Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Third Age encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Third Age encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Did you get the last Military Report? No submods installed?
    No submods installed. I didn't get the last military report and I am on round 280...

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    No submods installed. I didn't get the last military report and I am on round 280...
    Have you made any changes in your files?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Yes, I deleted the rmw files in maps and the two geography files...

Seriously? Nobody?

hi I have just downloaded the 1.6.1 mos for third age and when the loading screen comes up it says medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit plz help me

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    Seriously? Nobody?
    Your installation probably got corrupted, I would reinstall if I were you..
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan8398 View Post
    hi I have just downloaded the 1.6.1 mos for third age and when the loading screen comes up it says medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit plz help me
    Hmm, this is not exactly a thread for helping with installation of submods, but this one is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

There are instructions for MOS 1.6.1.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Your installation probably got corrupted, I would reinstall if I were you..

Hmm, this is not exactly a thread for helping with installation of submods, but this one is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

There are instructions for MOS 1.6.1.
    its ok thanks I fixed it myself there is one more thing I started a campaign with the dwarfs and it was running fine until I got to a battle a night all the battles I done before where ok but the battle at night crashed and said unspecified error plz help

Quote Originally Posted by ryan8398 View Post
    its ok thanks I fixed it myself there is one more thing I started a campaign with the dwarfs and it was running fine until I got to a battle a night all the battles I done before where ok but the battle at night crashed and said unspecified error plz help
    If you want help with bugs and crashes, post about it in MOS thread, even though, you have an obsolete version and I don`t think anyone can help you with that.

If I were you, I would install MOS 1.6.2 Standalone version ( it means you will need to download MOS 1.6.2 version which does not need any previous version, and install 1.6.2 bugfixes as well ). You can also find instructions in my Installation thread.

I'm getting this Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. I've downloaded it, and have the kingdoms and regular via steam. This mod was about half the reason I wanted the game. I did delete that one file noted at the beginning of this thread. didn't seem to help. I would really love to play this game. Any help would be apreceated. I did download both patches also.

also, not using any submods. I may try them later. But for know would just love to get the game working!

What seems to be the problem: Your battles crash, or, you can't start a campaign with any faction, or, you can't even start this mod ? And, what Windows do you have?

I can't start the mod itself. Everything else works, Original, the other 4 mods. (I think, I havn't bothered with two of he cause I have no interest in playing the other two.) I did the step by step instruction, downloading and Installing. I Click on to start it. It comes up with a picture of the White city, with some writing, Third Age, total war, 3.0 . After a few seconds it happens.

Windows 8

Use these steps to reinstall: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13744280

Good luck!

This has probably been answered somewhere in this thread but I'm getting the unspecified error that crashes my game every time I try and actually play a battle. I have windows 8, I have 3.0, no extra stuff attached, no updates for the mod, I deleted the map.r, I deleted the string files in data/text, and it still crashes. I tried the 3.2 first because it was the most recent but when I tried that one it didn't give me a file or shortcut to launch the app from so I just deleted it and downloaded the 3.0 part 1 and 2.

Same for me on Win7. I tried the clock thing, deleting the files as specified, it always crashes after a few dozens of seconds of battle. Any idea?

Edited: I rebooted. I did the SAME battle twice. (but for two swapped units) . First one worked. Second one crashed.
    Last edited by KuroKen; June 11, 2014 at 02:24 PM.

Nvm, did some tinkering and now I can't even get to the main menu. As soon as I launch the app I get the error. Idk if it's a compatibility issue for windows 8 or what. Any help would be nice.

Hey, I'm using Third Age with Divide and Conquer, When I try to choose a faction I watch their intro go into loading and the game crashes with unspecified error. I've tried reinstalling several times, disabling UAC, uninstaling the map.rmv or whatever it was all to no avail. Here is a log of what happens, it seems to be a problem with export_descr_building.txt, I'm not sure how to fix this it would be great if you could get back to me as soon as possible.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

00:22:27.767 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:22:27.767 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    00:22:27.770 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:22:27.771 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:22:27.772 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:22:27.773 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:22:27.773 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:22:27.773 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:22:30.910 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction timurids has gap in building prior to huge_stone_wall
    00:22:30.910 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction teutonic_order has gap in building prior to huge_stone_wall
    Building DB error - faction aztecs has gap in building prior to huge_stone_wall
    Building DB error - faction timurids has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction timurids has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    00:22:30.911 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    00:22:30.911 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction teutonic_order has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction teutonic_order has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction aztecs has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction aztecs has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction england has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction england has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction poland has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction poland has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction france has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction france has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction hre has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction hre has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction portugal has gap in building prior to fortress
    00:22:30.912 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction portugal has gap in building prior to citadel
    00:22:30.912 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction ents has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ents has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    00:22:42.581 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6542, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(505, 482) for the settlement of Forodwaith.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    00:22:48.047 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/americas/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 664, column 26
    Model database failed to load model models_strat/palantir_selector.cas.
    00:22:48.264 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

PaDrE's Avatar Laetus

Hi everyone,i have complete install TATW and everything was normal...But i tried to change one region name,and create info for this region. After that i can open the game but can't start campaign. Need some .txt files to repair game:
    export_descr_buildings.txt ;export_buildings.txt ;imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt ;decr_regions ;
    descr_mercenaries ;descr_win_conditions

" Hi everyone,i have complete install TATW and everything was normal...But i tried to change one region name,and create info for this region. After that i can open the game but can't start campaign. Need some .txt files to repair game:
    export_descr_buildings.txt ;export_buildings.txt ;imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt ;decr_regions ;
    descr_mercenaries ;descr_win_conditions "

you posted this in another thread and I tried to give a possible fix...http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post13972012

Sorry, I messed up the quote of your post here....
    Last edited by scdandme; July 21, 2014 at 07:39 PM.