Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5.0/5.1 Feedback thread

Default Re: 5.0 Feeback thread

yeah lusted i have the xpak tool, but it seemed to bypass your patch1.pak file when extracting all the paks, it didnt open it i dont think, i know i can do a manual command from cpak but i aint sure how to do it? if you could clarify for me i'd be grateful!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Right, right click on the batch file xpak.bat i think it is, right click, go to edit and add patch_1.pak onto the end of the first and second line.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

ah ok thx mate,i have to add the text line patch_1.pak to top and bottom lines....greaty!

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Kaweh K, faction expansion is really random in my mod, some expand fast, others slow, some expand huge in some campaigns, then in the next they wont. So yeah i think i finally found the right balance to make every campaign different.
    I played around a bit with the strat file, and now it's perfect in my opinion. Changed how the factions stand to each other, the AI thingies (e.g. "fortified ghengis" and such), starting money, etc. Also changed some lines in "descr_sm_factions.txt" Now all the factions expand more realistic, Carthage is expanding into Spain, Rome conquered whole Italy and Punic War has started. Rome, instead of expanding North ways too quickly, is now fighting for Sicily. I, playing as Parthia, was at the beginning of the game allied to Seleucids and Bactria, however I attacked the Seleucids. Now I'm allied with Bactria, Scythia, Armenia and the Ptolemis against the Seleucids. I can post screens of the mini-map, if you want. I really like how factions expand now, a lot more fun. This mod is great, and the changes 5.0 makes are awsome. Combined with the RTR music addon and the changes I made, it's one of the best mods I ever played, maybe even the best!

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

See i didn't want realistic expansion, i wanted quite random expansion so players didn't know what to expect from each campaign.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

See i didn't want realistic expansion, i wanted quite random expansion so players didn't know what to expect from each campaign.
    Yeah, I know. Just wanted to tell you that I now enjoy it even more than before.

K.K

Hi!

@ Kaweh K: Would it be possible for you to e-mail the files you changed to me, or if not, can you tell me what to change? The changes you have made sounds as if it has made TE 5.0 even better.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Werner
    Hi!

@ Kaweh K: Would it be possible for you to e-mail the files you changed to me, or if not, can you tell me what to change? The changes you have made sounds as if it has made TE 5.0 even better.
    Sure, I'll PM you.

K.K

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Lusted, this version of your mod looks very promising, with all the new features, and I especially like the new features the barbarian factions get, and of course the new Ptolemies. The only problem I had with your later versions was that factions expanded ways too fast: e.g., playing as Germans, I noticed after about 20 rounds that the Romans had taken all Italy and had expanded up to my border. Maybe because all the factions have so much starting money? Or maybe it's just the Roman faction? Maybe they have (had) too strong armies? Is this fixed now? Please have a look at it, it's the only annoying thing! APart from that, I love your mod.

K.K
    Why not quickly start a campagin as romans look how they are set out then wuit the campaign and carry on with yours.

hey lusted, dunno if someone has posted this before, but i noticed in my ptolemaios campaign that i am not allowed to construct a dockyard and also a circus maximus, i know the circus maximus should be available cos royal cav(companions) are only recruitable from there! ive fixed this myself in the export_descr_buildings but just letting you know cos certain people might not know how to do this... :original:

Gah Stupid error to make.
    Creator of:

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Yay! ive finally completed downloading it! very nice mod Lusted good balancing and battles arent that very very boring and long. Anyway, so far on my game--I got only one crash when I was capturing a settlement as Baktria. Over all its smooth and no problems so far. *salutes*

meant to ask you lusted, i was thinking of adding in armoured phalanx hoplites (while still keeping non phalanx ones you did) for greeks, and also adding sacred band phalanx infantry(still keeping yours too) from vanilla rtw, i know you havent tested the variables here, but if i do such a thing, you reckon it will work? i.e not cause ctd's etc... (i will back all text files up anyway!)

It will work, just remember to add in a new entry in descr_model_battle.txt copying the existing armoured hoplite one, changing the name and giving it the fs_spearman and fs_swordsman skeletons.
    Creator of:

**Moved to the correct thread, happy now hader...lol**

Quote Originally Posted by JCaesar316
    Ive tried a fair few rome mods in my time, and i wouldnt normaly post but in this case i just had to. Great work, this is quite possably the best RTW mod in the world EVER, With most mods there are things i like and others i'd rather live without BUT in this case ive yet to find anything i didnt like or felt didnt add something to the gamming experince , So i just HAD to say bloody good work keep it ... adjust, tweek or fix but the basic premiss of the mod is solid ..So dont go changing on us

PS. No i'm not a sycophant or in the pay of lusted, i was just REALLY impressed and thought for once it needed saying

This should now be treated as the THANK YOU thread and everyone should feel free to form a line and shake "Da man" Lusted's hand with a vengence. (and all who helped make this mod)

It will work, just remember to add in a new entry in descr_model_battle.txt copying the existing armoured hoplite one, changing the name and giving it the fs_spearman and fs_swordsman skeletons.
    alright thanks lusted, good job i asked then as i was just gonna copy over details from the descr_model_battle.txt from the vanilla document, but i thought maybe that would cause ctd's!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sure, I'll PM you.

K.K
    I would also like to know your secret here getting tired of constantly fighting the giant numidian empire

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske
    I would also like to know your secret here getting tired of constantly fighting the giant numidian empire
    I'm going to upload a TE 5.1 CE right after the 5.1 patch is released.

It will include:
    - rewamped strat.txt so AI factions expand more realisticly
    - Landbridges (Italy-Sicily, Street Of Gibraltar)

This two features make AI factions expand more realisticly, e.g. Carthage really has invaded Spain in my campaign, and Rome and Carthage are fighting for Sicily.

- New icons and banners (menu, strat map and battle) made by me
    - Edited loading screens
    - reduced brigand and pirate spawn rate
    - mines have more income bonuses

So you just have to wait a bit to try it out. Or you could be a beta tester, and I'll uplaod the files for you.

K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; June 19, 2006 at 07:55 AM.

Default Re: 5.0 Feedback thread

waahheeey my pc is fixed. it blew up lol. thats why i wasnt here for beta (realy sorry lusted). have to say what an improvement this is from 4.0. the GUI is a nice touch and the game feels much better to play too. nice ptolemei aswell. ive only played for an hour or two but so far loving it. first thing i did when comp was fixed was play TE lol.
    nice one lusted

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm going to upload a TE 5.1 CE right after the 5.1 patch is released.

It will include:
    - rewamped strat.txt so AI factions expand more realisticly
    - Landbridges (Italy-Sicily, Street Of Gibraltar)

This two features make AI factions expand more realisticly, e.g. Carthage really has invaded Spain in my campaign, and Rome and Carthage are fighting for Sicily.

- New icons and banners (menu, strat map and battle) made by me
    - Edited loading screens
    - reduced brigand and pirate spawn rate
    - mines have more income bonuses

So you just have to wait a bit to try it out. Or you could be a beta tester, and I'll uplaod the files for you.

K.K
    Well, it would be sweet, but I just don't have the time needed for being a beta tester atm.