Topics-
    Introduction
    Starting a Scipii Campaign
    The Further Empire
    Key rivals
    Allies
    Civil War

Introduction

The Scipii are one of the three roman famillies. they are richer than the toher two roman factions, and have only one province in Italy. The Scipii family also hold a province on Sicilly. This is a key place for the Scipii family, and will be the place where you should start your battle planning, in order to start your empire and conquer for rome.

Starting a Scipii Campaign

After watching the pre-game video, you should see that the Scipii, don't exactly like the Carthaginians, nor the Greeks...or the Romans really. So, if you like to follow what the crazy man in the video tells you then here are a few tips. First off, upon looking over your empire, you should try to get as much military power as you can in sicily, ally with the Carthaginians first, as you can stab them in the back later, but also because of two other reasons. one being that the first mission you recieve is to take the greek settlement, and another is because from expierience, i know that later on the greeks stab you in the back, and in my game, it ended in them taking sicilly, as my military power was too busy in africa.

Having defeated the greeks on sicilly, you should have been rewarded by the senate. This is always a plus, and hopefully now with a bigger income you can start to raise an army. Make sure you train extra troops, as the Carthaginians can be tricky. especially because they have elephants! Whilst rasing your army, try to send a diplomat abroad. I found allying with the Numidians, Egypt, Macedon and Spain helped, as they surrounded some of Carthages Provinces, and at the moment you shouldnt be too bothered if they take Carthaginian land. Stabbing in the back may be un-honourable but its your choice.

Hopefully by now you should have a large enough army to storm Lilybaeum (spelling?) Send as many men as you can and take it fast, if you can wait until the carthaginians family member whom resides in the town has left then do so. this will take some men out of the town, along with their strong general. he can be easily bribed or defeated later. By the time you have taken Lilybaeum, The brutii's will have Begun their movement into greece, and if you ever allied with Macedon, by now it will be in ruins. But this shouldn't be your worry, don't bother sending thousands of diplomats to ask for an alliance again and again. why not just kill them later?

But anyway. having taken Sicilly, you should find your income greatly increasing. If not then raise your taxes, do as much as you can to get money flowing, for you shall need it for the next part in the Scipii campaign. As soon has you have plenty of money, start again to raise an army. bring in mercenaries, troops from capua too, transport as many as you can get, for Carthage will not fall easily. I gathered two stacks for this attack, which proved insuffient for me, maybe its just my rubbish planning but anyway. If you can, then storm Carthage, beware of the Boiling oil, it was a nasty surprise to me, having found capturing settlements easy up to now. come prepared for a hard fight. If you feel that Carthage is a step too far, then perhaps Thapsus is the place to go. its lovely beaches, stunning views and people just waiting to be taxed out of their minds, really draws you in. No seriously, i went for this place having being beaten at Carthage, as it has superior training facilities to the ones you previously own, then it should help you train better men, and thus the storming of carthage will be that bit easier. I found that i couldn't storm Carthage in an open siege, so i tried numerous attempts at rebellion, and to lure the enemy out. First- Try blockading the Port. its a sure fire way to stop trade and lower their income.
    Second- Try luring the enemy out by leaving an army waiting outside the walls. Third- having bruised them, go in for the kill. a three way blow that is sure to leave carthage in your hands.. With Carthages main lands taken, the rest is yours. You can either crush carthage, or leave it and continue your empire building. Either way, you should try and re-balance your armed forces so that you're not paying too much and still making an income.

The Further Empire

With Carthage reeling away from Africa in peril, you should now feel quite pleased with yourself. if rebellion hasnt killed them carthaginians yet, then you can later. as for now Back Stabbing should be the next part in your empire. It is dishonourable, but all for the empire!

If you feel like backstabbing then follow these hints. If you did ally with Numidia, then its time for some Backstabbing fun. First rally an army just outside Carthage. Perhaps two stacks would be best for the upcoming wars. Now once you are sure you're ready begin to march West into Numidian lands. Don't worry if the Senate tells you off, just keep marching on and on. Once you reach the Numidian Town, Storm it. Take it and tax it to the max. By now the Senate should realise, that you're not turning back. and so they should too declare war upon Numidia. Repeat this upon all Numidian towns West of Carthage, Backstab Spain too if they have come in your way. But try to avoid this if you can, i left it to the very end, when i had no-one else worth killing.

After a long decade of War, The Numidians should now be In the east with Egypt. right where you want them. And there you should leave them, for as long as you keep your borders secure, there won't be much of a threat from them. The Carthaginians however now should become your main priority again. Taking Palma is a good way for trade, and some extra money. With Palma knocked off, sit and wait, gather your money and see if rebellion causes Carthage to be demolished. If Carthage still exists after your years of effort, dont give up. Raise a small invasion fleet and take their last settlement to the floor. Demolish all the buildings and leave. Spain isnt where you want to be fighting for. This should have gained you some money, and now you can concentrate on the east. Remember back on sicily? Them darned greeks? Well now its their turn. all this is just optional, if you want to crush all your existing enemies before you make new ones. Move east from sicilly and Take Kydonia, this is a good stronghold, and troops can keep safe on the island whilst crossing the sea. From Kydonia, Move south to Cyrene. Attack quickly leaving them no time to even notice you have arrived. From Cyrene move south again, taking what should be the last Numidian town. By this time, you should have most of africa, except for Egypt. I found that after this time. a large push north into Greece and Rhodes defeated the Greeks, and my last Enemy. Now with a Large empire, you should concentrate on maintaining it before you make any more major military moves. If you try to conquer too much more land in a short time, you may find Rebellion spreading quickly.

Key Rivals

Carthage- Can be easily disposed of, if you think out your strategy correctly
    Greece- Once their Navy is gone, you will find less attacks, and easier troop movement, to knock them out
    Numidia- Not a rival to begin with but is in the way of your empire. Easily Crushed with force.

Allies

Spain- They surround Carthage in spain, and if you are lucky may attack them.
    Numidia- At the beginning of your game, they are good to help you attack Carthage. That is if they dare.
    Egypt- Eventually you will border with them. I find they do not take to Scipii once you are near them so be prepared. apart from this they are good for trade.
    Macedon Or Thrace- Either is good to have. Both will end in you having to pick one when they go to war, Good for trade in your later empire.

Civil War

When Civil war strikes, you may find that you are surrounded. and really...you are. I found that fleeing from Italy was a wise move, and i waited for most of the war to finish. With Italy Mainly in the hands of either romans, i Invaded from Messana, storming southern Italy, pushing the Romans up North, so when the rest of the empires army arrived i could take their lands and dispose of them. the Fighting is tough, and being Scipii, you will need a good navy in order for beach landings.

Well theres some of my tips, These are from my own personal experiences, and not official. Civil war hasn't yet ended in my game so i cannot say lots about it. Hope it Helps.
    Last edited by Saint Nicholas; October 14, 2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: updated