Thread: [VLE: 1820] Sign-Up Thread

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default [VLE: 1820] Sign-Up Thread

Format:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Portrait: (Not needed, but encouraged)
    Name:
    (keep your age updated every turn BTW)

Political Alignment: (Either Los Liberales or Los Realistas)
    Noble titles: (only if you have them)
    Banner: (If you're a noble, regardless of rank you're entitled to a coat of arms - you might want to spoiler it, though)

Ethnicity:
    Biography:
    (Get creative here! I want to see good, well-written Bios that are at least a paragraph or two long)
    Money: (Keep track of this, a lot. I cannot stress the importance of making sure your bank account is up to date in this game, where personal funds will be extremely important)

Political Alignments:

Spanish and their variations -
    • Castillian/Leonese - You are what can be considered a "true" Spaniard. You come from the northern/central part of Spain and can range from Madrid and Toledo to the south to Salamanca in the west to Burgos in the east and Valladolid in the north. If you are a noble, you can most likely trace your ancestry to a Christian Knight during the Reconquista.
    • Galician/Austurian/Cantabrian - You hail from the northwestern mountains of Spain. You might still be a little angry with the destruction of the brief Galician nation in 1812 but for the most part you have returned to normal life. The rough winters here have made you hardened and rough, yet proud to be a Galician.
    • Catalonian - You come from the eastern corner of Iberia from Barcelona to Valencia. You have some cultural differences from the Castillians in the west which sometimes cause problems. Many of your fellow Iberians hate you for being aligned with the French during the occupation of the Peninsula between 1808 and 1814. You might still possibly be a Bonapartist in hiding.
    • Andalusian - You come from the hot lands at the southern bottom of Spain. You are still considered the least Spanish thanks to Andalusia being the land of the Moors until the end of the Reconquista. You are eyed with the most suspicion by the Spanish Inquisition. You also most likely hold some Moorish ancestry, which doesn't make the situation better. However, nobody is harder than an Andalusian from the harsh near-desert conditions of your homeland. Also, because you on the lower social rung of the Peninsulares, many Americanos like you more as they more empathetic to you.
    • Americano - You come from the Americas, and you are most likely one of the Creoles who are still completely European. You are regarded a notch lower socially than those born in the Peninsula. You can also be mixed African or Native American, but you are regarded even lower than the Creoles.
    • Basque - You come from the northeast corner of Spain. You are simple and quiet, but when you are angered your Celtic roots push you to a great rage and fury. You are angry for being pushed to the side and being unfairly represented.
    • Irish - You or your ancestors left your green homeland to escape Religious persecution by the English and were welcomed with open arms in Spain.
    Foreign Ethnicities (Please ask me first before you make a foreign character):
    • American - Not to be confused with Americanos. You come from the United States of America.
    • British - You come from the British Isles except Ireland. Most likely you live in Spain for political or economic reasons, or you were a soldier in the Peninsular War and decided to stay in the country.
    • French - You are from France. Many of the Spanish are suspicious of you, remembering the French invasion of their country years ago.
    • Portuguese - Spain's mutually hated neighbor. You were most likely either kicked out of Portugal or got over your nationalistic hatred of the Spanish to live in Spain anyway.
    • Other - Germans, Italians, Greeks, Scandinavians, Poles, Russians etc.

Political Alignments:

• Los Realistas - You are a Realista, or Royalist and you most likely support Fernando VII. You support reactionary policies and desire to further the monarchy. You fiercely oppose the Liberales and you are afraid of them, fearing what happened to France after their Revolution will happen again in Spain. It is also possible that you support another claim to the throne of Spain, be it some other European family like the Habsburgs or Hohenzollerns, the royal claim of a non-royal person like that of Sancho I and his week-long reign in 1812, or maybe you are even a Bonapartist that has hidden your true opinions since 1814.
    • Los Liberales - You are a Liberal. You are part of an ever-growing trend in Europe in support of the ideals of the Enlightenment. Ironically, many of your views stem from France and the ideas they spread to the country during their occupation years ago. At the same time, it was the Cortes in Cadiz that was established to rule Spain in the King's absence to fight France that let those Liberal ideas have a chance in a non-Bonapartist Spain. You are in support of the Constitution of 1812 and you hate Fernando VII and his Realistas for killing the Constitution. Only now 6 years later have you had a chance to re-emerge again in Spanish politics.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: [VLE: 1820] Sign-Up Thread

Name: Sancho II Panza
    Date of birth & Age: July 4th, 1800 (20)

Political Alignment: Los Nationalistas (Realistas)
    Noble titles: King of Spain (Self-proclaimed) - Hidalgo
    Banner:

Ethnicity: Castillian Spanish
    Biography: The bastard son of King Sancho I Panza, he upholds his father's old ideals of self-government under a Parliament and a King together. He maintains also the old Nationalistic ideals. Not much is known besides that two years ago he declared himself King of Spain, and since has led a band of 'Nationalistas' - Royalists with liberal ideals.
    Money: 1,500 (I guess)
    Last edited by Agamemnon; March 25, 2012 at 06:59 AM.

He might be a self-proclaimed King and Guerrilla leader, but I guess his rank would be a Hidalgo.

And Royalists with Liberal Ideals? That is an oxy moron.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; March 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I know. Remember though Panza I's speeches - he's a Constitutional Monarchist, who wanted to restore the Bourbons but have a parliament. This guy wants himself to be King, and the parliament.

Name: Antonio Alvarez
    Date of birth & Age: June 6, 1796 (31)

Political Alignment: Los Liberales
    Banner: (The flag of the Galician Republic)

Ethnicity: Galician
    Biography: Alvarez. A name well known by even the most lowly Galician peasant. The story of how a certain Antonio Alvarez raised a ragtag band of farmers which defeated the French occupation in the baking summer of 1812 has become Galician folklore. Oddly enough the large British contingent that helped destroy the French armies in the region has been left out of the history books.

Alvarez was the son of a small Galician landowner. Not a particularly wealthy family, but comfortable by the standards of the time. During the French invasion he fled into the hills with a band of followers, and harassed the French from there. Although he had some successes, with the French deciding that the small area Alvarez operated in wasn't worth occupying, it was not until the British arrived, under one Richard Sharpe, that he began to experience true victories. French units were defeated at A Pena and Peteiros and pulled back to Corruna. Alvarez by this point had built up a legendary reputation, with hundreds of disenfranchised Galicians flocking to his banner. With the crowds cheering he raised the flag of an independent Galician Republic over the Cathedral of Santiago De Compostela.

Alvarez then led his burgeoning army North, and with British aid trapped the French at Corunna. Several days of bloody city fighting followed until the French were wiped out. He returned to Santiago to rule his newly independent state but it would not last long. With the French driven the Spanish turned their attention to rebellious Galicia. Spanish troops invaded the new Republic and the Galician army was surrounded and wiped out in Santiago. Most assumed Alvarez died as one of the Martyrs of Santiago de Compostela but they were mistaken. He escaped the city with a handful of followers and fled to Portugal, from where he took a boat to Spanish South America which at this point was in great turmoil. News of the events in Galicia had reached the new world and Alvarez was greeted as a brother by the Revolutionary groups that had sprung up across the Continent. Alvarez fought alongside many great revolutionaries including Simon Bolivar himself, fighting from New Granada to Peru and Mexico.

Alvarez returned to Galicia in 1819 in secrecy having generated significant wealth from his adventures in the New World. Posing as a deposed Creole landowner under the name Alberto Rajoy he toured the devastated landscape and spoke to the desperate people, angered by what he saw he swore to drive the Spanish out once more. He met with his former comrades and began to draw up plans to avenge the events of 1812.

Money: 1,500
    Last edited by Uber Patriot; March 25, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Why would the Spanish burn Santiago? Looks good otherwise.

By the way, there will be a Parliament for all of you to participate in so don't go around being so outwardly violent and opposed to the Spanish Government...yet.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; March 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Why would the Spanish burn Santiago? Looks good otherwise.

By the way, there will be a Parliament for all of you to participate in so don't go around being so outwardly violent and opposed to the Spanish Government...yet.
    When I say Santiago I mean Santiago De Compostela, the capital of the short lived Galician Republic, not Santiago Chile

Sorry for the confusion, I just got lazy typing out the 'De Copostela' bit

No, that's what I meant. Santiago de Campostela is like Spain's Mecca, especially in these times.

Even if the Galicians set themselves up there, the Spanish army wouldn't hurt the city. At worst they would take some of Alvarez's Guerrillas and shoot them.

Fair enough, I tweaked it a little. My man is going to be having to act under an alias for the time being, with the Spanish not too keen on him and all, until the inevitable revolutions kick off at least.

Indefinitely Banned

Is this game still going on? If so, I like to join it as well.

Sorry, no. But I am planning a similar game soon.