Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrae_Expugnandae_5.0 Campaign Report

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Terrae_Expugnandae_5.0 Campaign Report

SPQR, 257 BC. (vh/vh)

I made an early move on Genua, then loaded a new family member up on a bireme with a few Hastati units and over to Messena. After a long siege the city fell and I repeated the procedure with Syracuse. Thanks to the Carthaginians, who had fought with and depleted the garrison, it fell quickly. A short while later, the Carthaginians attacked Messena, and were driven off with heavy casualties. I then marched the army of Sicily over to Lilybauem, where they destoyed by the garrison and a large reinforcing army from Carthage. Not a single survivor.

Determined to take Lilybauem, and motivated by recent attacks by the Gauls, I moved my new Army of Siciliy over to take Lilybaeum and end the Carthaginian threat on the island.
    Consisted of Decimus Tertius, a new son-in-law, and 10 units of pricipes. Defending Lilybaeum was 4 units of Milites, 1 Libiyan spear, 3 iberian infantry and 3 long-shield cav.

Decimus began by sapping the walls, to bypass the heavy defenses around the gate.

Actual resistance around the breaches was light, only a handful of cav and a miltes unit was present.

The Milites put up unexpectedly stiff resistance....

Decimus moved through the opposite breach and hit the stubborn Milites unit in the rear, causing an instant rout.

More defenders, Milites and Libiyan spearman, move down from the walls and block the advance near the main gate, again Decimus charges his heavy cav into the melee..casulties are high here

Decimus is in the thick of the fighting, personally cutting down scores of Carthaginian infantrymen.

The fighting moves towards the town square. The Carthaginian long-shields move into the action..

Again, Decimus charges into the fray, his unit has suffered close to 60% casulties at this point. But the Long-Shields are stopped, and pushed back...

Finally, the way to the square is cleared ........

Surprisingly, the remaining Carthaginian units wheel around and attack my second infnatry column moving into the sqaure on the opposite side. The Long-Shields hit with such force that a Pricipe unit routs on impact. Decimus sees this and charges into the rear of the Carthaginian force. There he runs into an unexpectedly tough Iberian infantry unit, and is slain....

The Carthaginian Long-Shields fight desperately, and rout 2 more Principe units...

Suddenly, a storm of pila hits the Long-Shields..its the first SPQR infantry column moving into position, and engaging...

The remaining long-shields are cut down, and the two SPQR infantry columns unite in the town square, mowing down the ferocious defense of the last Iberian infantry unit.

Victory!!!......................... However, it is costly. close to 1000 casulties, but the garrison of 625 is slain to the last man.

With the capture of Lilybauem, just a few years after the fall of ALeria and Caralis to SPQR forces, I now control a good chunk of the western med sea trade. THe unfortunate slaughter of civilians at Lilybauem did fatten my treasury somehwta, and I was able to obtain a ceasefire and trade rights from Carthage on the next turn.

On the horizon, Epirius is expanding into Greece and Macedon, and has masses two full satcks near Tarentum. They also obtained an alliance with the Gauls, who have been blocking my ports on and off. I fear they will move north towards Cannae soon. I am preparing to mass my Italian armies to meet them.

Updates as events warrant.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Terrae_Expugnandae_5.0 Campaign Report

Nicely done report my friend. Cant wait to try that myself. Off downloading...

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Very nicely done, how come it isnt named an AAR?

Blog Entries

Well, obviously, as you can see, the action is still going on!!!! My intent is to track my progress throughout my campaign.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

SPQR campaign update: 238BC.

After obtaining a ceasefire with Carthage in 257BC, I began to concentrate on mainland forces which were threatening my growing empire. First, the Gauls, who used their numerous naval vessels to blockade ports and cause economic havoc. I had several major land battles with the Gauls in and around transalpine Gaul. I also had to keep an eye on Epirion forces, which were two full stacks and growing. I had obtained an alliance and was hoping they would shift some of these force over to Greece, where they were fighting the Macedonians. I had to maintain a stack near Capua in order to have any hope of countering their forces. This handicapped me somewhat, and caused additional economic pressure.

Summary of Military Events during this time period. (257BC - 238BC)

254 BC- battle with Gauls outside Genua - victory
    252 BC - captured and sacked Mediolanium (Gauls), I elected to raze the buildings and abandon. My forces were so depleted by this battle I had to move back towards Arretium and await reinforcements.
    248 BC - after a quick refit, moved against Gaul army near Patavium - victory
    246 BC - battle with Gaul army outside Genua - victory

Despite the victories, I was unable to advance because of the large number of casualties I was suffering. Reinforcement was slow because I had to maintain forces near Capua.

I sent a young family meber in a bireme east to capture Cydonia and Rhodes, which he was able to do in 240 and 243 BC. The Greeks accepted a ceasefire the next turn, as they were involved in a life and death struggle with Macedonia.

I was hoping the Macedonians would block Epirion expansion and draw off some forces. However, the Epirions defeated several Macedinian armies and now control Pella, and Thermon and are advancing both north towards dacia and south towards the Greek-Macedonian conflict centered around Corinth. Meanwhile, their forces have grown to almost 3 stacks just outside Tarantum.

Other Events during 257BC-238BC

Faction leader Flavio Octavanius dies in 251BC (327-251BC)
    Faction Leader Lucius Octavanius dies in 245BC (311BC-245BC)

Also, economy is wrecked. Unable to raise new forces or upgrade buildings.

The Situation - 238BC

Gaul has moved a full stack into transalpine Gaul. I have moved a somewhat depleted northern army to meet them
    Epirion has moved 2 full stacks north and has besieged Cannae. I have no choice but to throw everything I have at them. If I dont stop them here, I may never stop them. Expecting a very large land battle near Cannae, looking at perhaps 6-8k Epirions vs 6-8k Romans. At least I dont see any elephants in their stacks.

I will update with screenshots and more info as events unfold.

​​

The House of Baltar

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Your lucky there but how many armies you got at cannae?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Blood Money
    Your lucky there but how many armies you got at cannae?
    Cannae is garrisoned by a family member, 2 archers and 4 principes. My main southern Itailian army is at Capua, 2 stacks, mixed hastati, pricipes, equites and archers. Not all at full strength. This army has bankrupted me.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

Screenshots 257-238 BC

Gaul warband charges Hastati line, Mediolanium, 252 BC

Aftermath of fighting near town square, Mediolanium, 252BC

Gaul captain slain outside Genua, 246BC

Cavalry battle outside Genua, 246BC

​​

The House of Baltar

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

How many wars are you/have you been fighting? 3-4? Damn, you've overextended yourself way too much. That's why your economy is being ripped to shreds.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therussian
    How many wars are you/have you been fighting? 3-4? Damn, you've overextended yourself way too much. That's why your economy is being ripped to shreds.
    During this time period I was only fighting the Gauls. However, Epirius has started attacks in the south around Cannae. Ill be reporting on that next.

If I had my choice I would be on one front, but have been forced into a two-front war. Im just thankful Carthage is busy with Iberia (knock on wood). If a volcano erupted now Id be ruined.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

SPQR Campaign, 237-218 BC

Military Events

The war with Epirius was inevitable. Though they had moved 2 stacks north to siege Cannea, I had a few aces up my sleeve. Amphibious assaults.

238 BC – Epirius declares war and sieges Cannea.
    238 BC – SPQR lands the Army of Sicily (1/2 stack, Pricipes, family member) near Croton. Epirus moves forces away from siege at Cannae and attacks the Army of Sicily. Crushing defeat for SPQR. Survivors move overground to Capua.
    238 BC – SPQR lands the Med expeditionary force (1/2 stack, mercs, family member – Galarius Terentius), fresh from victories at Cydonia and Rhodes, near Pella. This area is lightly defended and easily taken, Siege of Pella starts.
    237 BC – SPQR occupies Pella. Unfortunate loss of civilians. 16k for treasury. All buildings razed to the ground. Despite boost to treasury, this battle marks the end of the Med expeditionary force due to financial constraints. Army is disbanded and Galarius Terentius returns to Cydonia.
    237 BC – Epirion forces return to siege Cannae. However, Epirion main body remains near Croton.
    237 BC – Gauls crushed near Patavium. SPQR sieges lightly defended Mediolandium and Patavium.
    237 BC – Alliance with Dacia.
    236 BC – Mediolandium and Patavium taken. Cities were nearly abandoned, very little looting.
    236 BC – Battle with Gauls near Mediolandium. Aulus Hemina killed in battle. Gauls forced to retreat.
    236 BC – Battle with Epirius outside Cannae. Marius Octavanius and Aulus Octavanius killed in battle. Epirion forces decimated.
    234 BC – Battle with Epirius outside Cannae. Epirions flee the field when SPQR reinforcements appear. Four phalanxs left behind as rear guard. Cut down to the last man.

234 BC – financial crisis reaches critical level. Forced to disband garrison troops in order to balance treasury. Riots in several cities.
    233 BC – Gauls siege Mediolandium
    233 BC – Battle with Epirius outside Cannae. Galaerius Terentius and faction heir N. Octavanius killed. Close victory. Heavy losses actually lead to a small profit in yearly treasury.

231 BC – Moved into Epirion territory for the first time. Battle with Epirion forces outside Tarantem. M. Octavanius killed in battle. Tarentum occupied and citizens put to the sword. 16k profit. Started Imperial palace in Rome.

230 BC – now making 9k profit per turn. Able to refit and retrain troops.
    229 BC – Battle with Gauls outside Mediolandium. Titus the Ugy killed in battle. Gauls forced to retreat.

228 BC – Battle with remaining Epirion forces outside Croton. Massive battle destroys Epirion army and decimates the SPQR southern army.
    227 BC – SPQR sieges Croton.
    226 BC – Croton captured, unfortunate populace marched to a ditch outside town and slaughtered. 16k raised for treasury.
    225 BC – Gauls request ceasefire, Italian penisual now secured. Budget showing large profits each year. Started massive building projects, port upgrades, forums.
    219 BC – Macedonia almost wiped out. Made descision to take Chalcis and Mytilene, which are defended by only single infantry units.. Med Expeditionary force reraised.
    219 BC – capture of Chalcis. City devoid of populace.
    218 BC – capture of Mytilene. Budget now showing 18k profit each year.

The Economy

234 BC

225 BC

The Situation

Faction overview, 234BC

Faction Overview, 227 BC

With the entire Italian penisula in my hands, I now have the treasury to retrain my armies, and intiate building upgrades in my citys. I have an Imperial palace in Rome, a Pantheon, and have started building an Urban barracks, though the reforms have not appeared yet.
    I now have 2 stack armies in the north near Patavium (Northern Italian) and south (Southern Italian). Technically Im still at war with Epirius but they seem to have focused their attention on Dacia at the moment. Gaul is busy with the Germans and Iberians.

Im considering a move on Massilia to secure my western flank.

More updates as events warrant. And Ill post on some of the larger individual battles Ive had, partiiculary with Epirius.

​​

The House of Baltar

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nice, nice, I like your different approach to the campaign story. Cant wait to see more, especially of the battles.

You left Epirus on your flank for too long, and weren't very smart with your Northern Italy expeditions.

What you should have done (IMO), was force Epirus out of Italy first, as they proved to be your achilles heel and apparantly killed off half your family, and brought you to the very brink of destruction. Then you turn to Gaul, instead of raiding lightly defended towns, massacreing, razing buildings, then leaving, you should have stayed. IMO, these "raiding" parties you were sending to Northern Italy were quite cheap, since the computer has no ingenuity to deal with them. You could have easily retrained at the Gallic Cities and held out there in defensive battles, eventually breaking Gallic power and severly hindering their faction. Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica weren't going anywhere so you could have easily left them for later.

Just a little constructive criticisim

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Im guessing most of the named characters he was losing were recruited generals. Looks like you've been having a very tough time Gaius, my tactic is what Revan does, wipe out Eprius, i attack in Italy and Illyria at the same time, then forcus on the Gauls. And it looks like anothe rcamapign where different factions have become strong, Parthia looks rampant in the east, Pontus is doing well, Carthage has completely wiped out Numidia, Gauls are doing well, Epirus is doing well in Greece, and Dacia nad Thrace are also doing alrgiht. Can't wait to see how th rest of your campaign develops.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great
    You left Epirus on your flank for too long, and weren't very smart with your Northern Italy expeditions.

What you should have done (IMO), was force Epirus out of Italy first, as they proved to be your achilles heel and apparantly killed off half your family, and brought you to the very brink of destruction. Then you turn to Gaul, instead of raiding lightly defended towns, massacreing, razing buildings, then leaving, you should have stayed. IMO, these "raiding" parties you were sending to Northern Italy were quite cheap, since the computer has no ingenuity to deal with them. You could have easily retrained at the Gallic Cities and held out there in defensive battles, eventually breaking Gallic power and severly hindering their faction. Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica weren't going anywhere so you could have easily left them for later.

Just a little constructive criticisim
    Well, it was touch and go there for awhile. I abandoned Mediolandium because I was outnumbered 3 to 1 by Gauls. And that 1/2 stack represented everything I had between there and Rome. I was really struggling with the economy for awhile. Things are much better now with Epirius forced off the peninsula. Sicily adds mucho to the treasury, and if you can get there before Carthage you have a decent chance. I am attracted to port cities becasue once they are developed even a little bit you get much better income from them. Plus lauch amphibious invasions.

I also seem to have plenty of family members. Puttinng a few into the meat grinder keeps salaries down.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; June 13, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

​​

The House of Baltar

All...so...nice.

Wish...I...had...my...computer.

Blog Entries

SPQR campaign, 218-212 BC

Military Events

217 BC – Condensed best troops in cisalpine Gaul into 1 stack, plus 4 family members. Target, Massilia. Organized remaining troops into supporting stack, based near Patavium.
    217 BC – Greeks troops land on Cydonia, catching SPQR completely offguard and unprepared. War with Greece breaks out as the Greek troops, consisting of 4 phalanx units siege Cydonia, which is defended by 1 family member, who happens to be the faction leader, Lentulus Poetleus, 1 general and 2 rorari. SPQR sallies, but Greeks units are tough veterans who take several cavalry charges, kill the general, and route the rorari. Lentulus retreats to ships in harbor.
    216 BC – Cydonia falls to Greeks troops. Lentulus sails to Rhodes and begins rebuilding process for a Med army. Greeks imediatley ask for ceasefire. I ask for 10k and get it, so the short war with Greece is over. But now I have the eastern part of my empire cutoff. Rhodes, Mytilene, Chalcis are a long journey away from Rome.

216 BC – Elite SPQR force from cisapline Gaul sieges Massilia.

216 BC – Massilia captured by SPQR forces. Publus Octavanius, the faction heir is killed in the final charge of the town square. Civilian population is put to the sword and the town looted, adding a nice 15k to the treasury. Initiate immediate repairs and upgrades, as I intend to hold Massilia indefinitely.

214 BC – Obtain ceasfire with Epirius. For 10k and map information.
    213 BC – Greeks land on Chalcis. Again, I have only a few units defending the stockade enclosed town. However, the next turn the Greeks reboard their ships and sail away. Perhaps Chalcis wasn’t worth taking? This will cost them later on, as I intend to use it as a springboard for my move into Greece.
    213 BC – Alliance with Epirius. There are two powers now on the Greek penisula, Epirius and Greece. Time to play them off against each other, and get revenge on the Greeks for the loss of Cydonia.
    213 BC – Break Alliance with Dacia, they are almost eliminated and it is time to move on.
    212 BC – ceasefire with Gaul. Not sure how long this will last, but at the moment Im not at war with anyone.
    212 – Reforms of Marius. A watershed event and time to reassess my position and progress.

The Economy

After pushing Epirius off the Italian penisula, the economy has been strong, and with the capture of Massilia I am in a good position to expand building projects and troop upgrades. I pulling ~18k profit each turn now, before and construction or troop levies.

The Situation

Im in control of the Italian penisula, Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica, cisalpine Gaul, and Massilia in transalpine Gaul. In the eastern med I control Rhodes, Chalcis and Mytilene.

A look at the situation shows two growing powers in my area. (1) Carthage is becoming very robust. They have expanded in Spain and have large forces in Africa as well. (2) Epirius, despite losing their cities in Italy, Epirius continues to expand on the Greek penisula and north into Dacia. Dacia is near extermination. They are slowly pushing Greece back, and appear they have the upperhand there.

With the reforms at hand, it is time to formulate a new strategy. I have several options.

1. Expand into transalpine Gaul, against the Gauls, and prepare to fight either Iberia or Carthage. Carthage appears to much more of a threat. In addition, they have a large navy.

2. Expand into Illyria. Most likely towards the Greek penisula. This would put me against Gaul again, but with Germany and Epirius just around the corner.

3. Move directly into Greece from by islands in the eastern med. I would be fighting the Greeks, and probably Epirius just after that.

4. Move directly against Carthage in northern Africa. Only people here are Carthaginians. And I don’t relish the idea of fighting elephants in the streets of Carthage and Hadrumentum.

More updates and battle reports soon.

​​

The House of Baltar

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Definitely an interesting situation. Carthage is likely to be tough, but i'd expand into Iberia and take the rich provinces there to help fund your war effort, and a quick raid on carthage and other improtant cities, exterminating the popula,ce destroying all the buildings and giving them to a friendly faction should slow carthage down. Once Iberia is taken, wipe out the Gallic threat then move into Greece and Illyria.

And Parthia has wiped out Baktria i see, and Pontus and Armenia are wiping out the Seleucids, your campaign is definitely very interesting.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

i would agree wih lusted dont let the gauls distract iberia is richer and if u dont get it fast u get stuck in my position and severly bogged down fighting with iberian tribes
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Blog Entries

SPQR campaign, 217-194 BC

Military Events

217-210 BC – SPQR not at war. Spent this time upgrading legions with republican cohorts, roman cav, and republican first cohorts. Continued building projects in many cities, port upgrades, improved forums, public baths, Awesome temples, etc.
    209 BC – Alliance with Briton, war with Gaul breaks out as several army groups attack my forts north of Patavium.
    209 BC – Legio Gallinica I scrimishes with Gauls near Patvium, driving forces away from forts.
    209 BC –Faction Leader, Lentulus Poetuleus, leaves Rhodes with Med Force and lands on Cydonia.
    208 BC – SPQR Med Force sieges Cydonia, defended by only a few units. War with Greece.

SPQR MedForce outside Cydonia for a night attack.

Sapping the walls of Cydonia

Greek Captain falls in Cydonia

Cydonia burns, again.

208 BC –SPQR recaptures Cydonia.
    208 BC – Gaul faction heir assasinated near Patvium.
    208 BC –Gauls siege Patavium. Large 3 stack force moves through pass.

Three stack Gaul force near Patavium

207 BC – Faction leader Lentulus Poetulues dies. New Faction leader, Asinius Octavanius.
    207 BC – Gauls break of siege of Patavium after pressure from Legio Gallinica I.
    207 BC – Med Force, now under Numerius Lusius, lands south of Sparta. Siege of Sparta begins.
    206 BC – Defeat of SPQR at Sparta, death of Numerius Lusuis. Remaining units of Med Force sails to Rhodes to refit.

Spartans counterattack in Sparta

205 BC – Ceasefire with Greeks.
    204 BC – Gauls again siege Patavium. Legio Gallinica I gives battle, defeats Gauls.

Legio Gallinica I attacks Gauls outside Patavium, 204 BC.

Initial deployment

Gaul infantry moves forward, many are hit by archers and pila before the lines collide.

Gaul infantry concentrates on SPQR left flank.

Gaul forces near center of SPQR line (2 pics above)

SPQR cavalry, after driving off Gauls forces near right flank, hits Gauls near center of line in the rear.

SPQR Republican cohorts hold the line.

Aftermath of the battle on the right flank.

203 BC – Gauls forces break off and move north.
    202 BC – Large number of Iberian spies, assassins and a diplomat arrive at Massilia.
    201 BC – Iberian forces siege a fort north of Massilia. Numidia, Egypt and Germany break alliances with SPQR.
    200 BC – Legio Victrix I defeats Iberian forces north of Massilia.
    199 BC – Earthquake severly damages Lilybaum.
    199 BC – Legio Victrix I defeats Iberian forces north of Massilia, but suffers severe losses.
    197 BC – A reequiped Med Force, led by Vibius Poetuluis, lands near Sparta, and imiediatly engages Greeks forces, and prevails. Sparta is captured, and the defiant citezens put to the sword in an orgy of looting, lust, and slaughter.

Outnumbered Spartans attack.

Sparta burns…

196 BC – Iberian forces siege Massilia.
    196 BC – Vibius Poetulius and Med Force siege, and capture Corinth, with the aid of onagers.
    196 BC – Legio Victrix I annilihates Iberian forces sieging Massilia.

Pila fly during Legio Victrix I engaement with Iberians

196 BC – Med Force defeats Greek force outside Corinth, which had raced south to meet SPQR invasion.
    196 BC – Fresh from victory, Med Force sieges and captures Athens. The city is almost uninhabited. Only 400 citizens show up for census.
    194 BC – A 3 stack Iberian force moves into the pass north of Massilia, this isolates Massilia from Legio Victrix I. Iberian forces attack Legio Victrix I. The result is a clear defeat for SPQR forces. Faction leader Asinius Octavanius and two family members are killed in the battle and its aftermath. Legio Victrix I is wiped out, and the legionary eagle captured. It is then moved to Emporion.

Battle with Iberian forces outside Massilia, 194 BC.

Initial deployment

Iberians flank both ends of SPQR line.

Iberians are routed on SPQR right flank by cavalry charge.

SPQR right moves to reinforce the left

The SPQR line collapses, losses are severe. Heroically, most units fight to the death. I intentionally route my faction leader in hopes of saving him. Unfortunately, he retreats to a fort which is assaulted on the same turn and overran by the Iberian forces. He is killed and Legio Victrix I ceases to excist.

Aftermath of the battle..(above 5 pics)

Legionary eagle of Legio Victrix I is lost, and taken to Emporion.

194 BC- Massilia under siege from SPQR forces.

The Situation

194BC

While I have just lost a major battle to Iberia near Massilia, the overall picture is good. I have a strong economy, and good treasury, and can replace these forces quickly. MedForce is making good progress against depleted Greeks forces. Hopefully, I can overrun the entire Greek penisula in a decade or so.

Lessons learned? Bull warriors are just as good, or better, than Republican cohorts. They can take a cavalry charge and keep going. Ill need Imperial cohorts or better to beat these guys. Already I am raising a new legion with better equiped forces in Rome.

Iberia expanded very quickly, taking me by surprise. I guess my foot dragging in the north is going to cost me. However, the benefits of taking Greece may counterway the upcoming war of attrition with Iberia. Once my Imperial Heavy Cohorts arrive near Massilia, I intend to take revenge.

I am also rasing a special force to take Emporion and recover the eagle of the lost Legio Victrix I. Deceres are being built on Sicily for this purpose.

Updates soon…

​​

The House of Baltar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast