View Poll Results: Rules up for vote (vote for one of the top 3 and one of the bottom 4)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • No building destruction

1 12.50%
  • No building destruction when under siege

7 87.50%
  • No limits on building destruction

0 0%
  • No assassinations

0 0%
  • No assassinating family members

4 50.00%
  • No assassination of faction heirs or faction leaders

1 12.50%
  • No limits on assassination

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: A Kingdom at War (Arryn Free, Lannister Free)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default A Kingdom at War (Arryn Free, Lannister Free)

AKaW is a hotseat based on the Westeros mod for Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms which in turn is based on A Song of Ice and Fire by G.R.R. Martin.

The mod can be found here and requires you have patched Kingdoms to 1.5

Factions are as thus:
    Lannisters of Casterly Rock and The Westerlands: Lord Tywin Lannister (Mithridate)
    Tyrells of Highgarden and The Reach: Lord Willas Tyrell (martin616)
    Starks of Winterfell and The North: King Robb Stark (jacb547)
    Arryns of The Eyrie and The Vale: Lord Robert Arryn (kiwibloke)
    Greyjoys of Pyke and The Iron Islands: Lord Balon Greyjoy (vozd)
    House Baratheon of Storm's End and The Stormlands: Lord Renly Baratheon (invicta)
    House Baratheon of King's Landing and The Crownlands: King Joffrey Baratheon (Dr Mac: The King in the North)
    House Tully of Riverrun and The Riverlands: Lord Edmure Tully (Frogspawned)
    House Baratheon of Dragonstone and Blackwater Bay: Lord Stannis Baratheon (kiwibloke)
    House Martell of Sunspear and Dorne: Prince Trystane Martell (DESTROYED)
    Admin (martin616)
    Co-Admin ()

The mods starting point is just after Robb Stark crosses The Twins with Ser Jaime Lannister descending upon Riverrun.

House Lannister commands The Westerlands along with Harrenhal and Stoney Sept in the Riverlands. They have 2 starting armies under Both Tywin Lannister and Jaime Lannister along with several smaller raiding parties. The high income from gold in their home regions and their large starting armies makes them quite possibly the easiest faction.
    Difficulty: 1

House Tyrell has one of the easier starting positions. While they do not start with a strong army their large tax income and secure position gives them great possibilities in the future. They start with the most regions, highest population and a full stack under Randyll Tarly.
    Difficulty: 2

House Stark commands the open regions of the North, a widespread area that will be difficult to defend. They start with 1 army under Roose Bolton and a small cavalry force under Robb Stark. The distance required to bring in reinforcements at the start and the inability to conduct any real defence at home makes the Starks quite difficult to play as.
    Difficulty: 3

House Arryn start in a rather difficult position with almost no army, a large coast to defend and several mountain passes. Many of the bordering factions however tend to be too busy to take advantage of this weakness allowing The Vale Lords to build up their own army to wage a war.

House Greyjoy start in a precarious position with only a few settlements and the inability to recuit usefull units outside the Iron Islands. Their success lies in their large starting fleet and the relative weakness of most coastal regions allowing them to raid much of the western coast however they can not stand up against any of the major houses on their own.
    Difficulty: 4

House Baratheon of Storm's End start off in a unique position in that they have an army but several turns from any of their own regions. Renly Baratheon starts off with most of the Stormlands might in Tyrell lands with Randyll Tarly. While they have very few regions that can make any gold they have a strong starting position and can easily expand into richer areas.

House Baratheon of King's Landing have the toughest start of any of the Baratheons with no true production centre to train an army and no real generals to fight. Their power lies in the wealth of King's Landing and the river crossings nearby which can be easily defended. They start with half a stack near King's Landing and is the only house that can train the Gold Cloaks.
    Difficulty: 4

House Tully starts off in possibly the worst position, surrounded by Lannisters and outmatched 2-1 their only hope of survival is through diplomacy. They start with 1 army near Riverrun under Edmure Tully along with some smaller forces scattered around however they are immediately matched by Jaime Lannister and his army nearby.
    Difficulty: 5

House Baratheon of Dragonstone start in a strong position army-wise however they will go into debt pretty quickly if they do nothing. They begin with 2 regions, a large feet and an army of mercenaries which will break their bank very fast if not handled carefully. On a good note, they start with one of the best generals in the kinghdom, Stannis Baratheon and can gain access to mercenary units which will help bolster their armies in the future.
    Diffoiculty: 3

House Martell start in an isolated position in the south and can go through the game without ever fighting. Their starting income and armies are pretty low but can be increased due to the lack of a threat early on. They do however suffer from a lot of natural distastors due to the game mechanics so armies, generals and cities will have to be watched closely.
    Difficulty: 2

Rules:
    1: You have 24 hours to take your turn or it will be skipped, if you need more time pm me.

2: 1 turn peace for all factions. Building forts in enemy territory is also not allowed for the first turn

3: 2 forts per region per player (every player can have a miximum of 2 forts under their control in a region)

4: Destroying buildings is not allowed if a city is under siege or if an enemy army large enough to take the city can reach it in one
    move.

5: No assassinating family members.

6: Ships within a blockaded port are not allowed to move out without first defeating the blockade.

7: All players must state when they have changed their faction leader (does not have to be the one the gamer shows to be your
    leader) and whether they are claiming kingship or not unless these are being kept secret for rp purposes.

8: When you upload a turn you must send a pm (not a visitor message) to the next player.

9: You can not use any bug within the game to your (or anyone elses) advantage.
    Bugs include but are not limited to:
    attacking ships in ports
    surrounding an army with singe units to remove its ability to withdraw after a loss and thus killing it.
    If you are unsure if something is a bug or not then pm me, I will not skip your turn if it has gone over while awaiting such problems to be sorted.

10: Ships in a port can not be used to hide armies. Armies that are defeated and withdraw to ships do not count as long as they are moved out at the ealiest opertunity while still complying with rule 12.

11 No cheating in any way, shape or form.

12: Pictures must be taken of all player vs player battles showing the odds and the outcome. Army composition and the flags of any units involved must not be edited.

13: Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.

14: Heroic victories are banned, anyone who gets one must keep reloading until they get a different result.

15: Players can not sally forth from a city or forts with the intention of losing.

Difficulty will be H/H and all battles will be auto-resolved.

Map Updates

Turn 5

Turn 10

Turn 15

Turn 20

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; July 03, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: A Kingdom at War

OOC: I thought this had something to do with my RPG for a sec...nevermind. XD
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Id like to join, Lannister all the way!

Is this FFA, bound alliances or something?
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Rules are coming up now but it is a free for all game with alliances enforced on turn 1.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Can I take in or is just new players?
    If I can I call Starks
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

can i have stannis please
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

i will take renly

Players updated.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Arryns!

Updated.

scratch this post
    Last edited by Celsius; March 24, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

I will take Greyjoys!

I think that you need to allow some kind of building destruction.
    Maybe just for Martells and Greyjoys because they can recruit only in their home regions.
    Last edited by vozd; March 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM.

THat should mean no building destruction for them ESPECIALLY. Otherwise they can raid every city and be undefeatable with the only good armies.

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

But they are in big minus if everybody can recruit everywhere but they can only recruit in 3 or 4 region far away from big cities and castles.
    They need something in return!

P.S.

Edit first post!

3 more spaces left.

House Baratheon of King's Landing and The Crownlands: King Joffrey Baratheon
    House Tully of Riverrun and The Riverlands: Lord Edmure Tully
    House Martell of Sunspear and Dorne: Lord Doran Martell

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I will lay claim to the Sunny State of Sunpear - House Martell for me please

If no one takes the other two in the next 24 hours they can be set as AI factions. They are after all the most difficult ones

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

Maybe I am boring but what about building destruction? I and Martell need that badly!

And is there any rule for assasinations?

Assassination rule is up for votes and the building rule too.

i would like building destruction's allowed apart from in besieged. and i cant vote on assasins because i have unlimited supply, but if i could have 2 shadow baby kills please
    coder and tester for the King of River and Hill submod
    coder, mapper and scripter for War of the Usurper submod

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast