Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

IIRC the Europa Barbarorum Mod uses a 4TPY with three summer, one winter turn with the winter turns allowing only 1/2 movement of armies, which is brilliant. If you were planning a future update, I'm sure that they wouldn't mind if you borrowed from it.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Hey I just saw that I had version 1.1 since you had problems uploading 1.2. However, I'm already pretty deep into my campaign, and I do not want to restart. Are version 1.1 save games compatible with 1.2?

where is the v1.2 version? i only see the v1.1.

Acheron's Avatar Libertus

Game comes up as not responding as Sparta around 560 AUC, tried it about 5 times, any ideas, or anyone else experiencing this?
    'However long the night, the dawn will break'

Tomahawk's Avatar Civis

Thanks a lot! For me four turns per year is a minimum and any less is a gamebreaker.
    Edit: Doesn't seem to work as it should. After I load a game and click on a settlement, I don't get the one denari which confirms that the background script works and I don't get four turns per year either. Works fine after a new game, though.
    Last edited by Tomahawk; June 07, 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Playing Macedon, I get the bug where it jumps ahead 500 years and enables all of the events at the start of the second turn. The game starts at 94 S.E. with the advisor telling me that the script is not activated. I activate the script, get my 1 denari, and all that. After I hit 'end turn' for the first time, the second turn begins centuries later, with all of the events dropping. Any suggestions?

I guess I figured it out: the Macedon file background_scripts.txt uses the Roman calendar year (AUC). I'd need to find a handy way to subtract the appropriate difference between calendars, maybe in MS Word or Excel. Any suggestions?

Fixed it: just copied the Pontic calendar from the Pontus folder's background_scripts.txt for 4tpy, and pasted it into the appropriate space in the Macedon folder. Derp.

As the creator of ExpR I wish you my best for this mod
    Love it.

Yes, I love things like this!

Safe to assume this is not compatible with 2.6?

I, too, would like to see if this could be made compatible for the new RSII 2.6 patch by swapping/copying over some files ourselves or the author could do a legitimate update for this submod.

It's hard to play TW games without 4 turn per year after playing so long with it. Thanks in advance.

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

argh, we need that submod for 2.6 ASAP
    I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know

Tiro

+1 we really need this for 2.6!

Just to anyone interested in using this submod with the new 2.6 patch for RSII: I simply applied this submod after installing the new 2.6 patch and it's been working flawlessly with 0 problems. I can't guarantee it'll work for everyone with no problems but so far playing the Roman 0-turn campaign for over 200-300 turns now and it's been working with absolutely no problems. I'm about to attempt it with the Spartan 0-turn campaign now and if I have any problems i'll let everyone know; otherwise it's working great!

Tiro

But this was made to adapt v2.5's traits for 4tpy. If 2.6 changed the traits (most likely), then your campaign will be weird.

Tiro

I cross checked the 4tpy and new 2.6 files, and lol. They did massive changes in the scripts. This WILL make weird things in your campaign, at the very least.

It's not that hard to update this for 2.6. Winmerge is your friend, download it it's free and it makes it so much easier than using just notepad++. I would love to do it only, I think it's totally unnecessary for a mod that's 600 turns long. Is it really worth it? Are you really gonna play 1200 turns?
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Sadly my knowledge of scripting is nonexistent otherwise I'll be playing even 3k turns campaign

Icon1 Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

I'm sure there are many who would appreciate a 4 turn a year for 2.6. With it, you can add role play your generals, which adds much to the game. I can play 2 tpy games fine, but with short life spans in 2 tpy games you can't effectively role play grooming generals as war heroes or great city administrators.

Matter of fact, to fancy my moods, I went to the trouble of installing 2 RS2's. one 2.5 with 4 tpy and 2.6 with only 2 tpy, but I sure I'll enjoy the new 2.6 without the preferred 4tpy.

To the first who does make a workable 4 tpy made for 2.6 I shall make a burnt offering to Apollo for their good fortune, and if the dog next door keeps waking me up at night it'll be a live burnt offering.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast