Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Le champs mortels`(the fields of death) Fantasy mod teaser & battle videos 05//04/2012

Default Re: Le champs de la mort (the fields of death) French/spanish total war

some of my latest work~ of course more ui/graphics work
    added a navigatable
    Sohnne
    river & its tributaries in France
    & gave all regions along it ports
    added the island of Palma
    but the map is far from done! it is only 83 regions ( I hope too get it up to at least a hundred! I think I will have too enlarge the map again & add all of France & add the factions of Le Dauphine`& Flanders (Flanders will be ok I will use the hre for them, but who to use for Le Dauphine`? )
    & please add any suggestions any of you who are familiar with the geography of France ( major forests, valleys etc. info on the topography)
    but so far the map is very accurate (in my opinion)

I think I will enlarge the map again to include all of France & the Channel islands as well as all Iberia & the Azores include three new factions of Portugal, Le Dauphine` & Flanders
    making it:

Italian:

Genova

French:
    Le` Duche` De Savoie`
    Burgundy
    Le` Duche` De Aquitane`
    Le Dauphine`
    Flanders

Iberian:
    Corona de Leon Castilla
    Corona De Aragon`
    Portugal
    rieno De Navarre`

Islamic:
    Caliphate of Granada

& this will allow for atleast 150 regions (all acurate)

edit: & it would be possibly good to add the vatican as well so there is a Pope & lotsa crusades perhaps I will give them Avignon` as their settlement~
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; March 24, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

I`ve re-sized the map to incorparte all France, all of Iberia & part of Northern Africa (tested & all is working good!) now to accurarly finsh the regions for France & Iberia & as best I can for Africa (there is little info I can find) interest will be slim on this because without the help of a modeller there will be no new units & I am not making any unit changes except modifying text to match their new faction & here is that breakdown:

Genova (using Vanilla Milan)
    Burgundy (using vanilla France)
    Aquitane (using vanilla England)
    Savoy (using vanilla Sicily)
    Aragon` (using vanilla Portugal)
    Navarre (using Vanilla Hungary)
    Leon Castilla (using vanilla Spain)
    Portugal (using vanilla Poland)
    Le` Dauphine` (using vanilla denmark)
    the Caliphate of Granada (using vanilla Moors)
    the hafsid Dynasty (using vanilla Egypt)
    the good news is since I am using straight vanilla factions there will be no need to mess witth the battlemos.file so I will totally re-skin all factions & of course all of the other rudimentary changes like voice types & culture etc.
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; March 24, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

final faction symbols & starting positions

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Please, use the edit button often. Some of us, we also have mods here...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Please, use the edit button often. Some of us, we also have mods here...
    yes understood! but please do the same (that is if you do not, but I see a daily post or two from you for your mod~ which is all good! but please do not try to advise me on my posting habits good luck with your mod though)
    thank you

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

I like it. Perhaps you could include more of Iberia.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

hello Druvatar, sorry i kinda quit playing mods, at least single player haha, i spend my time mostly on hotseats now.

well i wish you good luck with your mods

updated opening post with more info & screen shots

the map regions is very histroically acurate ( I think) if anyone cares for it I am willing to post an itemized breakdown & list of all the regions in France or Iberia or both! & Africa too~ then if anyone has suggestions feel free (there are at least thirty slots open)

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I honestly don't think the guy (welldone) should've been banned. He was (kinda) giving advice. I don't agree with the methods, but this is my opinions. Get a team together, learn how to map using a double layer on GIMP so that the map comes out looking very much like the area being represented, and just do some more original things. I hope I don't sound too harsh, but you'd get a lot of people to play your mods if you did these things, because the ideas are usually very good but the execution isn't. If you got a team together, you'd probably be able to do all the 2-D Art (which I think is your strength as a modder), recruit someone who can make new units (the "Vanilla" units are the reason not many people are interested in your mods) and then learn to make a very accurate map, which would definitely help. These are just my suggestions, I hope you take them well and consider using some of them.
    He should of been banned. He may of been giving advice, but he was certainly going about it the wrong way. How druvatar makes his mods is completely up to him, and the idea of getting a team together is, although good, unrealistic too. There is no team of modders to be gathered, unless by pure luck someone really loves his idea, to the point of dedicating their time to it.

Btw druvatar, I've been away a while, and I see since then your 2D art has been improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsa View Post
    He should of been banned. He may of been giving advice, but he was certainly going about it the wrong way. How druvatar makes his mods is completely up to him, and the idea of getting a team together is, although good, unrealistic too. There is no team of modders to be gathered, unless by pure luck someone really loves his idea, to the point of dedicating their time to it.

Btw druvatar, I've been away a while, and I see since then your 2D art has been improving.
    Horsa is totally correct! unfortunate he got banned but he was NOT giving "constructive" advice but simply berateing my work!
    @Horsa thank you for articulating so well the reality of "team" projects
    I would have went in to greater detail on the subject but I presummed most of what "horsa" says to be presumed already!

so okay then here are some screens of the map so far (featuring some new textures) & one strat map general

the beige fleu des lis ui will be Northern European
    factions:
    Savoy
    Aquataine
    Burgundy
    Dauphine
    Flandern

this new ui here will be Southern European
    factions:
    Loen Castilla
    Genova
    Portucal`
    Navarre`
    Aragon`

I will do a unique new set for the two Islamic factions as well

splash
    another new loading screen
    & some progress on Islamic ui

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

just so you know, the coasts aren't smoothed. I don't know if you forgot/don't know or just haven't heard of it before etc., but it would really help the map, especially on the navigable rivers (love those). If you don't know how I'll send you a link to some of the tutorials. I'd definitely try this out, but sadly my Med2 installation is dead , and it doesn't appear that I'm getting a new computer any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    just so you know, the coasts aren't smoothed. I don't know if you forgot/don't know or just haven't heard of it before etc., but it would really help the map, especially on the navigable rivers (love those). If you don't know how I'll send you a link to some of the tutorials. I'd definitely try this out, but sadly my Med2 installation is dead , and it doesn't appear that I'm getting a new computer any time soon.
    sorry to hear about your computer (that sucks!, man!)
    but I am not too worried about smooth coasts if someone wants to help & do that great! but I already got too much (did I say too much) to do on my own already! to read more darn tutorials & to perfect a mod "single-handedly! which most people won`t even notice or download! my main concerns are the overall funtionality of the mod & whatever "Aesthetic Components are within my realistic scope of skills! Now! No going back to the drawing board for me! which already quite exstensive (my skills) you can have this mod from me with what I can do now~ which is skin units, create a complete new map & add its settlements, do all the topography & climates & a new mapping/ground texture here & there ALMOST ANYTHING! (did I say anything) with ui/ graphics, integrate custom music etc.......................
    which will all be in this mod! but I am not spending any more time learning this skill or that one not because I am reluctant or particularly egotistic but as I have said before I already have, have way much to do for a single modder & plus although I really would like to ingratiate the community at large the reality is I am really making this mod because I want to as my hobby! I am more than happy to share my work & pleased when others enjoy it but I am not "modding" for any "Social" or "community" oriented validation! hope you understand my sentiments

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

In general I think the 2-D art is better than your previous mods but I still think that if you could darken the UIs a little, it would make it a lot better. Looks like it will be a great mod!
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

re did some ui (to make them clearer & better! )

Corona De Leon Castilla (spain) has been totally reskinned & has new battlefield flags too~

edit: still need to do battle ui & Symbols soon!

why do you keep making new standalone mods? they are not so different from each other, if anything they are the same.
    don't you think it is better to concentrate on one mod and improve on it further? or if making new maps is your thing then make sub-campaigns.
    I understand that you work alone but this way of working doesn't make much sense... neither does the post spam.

oh well to each his own i suppose...good luck.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast