of M2TW Kingdoms and the standard game works normally. I think my installation is correct, the whole mod is installed in the total war mods folder.
    I have installed Third Age 3.0, the 3.1 patch and the 3.2 patch and i use Windows 7.
    The strange thing is that it worked fine for weeks, but suddenly i have these errors without changing anything.

Ok. The error appears during battles. Not during all but some. I have the DVD version of M2TW Kingdoms and the standard game works normally. I think my installation is correct, the whole mod is installed in the total war mods folder.
    I have installed Third Age 3.0, the 3.1 patch and the 3.2 patch and i use Windows 7.
    The strange thing is that it worked fine for weeks, but suddenly i have these errors without changing anything.
    Try to disable daylight saving settings, for Win 7, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`.

And you can also try to delete desc_geography_new.DataBase and descr_geography_new.TXT file, they are to be found in \data folder.

Changing the saving settings doesn't help. But i have no desc_geography_new.DataBase and descr_geography_new.TXT.

Changing the saving settings doesn't help. But i have no desc_geography_new.DataBase and descr_geography_new.TXT.
    Hm, perhapse there is an issue with Virtual Store: go and see is there a Third_Age_3 folder in virtual store C:\Users\[user name or your PC`s name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x?)\Medieval 2 Total War\mods (if u can`t find it, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059). If it is there, delete it.
    If that doesn`t work, go to Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base and delete map.rwm file.

There was no folder. Deleting the file map.rwm doesn't help.

There was no folder. Deleting the file map.rwm doesn't help.
    Ok, try this, go here and look in section HOW TO FIX IT and APPLY STEP 3.

Thanks for your help so far. Tried point 3. But also doesn't change the problem.

Thanks for your help so far. Tried point 3. But also doesn't change the problem.
    Do those battles which gave you errors include reinforcements on either side, yours or the enemy`s?

Yes, the latest one with a big reinforcement of Mordor(enemy).