Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Risk_Version.I.--released--advanced campaign submod..

...so many gongratz...feels like birthday...just crazy that i missed this mod so long before...maybe now the most will play empire and ntw but i dont wanna be a steamer...

...for all players outhere...i faced the well known ligny bug and could solved it...also i forgot to include the captain banners, you will see, if no army is in a town...sorry for that...both fixes will come with the first patch...i will also include different regiment flags for some nations...please report any bugs...wishes...so i will take care for this too....thank you very much...sorry...but have to kick the prussian-britians asses..

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Congrats on the release!
    Ad I may or may not be interested in making a music mod. Depends if we would go historical or musical that just fits.

Awesome! Thanks for this!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

...thanks a lot for your kind feedback...please feedback from your played campaign too, to know what changes could be made....i enjoy playing as hessen-kassel...but notice that austria got real problems...france with all the enemys too...will look to the last version of european wars, for other ai formation, also the ai seems not to recruit cannons...

...music i added both...historical-from the well known movies...i took some parts from brigadier grahams music mod, and some really good march music found on youtube...some times with gun fire...order screaming too...and in between some classic music..it fits well for me...

forgot it...what do you think to increase the ammution of infantry...they got 60 bullets...thats really unrealistic...i think it was made for the long scripted custom battles...

test-outdated

---http://www.gamefront.com/files/21479422/napoleonic.7z---
    ...if someone are interested for a music add-on...please let me know...
    Last edited by leoni; April 01, 2012 at 09:58 AM.

my internet refuses to let me on Gamefront to download is there another way to download this?

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

CTD in the first turn, when loading bar is running for the very first battle. Another question: this mod is for Rome TW or BI?

...first thankx for your feedback...you can play this mod with rome and bi exe...i first played it with rome exe...than i changed on bi exe...
    remember to make a clean install...i tested everything on my rome gold installation...so i cant say anything
    to other rome versions...
    ...till now i played siege-land battles with diff nations--places...and get only one known ctd...when missing the ligny textures files...that will be fixed...
    ...so please tell me which nation you play...where on the map you get the ctd, go over your character before the battle...open the console and enter show_cursorstat...this will tell you the coordinates...
    so i could try it out for myself...

Hello leoni,

I have played a few turns with Russia, including a siege battle, no ctds for the moment.
    The new map is fantastic! It really gives a ''grand'' feeling to a napoleonic setting, I'd say.

Just some things I noticed:

- name of some Italian cities: in case you would like to implement realistic names for them, here's some suggestions:
    - Turino: change to Torino (Italian) or Turin (English)
    - Genua: change to Genova (Italian)
    - Lilybaeum: change to Palermo (important Italian city which was located in that area of Sicily)
    - Cannae: change to Foggia (Foggia lies not exactly there, but it's not so far)
    - Ajaccio: the place where Ajaccio is placed in your map is, more or less, the actual location of Bastia; Ajaccio is in the West coast of Corsica; I don't know much about the history of Corsica, maybe Ajaccio was the most important city of the two so it would make sense to include it at the expense of Bastia, but it should be placed on the West coast.

- when I received the message to upgrade city in Moscow (which is a ''minor city'' level), the new city level building does not appear on the building options, so I can't upgrade it, or did I miss something maybe?

Thanks for this cool submod!
    cheers

...thank you for your feedback...you are right..i dint change much for italy and sicily...also many ottoman cities got strange names...
    the capitals at the start got the highest building level...so you will not be able to reach a huge city...
    ...please give more feedback about the strat ai and their progress, if you played it a bit longer...any super factions...
    in my first campaign...i played until 1809 and no faction were wiped out...in my second test...denmark suddenly was stroke by sweden and holland get at war with britian..and lost it...also i gave france a higher barrack in bayonne and more population from the start in paris, so they kept down spain...otherwise someone got to die...just a matter of time...and i pushed the austrians a bit, so they dont lost wien after the first rounds...

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    ...first thankx for your feedback...you can play this mod with rome and bi exe...i first played it with rome exe...than i changed on bi exe...
    remember to make a clean install...i tested everything on my rome gold installation...so i cant say anything
    to other rome versions...
    ...till now i played siege-land battles with diff nations--places...and get only one known ctd...when missing the ligny textures files...that will be fixed...
    ...so please tell me which nation you play...where on the map you get the ctd, go over your character before the battle...open the console and enter show_cursorstat...this will tell you the coordinates...
    so i could try it out for myself...
    I´m playing with Spain. Unfortunately, i don´t remember where was the battle... i´m triying to use the console.
    A-ha! the ctd presents when the french are trying to attack barcelona, and the warning mention that Ligny problem.
    Last edited by aquilaXXI; March 30, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

...yep...checked this even now...and the fix work...no ctd...attacked barcelona....will upload first patch this weekend...

OK!! fantastic! Thanks a lot, my friend! I´ll keep the feedback. This is a GREAT WORK!

Hello everybody,

I keep playing my Russian campaign, currently I'm in mid-1807. I have fought tow siege battles and one open field battle, no ctds until now. All the factions are still alive it seems. I'm playing M/M difficulty.

The situation is as follows:

- image 1: Wurttemberg is doing quite well for a minor faction...

- image 2: L'Empereur has some problems... Spain has take Tolouse, Naples has taken Marseille and the British have taken Calais.

- image 3: I, as Russia, am at war with the Ottomans only; I'm invading the North Eastern Balkans; my Austrian allies are doing fine, having conquered most of Northern Italy, while my other allies the Prussians are fighting the Saxons it seems. Naples is doing good too.

...very good feedback...i noticed that russia is a bit out of fire in the game, just focused on the ottomans and to conquer rebel cities...so what you all think to include a polish faction...would be at war with russia and prussia, allied with saxony, bavaria, france...i know it wasnt historical accurate...other possibility would put them as emergent faction-but this mean non-playable...
    ...another proposal is to reduce ammonition on minimum 25 bullets...up to 40 for elite units...little moral boost for cavalry too???
    ...state of progress...
    ...new building-event pic added
    ...OIM interface added...all credits to them
    ...building tree reworked-improved
    ...different music-sounds in test
    Last edited by leoni; March 31, 2012 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks SHEDDER .. im not paying 12 bucks to download it though. lol it would be the only thing id download from that site waste of money. thats a pack of smokes man

got it downloaded and started playing with france. i took Davouts army and attacked barcelona.. and it crashed. my first battle lol. also the hotkeys have been changed???? why? ive been using those since ROme came out. i dont like that. i downloaded the "beautiful" map detail pack and the game looks amazing but also i must say something about the lang the generals talk in? is there anyway ur going to fix that or are the german states going to be stuck speaking russian commands?

the map looks great. the countries are well placed for a tough war. but however i just need to know if the game crashes will keep happening. takes too many deaths to automaticly resolve the battles. when i can command better and take fewer losses. sitting and looking at a map all day is no fun . the fun is fighting the battles. thank you for making units bigger thats awesome. i see you put in alot of work. like the new flags for the countries much more realistic. my biggest complain will have to be the hotkeys. and my arrows dont even work lol i would like to keep testing the game for more bugs as it does have great pontential and i do appreciete your hard work. thank you.

...hello and thank you for the critic....but please remember to read updates...discussions carefully...
    some post before, the barcelona crash was also mentioned, and it is fixed....
    the hotkeys are easy to change in the main menu...go to control settings and change it to whatever you want to...believe me...i play every battle...just against slaves i use autoresolve...
    for the general speaking i didnt care so much, cause i play with music-battle sounds-new horn blowing...so
    its just a minor fact...or do you mean on strat map, thats why i changed the culture...
    ...and last...critic is important and welcome here, but keep an eye on the state of progress, actual discussion, so some questions could be answered before...thank you for enjoying this work...and the included work of all the other modders....have a nice weekend...
    sorry...the arrows are disbanded in the original too...i have to read, where to switch back...
    ps...why you have to pay for game-filefront...isnt free site...for me yes...never payed anything
    Last edited by leoni; March 31, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post

forgot it...what do you think to increase the ammution of infantry...they got 60 bullets...thats really unrealistic...i think it was made for the long scripted custom battles...
    depends on the army: some did get sixty rounds in their cartridge boxes (the Prussians were big on that), and IIRC the British model for cartridge box during the Napoleonic wars could contain 60 rounds as well. however, most armies probably had c. 30 rounds.

I know in the period my work is based on, the average was 20--some are as low as 12.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)