Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

Default Re: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

Well, i have reached the dockyard level and i can´t still build ships...there is something i must be doing wrong...

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

aquilia...please read carefully what i wrote...go in a town on the coast and open the building window...
    scroll down to the bottom...right under the church tree..you must find the naval war arsenal entry....
    look to the building requirements...you need a shipwright and armourer,...than you could build this and recruit war ships...

reworked-buildings

I´m sorry, i am afraid i,ve been a little bit silly...thanks for everything.

Wonderful job!!

Great job, Leoni!! . Can you upload to another host, please...gamefront don't let me download or upload anything.

...thank you very much...is it real...gamefront is free...strange...so where i have to go...where are the loading speed is good for free users...i dont know...

thanks to archaeopterix i added a alternative link...hope it will work now...

napoleonic.7z

...some more...

reworked-buildings-II

I didn't read everything but does the mod is stabil? like you don't get crash, you have diplomacy, trade etc etc like other mods? I download N2TW and I don't see an campaign there.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    ...some more...

reworked-buildings-II

lovely buildings.

would there perhaps be a way to get walls to work again? as in all the possible configurations?

@Xarax: I cannot tell you if it is "stabil" or not. and no, N2TW isn't supposed to have a full campaign. unless you downloaded the version that is supposed to have it, in which case you need to find the "provincial campaign" section
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

hello to both...yes you can play a campaign with many factions, diplo like for any other mod too...stable
    the traits are still vanilla...maybe by the time i will do some thing for it...first i want to do more reskinning...

genjameswolfe...walls should be possible, but i like this risk style...also in this time walls loose their meaning
    in the campaigns i played, i often loose towns and had to recapture them...no long siege time...also if you attack a city, the ai is more attacking you, cause there is no way back...no hide
    the only thing i would to implement are cannon towers, like in cossacks...for a defensive advantage...

Hello, Can I give a little advice? Will be great if you could changes the portrait of Napoléon and all the big historical characters. If you need help to find the pictures i can help, I am a big lover of the Napoleonic Wars

...i had collected many pic...but will do it later...
    but you can help and send-post your stuff too...or make a nice portrait mini mod...it is up to you...

ok now i'm totaly lost...
    So does the mod is stable? that dude respond me with NO...well that I post on submods because after I download N2TW I saw there is no campaign...and put the question for leoni, cuz I saw she/he is the maker of this sub-mod.
    And if you want walls or extra defence leoni, well I played many RTS/TBS games from starcraft blood war in 99 or from shogun till empire tw, including all aoe's all strongholds etc etc. but what I see on 2D textures and probably modes, from you can inspire is an game called "Imperial Glory" old game, but they have 2D texture and them defence at the city's are quite good, is an Napoleonic game, and i'm sure you can get lot's of things from it,oh and it's an Turn-Base Strategy game.
    Sorry for my english I know is bad, and please respond me if you're sub-mod is stable like you don't get crash when you siege an city ok?
    Thanks.

...hello again...as long as i know this submod is stable...you just have to download my submod...install it like discribed and play...the siege ctd is fixed since version II...so just risk a look and have fun...
    i know the game imperial glory...thats a good advice...my problem is to implement new buildings...so i have to push up my skills...and ask for advises too...but the new city looks good for me...will post some screens soon...
    thank you for sharing your thoughts...give a feedback...if you are playing a campaign...critic is welcome..

I just download you're sub-mod. and i'm thinking how to don't uninstall rtw, because I have another 7 mod's for rtw lol the best what I like is Fourth Age and now you guys with Napoleonic era :X.
    And from Imperial that barricades you can take it to protect infantry from cannon fire, but I'm quite sure nobody from RTW-mods can make that to hide infantry inside buildings like in Imperial, it's takes lots of things to do that.
    Anyway i'm gonna try you're mod in some mins, and I will feedback
    Keep up you and the other dude are really great I really love Napoleonic era :X

Ok...what I do...I delete old_napoleonic and napoleonic folder and I copy/paste you're folder with napoleonic (before I was playing the other sub-mod but that critical siege was annoying) and I read the custom battle doesn't work, what it doesn't.
    First things what I saw in game are:
    -Holland when I select it does't appear on the map in the right-top of the map campaign at the campaign select faction, it's appear on another map,same like France,Denmark, and are another.
    -First I start to play with France (as Napoleon my second-favorite conqueror) and the most thing what is annoiyng me, on all RTW it doesn't work "middle" scroll,like when I want to recruit the best unit and I need to select with "left" click of the mouse,and then down to select what I want to recruit (only on M2TW is working this and on empire on Rome I never saw this). And I quite playing with France because this is very annoying for me.
    -Then I start with Wurteberg or something like this (Stutgart is the capital),again at select faction campaign is show's me on the map is Portugal(most of unit's doesn't have description at ability's like :Good Morale,Good Stamina)
    I'm gonna start with most of the new faction's to see how them infantry look (I love Infantry).I'm aiming low faction's,I hate empires, as an Romanian because along the history since 1AD till 1945 we stand alone against all who tryed to conquer us, and celebrate each time after them fail atempts,from the Romans(we got conquered for cople of years, after Nordic Tribes was dumbs and allyed with them),Mongols(the history know this:Hungarians stoped them first with the help of Romanians well what is not true at all...we helped them? in Romania lands? Or they helped us...and even that we stoped them without nobody help's on Moldavia lands we had an great king(well 90% of our kings was great because they didn't losed the country ) and the name of him was Stefan the Great(cousin of Vlad the Impaler) who was fighting with Poles,Hungarians,Otomans and he crashed an Mongol atemp,Austrian-Hungarian(coples of times we crashed them,and last time in WW1 to rescue Transilvania from them,after they started the war),Russian(we have coples of victory's against them too,I don't remember good),a lil bit Poles when they was high as an Kingdom(Stefan the Great crashed them very badly) and our lovely friends with more then 200 victory's at less then 20 defeats,The Otoman Empire.(I know I should't type this, but you know we Romanians are seen bad in Europe, cuz of them...i'm not gonna type them names, and my country had an good history as an defending nation, we never wanted lands like others, we wanted what was our's,and the guys from TW put the Dacian's, but then in M2TW they forgot Wallachia/Moldavia/Transilvania 3 little Kingdoms one nation Romania, in them time period)
    My requests if it's possible:
    -I know is hard and probably nobody can fix that, when you select town, and you go at recruit unit's, that moving middle scrool will be great(can't explain promtly,as you can see my english is bad)
    -And I saw you want request for new nation's well I play BI alot, and I saw after Gothics lose an city after an rebelion another faction appear the Ostrogots(or something like that) you can make the Kingdom of Romania,because in 18-19 century we had an French Culture and I don't remember good the years but we need it an king, and Napolen the third suported an Prussian Prince to be the king of us,what become one of our great kings Carol de Hohenzollern.You can read about him here at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_I_of_Romania How he lead the troups during the Russian-Otoman war and how he and Russians eliberate Bulgaria from Otomans.
    -And another if you can put the Royal Units(BEST) to be recruitable first and not the last (I hope you understand it )
    And it's look good the sub-mod, I like the music you made it,and I know is boring what I type but I hope you will read it
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    thank you for sharing your thoughts...give a feedback...if you are playing a campaign...critic is welcome..
    Ok after I saw what unit's have most of the faction's (not Spain,Otoman Empire), I decide to play with Swedia, because last year I moved with near my wife in Helsinki,Finland (Don't think i'm so old to play games yestarday I just advance at 23 years old).
    I use Toggle_fow (the only code I use some times) to see what's near me and what will expect me, and I my first attack to be at that city owned by rebels at the border with russians,then to make an medium garnison to avoid Russian/Prussian sea Invasion,and even if I losed the city, to reinforce my other low garnison's with trops to prevent losing many city's.I take the city in 3rd turn,and after this Prussia started to attack me on Stralsund with what they could,but I defend 7 time's against them atempts to take the city:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...s/ec70b32e.jpg
    Meanwhyle, Denmark provoke me by blocking on of my port and that was the end of them (I Expect them to provoke me and to conquer them)
    I expected them to have lot's of military unit's but they didn't had so many, I crash 1 of them army and conquer them 3 city's till the capital where I meet some annoying problems what I meet it before.
    I start by sieging Hamburg them last capital, with 8 unit's of infantry and 1 cannon,and I press end turn because I was expecting to meet more unit's:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/e871d7b7.png
    After the turn I start the battle but only when I've got same number like them to be equal in number's,and I remove 5 of my unit's behind the siege army.
    Before to press Start battle, I put my fast select command unit's on CTRL 1 and CTRL2(ussualy for cavalry but I don't have at this moment) and I meet an problem...I wanted to surround them by firing with the cannon (protected by the general) from the other flank, but I saw I can't move my cannon's inside of the woods
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/54548d8c.png
    I change my tactics and I move in Line all 3 Infantry and on the right flank cannon's protected behind by the general and I though I escape by the problem,because I saw an hightest terrain just good to put the cannon's and to start firing and I realise woods hate my cannon's:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/76dbd82d.png
    Finaly I find an lil bit higtest terrain and I start firing with cannon's:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/a705b972.png
    Another little Issue what I meet it before but this time at the enemy, was the drums guys and the dude who was keeping the flag charged first (You should fix the formation's or from where belong this):
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/db8b0395.png
    Meanwhyle I remain fast without gunpowder and I was forced to charge what I saw another thing, only after unitäs remain without gunpowder then they take out the bayonet (it's real, and I congratulation you for this)
    I run with my general's in the other side of the map to charge from behind them infantry whyle my infantry was fighting at bayonet with them(because I saw here the cavalry are not killing machine like on the other mods),and again I congratulation you for this.
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/8e80d983.png
    Too bad I didn't show you my others Heroic Victory's because this was really the most little one (I forgot to take picture's) but i'm gonna show you how an newbie General win an battle trying to don't lose many unit's :

And this was The End of mighty danish peoples:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/de0c5d8e.png
    Till now everything is ok, i'm playing Medium-Hard, only thing what I saw last 2 turns was the Netherlands they was really fast conquered,after British made peace with French:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/ba1fd027.png
    Are another little problem's (and I don't want to be mean) like I can't see on the campaign map the city's like, if my city's is constructing building's(I like to play with auto-manage everything,no recruiting,some time's I forgot to construct buildings).Only when i'm moving the cursor of the mouse I can see if the population is happy or not,or if they construct buildings.
    Another little thing I saw when I'm using Auto-Manage Everything, I can't disable AM.everything from the city,only when I disable after I press O-Key AME. I can select it (it say's something like I need to move an general in the city to disable that,I hope you get it) .
    In rest I really like the sub-mod is really great you did a great job and once again I congratulation, and i'm gladly to say at this moment this is the only game i'm playing because you really did a great job .
    Thank's and i'm sorry because I type like an history here lol

thank you very much for your detailed report...hard to focuse on one thing...
    could you make a screen for what you called the middle scroll thing...dont get this...
    ...in case for a own rumanian nation...that doesnt really fit in this period...what you had written about, started in 1861...a bit late...i more thought about polish emergent faction, kgr baden...some opponent for ottomans in the east...things like that...sorry...
    for the main menü...if you select a nation, until now i dont reworked a new preview map for every nation...
    at the beginning, i just wanted to add a better map to the original submod...than i fixed the errors...than i retextured ....than i thought about to add buildings...but all this was not planned...was done spontaneous on my holidays...just by me...so there are many things more, that could be done....
    cool pictures...but small unit sizes...lack of manpower???
    for elite units...for the beginning..elite units just recruitable in the capital...and later in main cities on the map, if all buildings are finished...thatswhy they are elite...but it isnt so hard to gain them...

Ok I figure where's the problem with the automanage everything (like you select from faction a.m.everything and then to change the tax you need to press again KEY "O" to stop a.m.e. and then you can change the tax,what's annoying because after this when you press again "O" to active ame. then u need to visit all the cities to stop auto-recruiting ((In case you don't want to spend you're treasury)) ).
    So first of all N2TW doesn't have an Auto-Manage-Everything to select from the before you enter on campaign map,it have only arcade style battle:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/1d15ce76.jpg
    Some of you want to active Auto-Manage-Everything for constructing or for recharging you're garison:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/dee85fd3.jpg
    After couples of turns you conquer an new city and the population does't like you're culture and they are not happy, but you want to change the taxation and you get this:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/79d04c2e.jpg
    To stop Auto-Manage-Everything, you need to open Main Menu and to go at game settings and to select this:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/0b57d8f8.jpg
    Then you will be able to stop auto-manage-everything from an city you want, without to have an Governator:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/e50acdba.jpg
    leoni: this is the middle scrool what I told you, it only work on Medieval 2 total war after you select the recruit unit's and want to use fast middle-scrool from the mouse without going and select with left scrool and then down:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/c83ecb33.jpg
    About infantry, I saw on fourth age elite unit are first like Guard of the Citadel and Knights of Dol-Amroth, and if you can put the Elite unit to be first if you can't fix the middle scrool so when you go at recruit,the unit's will start from the best to the low ones like,
    Elite to be the first:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/93ec400f.jpg
    Lower to be in the last (in the spot at recruit unit's of elite)
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/8d5d5d50.jpg
    And about the period yes is too late but we have an hero before of that who made an great revolution against the otomans you can spend 5 min's and read about him here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_Vladimirescu
    It's you're choice to put w/e you want, and I don't want to be mean about polish,I respect polish nation because after the downfall of Teutonic Knights they were an nation like Romania too, defending one.But nobody even Russia had move victory's or war's like how Romania had with Otoman-Empire,after the downfall of the Gate (Constantinople,Istanbul now) we was the gate of them to stop spreading,well was greeks too,machedonians, but they didn't had so many battle's like us with them.
    And about this I can help you to build fast Romania ( I can do the flag and portraits,as I know to use Corel-Photoshop,Gimp 2, or maybe with some sound, if you tell me exactly what format you need for RTW like ogg,mp2,mp3 etc cuz. I know to use audacity or Virtual DJ. I don't know to use codes at all)
    About man power,well my computer is dualcore-3000? 4GB DRR3 and the most important what is very low the videocard is down a lil bit down to 512,and all the time I played with no shadow,no tree detail, no grass, but with high detail at unit's,they are medium, I learn last 3 years from m2tw when I was playing, cuz I was playing without Auto-m-everything and the size of the knights was 60-61 so I know when I need to Retrain them .
    Oh I forgot to say this is an annoying issue too this one, like you are on the map and you want to see if the city is happy or if you have an construction in time build, like this:
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...a/427abc96.jpg
    You can only see, after you move the scrool of the mouse on the town/city.