Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - V1.1

Quote Originally Posted by bb82 View Post
    Any way to confirm that this is the 1.1 version that fixes the senate elections (the most current version)?
    It is.

I am going to look at the file again, is really a bit confusing.

Started a new campaign (just to test) with this mod. It does do the 2 summer 2 winter, but every turn the elections pop up saying that they will happen next turn. I tried about 8 turns then exited. Was trying to figure out why always a CTD when allowing the Hannibal army to ambush me on turn one when I thought I should also try to test this mod (doesn't CTD when I attack Hannibal directly).

By fix the elections (1.1) that shouldn't happen, meaning the election next turn popups? If so, maybe this is an older version of the mod.

I also age twice every year (both times are back to back at the end of each winter turn). So I guess either that link is bad or I did something wrong .

Any easy way to uninstall this submod so that it should just be 2.5 (to test to see if working and then reinstall this mod to see if same isues)?

Also, I'm not convinced that the launcher deletes the map files so where exactly are they located and how many should I manually delete?

Thanks,
    bb
    Last edited by bb82; May 20, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

I also age twice every year (both times are back to back at the end of each winter turn). So I guess either that link is bad or I did something wrong .

Any easy way to uninstall this submod so that it should just be 2.5 (to test to see if working and then reinstall this mod to see if same isues)?

Also, I'm not convinced that the launcher deletes the map files so where exactly are they located and how many should I manually delete?

Thanks,
    bb
    Did you activate the script correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Vader View Post
    Did you activate the script correctly?
    Oh yes. I've been very anal about everything I've done (from dl, to installs, to activating scripts, etc).

edit - But I never see the "show me how". I always have to click on the portrait. 1 extra does go to treasury.

Oh yes. I've been very anal about everything I've done (from dl, to installs, to activating scripts, etc).

edit - But I never see the "show me how". I always have to click on the portrait. 1 extra does go to treasury.
    I never even have to click on the portrait, it comes and goes automatically.

Ah well, I will have a look at it tomorrow, and sort this all out. I'm sorry that this creates you so many problems. I buy you a beer for it, ok?

edit- double post
    Last edited by bb82; May 20, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

I buy you a beer for it, ok?

In the end maybe all these problems I'm having are for the best (not just problems with this submod). Not sure if I can afford the time that I'm sure I'll be throwing into this work of art if I ever get it up and running well.

It's possible there are driver or hardware issues with this "older" game. I have a pretty new PC that I built. Tracking down issues can be so time consuming .

Update:

I checked the script again today, and I found out that I accidently uploaded an old version of this script, resulting in the problems some of you have experienced.

The most current version is uploaded now, and I decided to name it V1.2 in order for people having recently downloaded my submod updating it with 1.2.

I'm sorry for the confusion and problems this resulted in. However, the current version is definitly stable now, and you can choose between 3xsummer 1x winter and 2x both again.

Luke Vader

PS: I also added some installation instructions to the OP.
    Last edited by Primo; May 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Default Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Thanks for sorting that out Luke Vader, much appreciated. Shame I need to restart my campaign just as I have got carthage out of Italy and dealt with the first rebellion. Oh well, love that initial struggle anyway.

Hey, where is the 1.2 version? The one that's available is the 1.1 version.

By the way the 4 turns per year is not working. How do I make this mod work? Can you please tell mo how to install it properly and how to activate the script. I don't even see any instructions on how to activate the script. Please help... I've been looking forward to play a very long campaign.

I installed this and it works... until you alter the taxes to 'Very High'. On the next turn I get all the notification windows (The Rosetta Stone, Concrete Invented, Plague in Italy and Alexandria etc...) as far as i can tell it's the tax rate that is triggering it, if I leave them alone it seems to be fine.

The tax rate has absolutely no influence on the script - I think you likely messed it just up. But as long it works fine for you ...

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by JB2500 View Post
    I installed this and it works... until you alter the taxes to 'Very High'. On the next turn I get all the notification windows (The Rosetta Stone, Concrete Invented, Plague in Italy and Alexandria etc...) as far as i can tell it's the tax rate that is triggering it, if I leave them alone it seems to be fine.
    I had that issue while playing Roman campaign i think script didn't activated correctly so just had to reload a save and activate it from game menu, after that i hit end turn and everything was fine.

This mod is a big disappointment! It is only good in the start but when you reload everything went back to 2 turns. I even followed the instruction about pressing the ? on the menu before reloading but meh..... i won't recommend this 4 turn mod.... I've already repeated like 7 times (literally) playing RS II to get the 4 year turn but meh..... sorry dude but I gotta tell

Quote Originally Posted by nataliaoaks View Post
    This mod is a big disappointment! It is only good in the start but when you reload everything went back to 2 turns. I even followed the instruction about pressing the ? on the menu before reloading but meh..... i won't recommend this 4 turn mod.... I've already repeated like 7 times (literally) playing RS II to get the 4 year turn but meh..... sorry dude but I gotta tell
    I'm sorry to say that, but it's not my fault if you mess up the script. You can mess up the script in the normal RS2, too - it doesn't even get more complicated because of this mod.

I'd be glad to help you avoid messing the script up, though - just pm me about it.

Basically, you just have to remember to always click on a settlement after starting the game. If you want to reload a game, or start a new campaign, it's better to quit RTW, and then restart it. Clicking on the questionmark in the menu should do the trick, though.

There aren't many descriptions here because nothing changed from the real RS: If you only look at how you have to handle your script, there is no difference between RS and this mod.

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

So yeah, about my Seleucid events problem. Activating the script through the menu screen does nothing. I even started again that campaign and i had the same issue. I think that this exact issue is because of 4 turns per year sub mod, i never had that issue before it's installation. But I may be wrong too because of the recent 2.5 beta patch, which im currently using.

I have some problems with my current istallation because i can't enter and edit my preferences through launcher but on the other hand i don't have ctd's anymore so i think reinstalling is not an option because im afraid that those crashes can return.

And as I said before i had the same issue in my previous roman campaign but i managed to bypass it.
    Last edited by Dean Martin; June 09, 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    So yeah, about my Seleucid events problem. Activating the script through the menu screen does nothing. I even started again that campaign and i had the same issue. I think that this exact issue is because of 4 turns per year sub mod, i never had that issue before it's installation. But I may be wrong too because of the recent 2.5 beta patch, which im currently using.
    This submod can sometimes cause this problem. Why? Well, the script is activated differently at campaign start - and sometimes it doesn't activate properly. That can all happen in the normal RS, too.

However, this submod extends script usage (all changes rely on the script to work properly) so you notice it immediatly if you mess the script up - it has an advantage, namely that you aren't far into your campaign till you realise you have to restart it.

Now, solving it is actually pretty easy: Just deactivate the script in the first turn (by clicking on the advisor in the menu) , and then activate it again (click on a settlement).

You can also make sure the background script isn't corrupted (I hate corrupted downloads). I attached the neccessary file to my post (assuming you want to play 3/1 summer/winter). Just unzip it, and put it in (your RS folder)/play_seleucid/data/scripts/show_me

and select overwrite.

I'm sorry to say that, but it's not my fault if you mess up the script. You can mess up the script in the normal RS2, too - it doesn't even get more complicated because of this mod.

I'd be glad to help you avoid messing the script up, though - just pm me about it.

Basically, you just have to remember to always click on a settlement after starting the game. If you want to reload a game, or start a new campaign, it's better to quit RTW, and then restart it. Clicking on the questionmark in the menu should do the trick, though.

There aren't many descriptions here because nothing changed from the real RS: If you only look at how you have to handle your script, there is no difference between RS and this mod.
    Okay I take back what I said. I apologize. I did what you told me and everything went fine. Anyway, does it restore the script from the saved game where I last messed up the script?

Twenty years into my 0-turn campaign with Rome, and I just want to say that everything is working very well, and I'm quite happy with this mod. I'm able to develop my characters much more thoroughly and I don't feel rushed to complete goals. Thanks!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast