Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5.0/5.1 Feedback thread

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 5.0 Feeback thread

Excellent mod first of all!

I'm playing as the romans (H/H). This time around I tried an other tactic than the usual "kick out Epirus and attack Gaul"-tactic. Instead I sent an half stack to Spain and took Emporion and then Sagentum, I built barracks, walls, blacksmiths and a strong garrison. So now I've got colonies in Spain - excellent source of income!

After that I did attack Epirus and drove them out of Italy. I then entered a ceasefire and accapted trade rights with Epirus.

Then it was Chartago turn to attack, their mistake! One of my full stack from the Epirus campaign invaded Sicily and captured Syracuse, the other two citie are still rebel cities.

So far so good!

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

This mod is simply great, glad I tried it!

So, you say this is the final version of the mod? Does this mean that we should expect to see the BI period finally get more love from you Lusted? You made such great models and skins, do you plan to expand it further?
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Maybe, at the moment i've gor exams, and am enjoying my mod so ill wait and see once the exams are over, but i will likely not do a full scale BI mod IF i go back to Bi that is, probably just redone my late romans, include a few other skin packs, add in unit cards and sprites etc if i decide to mod BI again.
    Last edited by Lusted; June 13, 2006 at 05:41 AM.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

hey lusted, i was looking thru the export_descr_buildings from your mod and noticed you didnt seem to allocate any place for gauls to recruit the domnam clan warriors....theres a temple for the britons but not gauls...as far as i can see, oh and also the celt clanguard for britons and gauls dont seem to have a barracks or temple? am i mistaken or is this just a little oversight...

Celt Clanguard are recruited from the 4th level governemnt building, the clan warriors is a mistake by me.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Celt Clanguard are recruited from the 4th level governemnt building, the clan warriors is a mistake by me.
    yeah i just noticed that the celt clanguard were from the pro-consuls palace and its upgrade. (damn ctrl & f wouldnt find it)
    and the other was a slight oversight huh, alright, it only affects the gauls as you did put a temple for the brits!
    and hey you answer fast! oh and good luck with your exams!

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

only one word is sutible to describe 5.0:

bicthin!

johnny76's Avatar Civis

I downloaded it last night and lost my other two campaigns (as stated in previous post). However, I am glad because 5.0 is awesome. Thanks again, Lusted.

Johnny76

Member of S.I.N.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ok I download It tomorrow or later this day should be more correct.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Played it some... by the time of Marius reforms (year 250 or so) I had conquered all the mediterranean cities in Italy and west of Italy and Lepcis Magna... by that time I was making tons of money and made it past 1 mil gold in no time(just didn't want to spend it all on armies since I wanted to make the game a bit longer for me to build Rome etc. then I just conquered everything to the west and when Macedon finally attacked me I had just made my first full stack army of +3 exp,+3 att, +3 def. Macedonians didn't stand a chance. There was only one battle with them that got me exited (3 of their full stacks against one of mine), but it was still trivial - I lost less than 200 troops, 100 of them being some mercenary peltasts that I bought just before the battle and left undefended oops

What I'm trying to say is that this mod should prolly be played on the hardest settings to make the most of it

Forgot to say - great mod

hey lusted, can you tell me where your mod put the unit info and units folders? as you know the default one is in packs, so its still in packs?

Yeah the unit cards are in the pack folders, as most of the units stillh ave thier default unit card name so i had to repack them for them to appear ingame, they are in patch_1.pak.
    Creator of:

okey dokey thx lusted

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Playing as Romans, was wondering why you removed the voices from the units?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Because the 3 new units i've added in wouldn't have voices so i thought it best to have a voiceless army rather than one where only a few say their name.
    Creator of:

Adler's Avatar Libertus

Tribus_Nervii - Belgium/Holland region Sth of the Rhine near the North Sea/English Channel, I cant build any forts or watch towers. Does any one know the file that sets this to be the case? It is a most frustrating thing.
    I have traversed Roman ruins from Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan & Italy.

Believe me, playing the game is more fun!

Chris

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Lusted, this version of your mod looks very promising, with all the new features, and I especially like the new features the barbarian factions get, and of course the new Ptolemies. The only problem I had with your later versions was that factions expanded ways too fast: e.g., playing as Germans, I noticed after about 20 rounds that the Romans had taken all Italy and had expanded up to my border. Maybe because all the factions have so much starting money? Or maybe it's just the Roman faction? Maybe they have (had) too strong armies? Is this fixed now? Please have a look at it, it's the only annoying thing! APart from that, I love your mod.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

hey lusted, is it just my imagination or is it easier to get generals xp up to triple gold in your mod? my iberian starting faction heir was in his 30''s when campaign started and was 1gold chevron by his 50's and now he's 3 gold chevron and practically a tank! haha oh and added forresters and clan spears to spain and couldnt open your pak file as it kept saying invalid pak so i had to use the vanilla unit cards for forresters and bi levy spearmen card for clan spears...oh well!(any ideas what program opens them??)
    and something i havent noticed before cos id never done campaign on hard(just battles on hard)- was rebels sieging my settlements and enemy armies recruiting mercs...this happen in vanilla or just your mod??
    and finally..i have 2 current campaigns and immensly enjoying both (ptolemaios/iberia) but the cool/strange thing is romans have expanded really well in ptolemaios campaign but epirus has nearly wiped them out already in my iberian campaign...

Kaweh K, faction expansion is really random in my mod, some expand fast, others slow, some expand huge in some campaigns, then in the next they wont. So yeah i think i finally found the right balance to make every campaign different.

night_owl, all you should need is the xpak tool to extract my pak files. Oh, and that stuff happens in both vanilla and my mod, it just happens more in 1.5 and my mod seems to make it happen more often.
    Creator of: