Thread: NTW (DM) vs ETW (DMUC)

Default NTW (DM) vs ETW (DMUC)

Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time fan of DarthMod for Empire. I fade in and out of the desire strikes me - and I've reinstalled DMUC 7 just yesterday and I'm planning my next big Empire game.

I never bought NTW because originally Darth said he wasn't going to mod it. NTW seemed very much like CA was getting us to pay for what should have been an expansion/patch - but not only that, they *reduced* the scope of the game. Combined with no DarthMod and I had no interest.

However, having played a little bit of ETW last night, I started to think: "I'm hearing NTW fixes a lot of inherent ETW problems. I've heard good things about diplomacy, some new recruiting rules, and most importantly the MP campaign options are actually stable, as opposed to ETW's dodgy "beta""

There is now a DarthMod too....

So my question to you all is:

What are the pros and cons of NTW over ETW (DarthMods)? Should I get it and play that instead? The reduce scope concerns me greatly, but perhaps because of the map design it is not so bad? Perhaps other improvements make up for that? Is the MP Campaign really good? Does it work with DarthMod with all the bells and whistles? (ETW kind of requires all the nice things turned off to be stable.)

Tiro

Default Re: NTW (DM) vs ETW (DMUC)

Well France consists of more than one province. Is that enough? All the other things you have heard I find are true. Considering you can buy the Steam version legitimately for US$9 (@g2play.net), I think it's a great buy, especially with Darth's mod. For me Darthmod works with all the bells and whistles. Napoleon is a bit better optimized graphically too, as well as looking a bit nicer.