Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5.0/5.1 Feedback thread

Default Re: 5.0/5.1 Feedback thread

thx lusted that worked pretty well, i made all phalanx pikes disciplined and made formation 0.8 instead of 1, they're much more effective against generals now!
    oh do you know why i cant seem to train the lead general/faction leader to give him armor upgrades? dunno if i can in some settlements but its just something i noticed a few times... oh and you said you think generals recruitment is expensive?? just my opinion but i doubled the cost for all factions as they're invaluable... and the a.i overuses them i suspect :wink:
    also i know its your mod and everyone has had their say etc..but i agree with the "more movement points" brigade, i upped them from 80 to 90 and i think its about right, i mean how long does it take trecking thru the desert with your ptolemaios army tryin to get them rebel settlements.... haha

good stuff i like it alot just wish the infantry would fight more cohesivly other then that i love it good work my freind

Playing camp as Macedonia its 217bc .Just wantted to say what a great job the mod team has done!I had to deel with Rome AI pinning then flanking my phalanx in many battles.Its great.If battle odds are anything close to even I might win but army takes heavy loses.Tons of fun Men ,Thx again

later

Team Member--Living in the Day of the Eagle! The Eagle not the Dove--

Downloaded 5.0 and 5.1 today!

I've kept my 4.0 saves and a copy of the 4.0 files (have a Republic Of Rome campaign going on in that version, would be a shame to lose it all - you never know when you might want to go back to that campaign).

I plan to start a campaign as Britannia. Tried it in 4.0...got bored for some reason, reckon it was the reloading I did after feeling I screwed up decisions, which led me to play Rome. Now, though, I want to play a campaign as Britannia again, and forge my very own empire. First Britain, then, er...extermination by the Romans. Always the optimist .

One thing: the new intro video played very slow for me. I'm wondering if I did anything wrong? I basically copied over the original intro movie with the new one. Plus it looks a bit pixillated, so I'm wondering if I did anything wrong there, too. If anyone can clarift for me, thanks.

And now, Britannia will become a sovereign state like no other! Heck, I feel even more of a statesman/general in RTW due to a nice coat-of-arms pin I purchased near the Azay-Le-Rideau Chateau in the Loire Valley when I went to France on holiday a few weeks ago now, wearing it as I make other empires meet their demise.

playing 5.1 as Armenia and Rome.
    features i liked:
    1. new units' skins, and cards. espacially the cavalry ones.
    2. new horses.
    3. battle movement speeds.
    4. how battles feel in general.
    got my butt kicked (as Rome v Phirhus) two times in a row!
    5. campaign map.

features that IMO could be improved:
    1. too high population happines.
    2. too high population growth.
    3. too much starting money? though i know it is intentional.
    4. add poliganism mini-mod that allows you to build more than 1 type of temple in the same city.
    5. a bit easy gameplay? or its just me?:tooth:

that's about it.
    great mod! considaring it is not a realism mod, still feels pretty good and lots of fun to play.
    thanks Lusted

Wow, simply great mod, Lusted! The Pre-Marian Roman gameplay was awesome, my armies were dominant but could be worn down, especially when they came up against tough armies (like Pyrrhus). I actually had to take a semi-historical approach to that, formed a basic legion of basic historical composition and went after Pyrrhus while pumping out more troops for a second legion, figuring I'd probably lose the first stack. The Epirotes were in a fort so I besieged them and sent a couple of flying columns and took the undermanned eastern seaboard cities. With these cities gone, there was little the Epirotes could do. I sent in my first stack and was going head to head with pretty much equal kill rates but my army became disjointed - those elephants really were the winning factor and their superior cavalry. So I did end up losing but took 40 or 50% of their army with me (lost over 90% of mine!). However, they tactically withdrew their army via ship when my second stack came up and went home where they defended well VS Macedon. In fact, they survived right through to about 230 or 40 BC when, after I killed off the Macedonians after they had attacked me (and they had a big numbers advantage and peaked at 16 provinces compared to my then 11) when I decided that I wanted to secure my Greek provinces.

The best Roman campaign I've ever had but I do have one small complaint - the Post-Marian Legions are just incredibly killing machines. I get kill ratios against Spain of 100:1 (although this is partly caused by their army composition, mainly warbands). I haven't really seen the Barbarians build up their troop levels - the Macedonians and Epirotes did but the Spanish, even though they had taken most of Gaul and all of Hispania, still have low level troops. Is this normal or has it just occured in my campaign?

I'd have to give you 8 or 9/10 for your effort - a very fun game! Can't wait to try out some more factions!

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

love it:tooth:

Well Mablung, I've had the same thing happening in my campaign. Spain becomes an enormous empire but they keep on pumping out warbands and a rare group of scutarii. However the moment that one of their towns reaches city level, you'll be dealing with loads and loads of bull warriors, and my god are those bastards hard to kill.

So enjoy the 100:1 kill ratio while you can, because you'll be happy you got those strong legions the moment the bull warriors get their heads up.

Cheers
    Tomacco!!!

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    3. too much starting money? though i know it is intentional.
    5000 is alot for you???? its not for me since i practically spend most of it the first turn..

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Exellent mod, I love everything about it, its very touh and I've had my as throughly handed tome by Eirus and te Gauls but I do have (just) one complaint.

I know that you wanted to amke the battles longer, but don't you think itd be better to rebalance the units rather than give them all obsurdly high morale. I just think its pretty annoying and ridiculous that a barbarian warband would have as much morale as a Spartan for ex. It makes cavalry charges a bit underpowered when you flank too (since the bastards don't rout and your cavalry gets bogged down). Do you plan to leave it like this or to balance them on more of a increased defense and attack level... Either way great mod, keep up the good work

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121
    5000 is alot for you???? its not for me since i practically spend most of it the first turn..
    you mean 50000, thats what mine start out with... :wink: ;unless you also installed KK's mod which changes a few things whereas I thought it was only the banners and shields - as I often do, install first, read later...

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

yea i have k.k's mini mod and it has 5000 from the start....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by -=WingZero=-
    Exellent mod, I love everything about it, its very touh and I've had my as throughly handed tome by Eirus and te Gauls but I do have (just) one complaint.

I know that you wanted to amke the battles longer, but don't you think itd be better to rebalance the units rather than give them all obsurdly high morale. I just think its pretty annoying and ridiculous that a barbarian warband would have as much morale as a Spartan for ex. It makes cavalry charges a bit underpowered when you flank too (since the bastards don't rout and your cavalry gets bogged down). Do you plan to leave it like this or to balance them on more of a increased defense and attack level... Either way great mod, keep up the good work
    In my opinion the morale settings are perfect. Warbands and such will still last longer, but a good flank will still make them rout quite easily. Cavalry are still very very powerful when used correctly, as they should be. What used to annoy me about Vanilla, is that if you ever built a large, powerful army you would never be able to truly test it as most things would rout a few seconds after contact. In Lusteds mod battles remain a challenge. I actually lost an entie legion (Praetorians, First Cohorts etc) to the Britons. This would never have happened in Vanilla.

If you're looking for a little bit of an easier time in battles though, just go for the medium / easy mode. (but keep Campaign on V.Hard )

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well ever unit has had their morae increased by 15 from vanilla RTw, some more so like the spartans, so is still a big difference in the morale of some units.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

this sounds kinda noobish, but when do marius reforms happen? i thought they happened once you built imperial palace, but ive built it and nothing has happened

I asked this before and this was the answer that's correct (I think) of some answers:

For the Reform to occur you have to have an Imperial Palace in any city in Italy except for Rome.

In 1.5 the Reform isn't coupled to a date, thus, if you can build an IP by the year 260BC, the Reform will occur in the year 260BC.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

It usually takes a few years after the imperial palace is built

o great, i built it in rome, great

This mod is so good, I had to smack my roomate!

I gave the Gauls a go, and man...! I got smashed between Iberia's endless supply of meat shields and Roma's tough infantry. And I love how the Greeks start really hard up; gotta make every fight count. My other favourite faction are the Parthians; I like how your Kataphraktoi are only heavy cav, instead of heavy cav with bows.

So, yeah, lovin' the skins. I do miss an AOR'ish thing, though, but that's just me. Also, population growth a little high? Might I ask the reason? Could somebody suggest how to lower it?

Good work, and I congratulate you on the success of your mod!

This mod really is top draw.