Thread: Quests?

Default Quests?

I just started playing this mod, after enjoying the original Amazon greatly!

I see reference in the release notes to 'quests' each Amazon faction receives. Do these happen at some fixed point in the game? I don't necessarily read end-of-turn messages, so having played a a few dozen turns I'm not sure if I have missed it or not.

Default Re: Quests?

The quests are certain strategic locations where important information are discovered and thereby cause a great upheaval in the Amazon Community.

Usually, it means that either one or all factions non-militia military and social elite wil flock to the faction who has taken a certain strategic location. The location can have lost encoder ciphers, or library with information which unites the conquering faction with all Amazon Community.

As a direct conseqeunces of the conquests of the important location, you would see the announcement saying such or such Amazon factions have been destroyed. It would not say that the faction is destroyed by the conquering faction, but the collapse is directly related to the fact that the destroyed faction can no longer sustain its social functions without its elite class of citizens.

As a reward, the faction who took over the location would have a great monetary reward, in addition, it now would have the capability to recruit advanced Amazon units.

Only the following factions have the quest capabilities:

1. Thyssa Amazon, # of quests 4
    2. Amazonia, # of quests 4
    3. Libyan Amazon, # of quests 4
    4. Sarmatian, as relative of Amazons, # of quests 6
    5. Carthaginian, after discovering its founding Queen Dido's true identity, # of quests 6
    6. Armenia, after after re-discovered the secret of the Black-Shield, and re-establsh the secret society with the Amazon, # of quests 6.

The Geothe Amazon does not need quest, as it is the only advanced tech faction in the mod. But it would also be the first faction destroyed if any of the other "quest"able faction accomplished its first quest.
    Last edited by parthian shot; March 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I just finished a game playing as the Libyan Amazons, conquered every territory in the game, but I never received any special notices indicating that I had completed a quest. I noticed you said that Geothe is suppose to be destroyed when the first quest is completed. In my game, they weren't destroyed until I captured all their cities. Their last city was the last remaining city on the map too. I'm guessing my game glitched or something. Could you tell me when the quest was suppose to be activated, so that if I play another game, I know whether or not the game bugged out?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Activate the background script.

In game press ESC then the ? and then show-me-how on the advisor button. Do this after every save game and the start of your campaign.

Will do!
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!