Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Default Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by stackero View Post
    I'm sure there are many who would appreciate a 4 turn a year for 2.6. With it, you can add role play your generals, which adds much to the game. I can play 2 tpy games fine, but with short life spans in 2 tpy games you can't effectively role play grooming generals as war heroes or great city administrators.

Matter of fact, to fancy my moods, I went to the trouble of installing 2 RS2's. one 2.5 with 4 tpy and 2.6 with only 2 tpy, but I sure I'll enjoy the new 2.6 without the preferred 4tpy.

To the first who does make a workable 4 tpy made for 2.6 I shall make a burnt offering to Apollo for their good fortune, and if the dog next door keeps waking me up at night it'll be a live burnt offering.
    Forgive me Primo. I forgot to thank you for your 2.5 4tpy mod. No excuse. I use your excellent mod often. Thank you for the time and work you put into it.

sever error
    I've using your 4tpy submod so much I feel I should again offer my thanks and rep you for the work and fun I'm having with it. One last thing, what are the chances you might take on the 2.6 version of RS?

That'd be awesome, plus my offer still stands, I shall offer up a burnt sacrifice to Apollo for the good fortune of he/her who brings forth such a submod. I already have a sacrifice in mind.

What say you?
    Last edited by stackero; October 02, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Well seems that the 4tpy in not only incompatible with 2.6, but even made mi Seleucid Campaign Imposible to start. Plase, mke 2.6 compatible version

Icon1 Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ryousan View Post
    Well seems that the 4tpy in not only incompatible with 2.6, but even made mi Seleucid Campaign Imposible to start. Plase, mke 2.6 compatible version
    Hear that Ryousan. That's the sound of a lonesome wind blowing, tumbleweeds rolling with the silent sounds of nothingness. No hero to step forward and save us from our dispair of no 4tpy submod for RS2.6. Where have all the 4tpy submod modder heroes gone? The gods have abandon us I fear.

RS2 has it on their list, but its a very long list with many improvements for RS2 ,but 4tpy option is near the bottom of that list I suspect and is of low priority for we are in the minority who like to roleplay our generals hardcore with longer lifespans for a game with in a game, Generals with family and sons to come of age and train as generals or governors, To see some become legendary Commanders, celebrated Heroes or magnificent Governors of massive cities. And not dying out just as they achieve greatness.

You can still play RS2.5 with Primo's submod, but you miss out on the improvements of 2.6. What to do? What to do? Do as I. Install RS2.5 copy past it and add 2.6 patch to one and Primos mod to the other. Enjoy the best of both. Play one, when victorious , the next. I know, its hard without 4tpy. But its our only choice at the moment, nay, maybe for many moons.

Good gaming.
    Last edited by stackero; December 01, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Here's a 4tpy for Rome one turn only. Hasn't been thoroughly tested but the seasons change 3 campaigning seasons 1 winter. Updated the Cursus Honorum and the Imperium for extra turns. PM me if there are any problems or if you notice anything goofy happening. Just extract into your RS2 folder and overwrite. Obviously you need to activate the script. I think that's it.

Rome one turn 4tpy for 2.6
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; December 02, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Here's a 4tpy for Rome one turn only. Hasn't been thoroughly tested but the seasons change 3 campaigning seasons 1 winter. Updated the Cursus Honorum and the Imperium for extra turns. PM me if there are any problems or if you notice anything goofy happening. Just extract into your RS2 folder and overwrite. Obviously you need to activate the script. I think that's it.

Rome one turn 4tpy for 2.6
    Hail to 'the man, the myth, the legend'. can you say exactly what is in the files. Does it account for traits. Say, like Primo's 4tpy. But even if it don't I'll give it a test run here in a few days to see what happens and get back to you. Could a burnt offering to Apollo be in your future?

Thanks. Good gaming.

For anyone wondering about the above 4tpy that 'the man the myth the legend'
    posted, it did load and it worked, but I haven't played a campaign yet to fully test it. Remember, this is only for 1 turn games for RS2.6

I compared Promo's files to the vanilla 2.5 files,and then again to the vanilla 2.6 file and just copied over the differences. I didn't go through 100% of all the traits, but I did go thru the roman leadership traits and the backround script. I also reduced the movement points like Primo. If you notice anything important that needs fixin, just pm me, but I probably won't test it completely for a while because I'm pretty far into a Roman campaign now. I really don't wanna all over until I at least after the second rebellion. I will however fix it if it needs fixing.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

I compared Promo's files to the vanilla 2.5 files,and then again to the vanilla 2.6 file and just copied over the differences. (...)
    So I'd like to have 4tpy in 2.6 only and no other changes.
    Please tell me what needs to be changed except 4tpy section in background_script.txt.
    If I will add v2.5 4tpy section to v2.6 background_script.txt, will it work?
    Why change other files (export_descr_character_traits.txt, descr_character.txt)?

;;;4tpy

console_command date 536
    console_command season summer
    while I_TurnNumber = 0
    suspend_unscripted_advice true
    end_while
    (..)
    etc

I haven't had the time I thought I would to test this sub mod, but will get to it as so as I can.

please 4tpy for 2.6 0 turn pleaseeee...

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by stackero View Post
    For anyone wondering about the above 4tpy that 'the man the myth the legend'
    posted, it did load and it worked, but I haven't played a campaign yet to fully test it. Remember, this is only for 1 turn games for RS2.6
    It says "Rome One-Turn only," this affects the other 1-factions as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_Man View Post
    It says "Rome One-Turn only," this affects the other 1-factions as well?
    This is what to go by Post 128
    by the man, the myth, the legend==I compared Promo's files to the vanilla 2.5 files,and then again to the vanilla 2.6 file and just copied over the differences. I didn't go through 100% of all the traits, but I did go thru the roman leadership traits and the backround script. I also reduced the movement points like Primo. If you notice anything important that needs fixin, just pm me, but I probably won't test it completely for a while because I'm pretty far into a Roman campaign now. I really don't wanna all over until I at least after the second rebellion. I will however fix it if it needs fixing.
    Guessing, I would say mostly for the Romans, however, EDIT no I don't know,( reinstalling, something weird going on)if the 4 tpy works on others factions, but I haven't played enough yet to see\ \. Matter a fact, tired of wondering myself.

Putting off what I'm doing and going to give it a try with a nonRoman faction. When I get in enough time I'll give feedback, maybe with pictures if needed.

Barring the unforeseen, 2, or 3 days tops. Heck, maybe tomorrow evening if things work out.

Good Gaming.
    Last edited by stackero; December 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    So I'd like to have 4tpy in 2.6 only and no other changes.
    Please tell me what needs to be changed except 4tpy section in background_script.txt.
    If I will add v2.5 4tpy section to v2.6 background_script.txt, will it work?
    Why change other files (export_descr_character_traits.txt, descr_character.txt)?

You could add only the 4 tpy script but if you don't change the traits and Leadership stuff then for example, you will only be consul for two 6 month(2turn) instead of the full year(4turns) so you have to change a bunch of other stuff to make it like it's supposed to be.

quote: It says "Rome One-Turn only," this affects the other 1-factions as well? - no it is for the Rome 1turn campaign only, and it doesn't change or alter the other campaigns at all, whatsoever.

You could add only the 4 tpy script but if you don't change the traits and Leadership stuff then for example, you will only be consul for two 6 month(2turn) instead of the full year(4turns) so you have to change a bunch of other stuff to make it like it's supposed to be.

quote: It says "Rome One-Turn only," this affects the other 1-factions as well? - no it is for the Rome 1turn campaign only, and it doesn't change or alter the other campaigns at all, whatsoever.
    Nevermind

Edit quote: It says "Rome One-Turn only," this affects the other 1-factions as well? - no it is for the Rome 1turn campaign only, and it doesn't change or alter the other campaigns at all whatsoever.
    Okay that explains it.
    Last edited by stackero; December 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

The 4 TPY mod for Rome one turn 2.6 works great except that I still have elections like a 2 TPY game. Checked all the files that were changed and they all appear to say that terms should be four turns for all but censor, which is six. I also don't get a popup even though the file says I should get them every five turns for censor and three turns for Consul. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this compatible with RS 2.6?
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    Is this compatible with RS 2.6?
    Looks like it is 2.6 compatible but only for Rome 1turn.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

So any chance of 4TPY for 2.6 ? It would be perfect!

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Yeah it's working on 2.6 for me. I merged the files for the one turn campaign, and playing Cimbri campaign and it is going great with 4 tpy (1 turn of winter). It is actually TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast