Thread: Elite Unit Packs

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Icon7 Elite Unit Packs

Hi.

I've had a glance at these elite unit upgrade packs which are available for certain nations, and I've been wondering – are they worth it?

Does anyone use these?
    And if so, what is your opinion of them?

Cheers.

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

Default Re: Elite Unit Packs

I have them all. It can be nice to add a little variety to your unit roster. These elite units have superior stats to regular units so can be of use. However... you could get some measure of this by using the AUM3.2 unit pack mod (adds a lot of units, and many are elite) and it doesn't cost you anything. However, if you want to have the unique units that come with the DLCs you can't get those anywhere else of course. I didn't regret buying the DLCs but I know there are some who have more moral objections to CA making us pay for units some would argue should have been in the game to begin with. Not touching that with a ten foot pole. So, for me I'd answer yes, I enjoy the added content and many of the elite units are highly useful. I think the one I like the most would be the Frei-Korps Light Infantry which is in the Elite Units of the West pack - anything that adds to Prussia's might is good by me. Some good cavalry too in that pack.
    Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"-- with his mouth.
    Mark Twain - What Is Man?

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for your insight.
    I will certainly take a closer look at the mods.
    Are there problems with bugs though?

Does anyone else care to share their opinion on the elite unit upgrade packs?

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

For me, I rarely if ever have issues with AUM3.2. You can use the ETW mod launcher to start the game with mods you want (if you're using more than one as I do) and it will show conflicts versus vanilla, but I've never worried about those. I also use the optional skins pack that comes with AUM3.2 so that shows a lot of conflicts versus vanilla as it retextures so many units. The great thing about mods is, if you do strike problems, you can just remove them usually. Hope some others give advice on elite unit DLCs though...
    Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"-- with his mouth.
    Mark Twain - What Is Man?

As DeValiere has pointed out, they add variety to one's army & to the enemy's. They are elite but they are far from over powered units you mite expect being the need to pay for them. I got them for the fact they are cheap & add variety all in all £6, plus the fact you can only realy build one of them for certain types. You get a real attachment to some of them as they are limited 1-3 units max in most case's.

DarthMod Empire also adds tonnes of new units as well. Mods are realy the best path to go in order to get large inflax of new units, but if you dont mind parting with some cash but as well get the DLCs too are at least the ones that apply to yourself. I aint bothered with the DLC East pack.

P.S try not to download any while in the middle of a campaign, i was beating back Prussia, saved & closed. Next day came back & before loading ETW thought i would just get the DLC. Prussia set me back about 8 years as they were now building some DLC units at me.... fun twist none the less
    Last edited by Loco Mike; March 23, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

I have three questions:

Is AI really producing and using DLC elite units (Great campaign) ?
    Can I have only 1 regiment of each elite unit at the same time or more ?
    Is there in-game issues caused by that DLC´s ?

Slavkov responses.
    1. Only if you already got them
    2. Not initially but if you edit the DB patch can increase the number of units allowed (This patch only you can see / edited using the tools available if you buy the pack)
    3. Until now I have not found any problems