Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Le champs mortels`(the fields of death) Fantasy mod teaser & battle videos 05//04/2012

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Le champs mortels`(the fields of death)

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    actually re-did those cards for Genova (please feedback if people like this new style I will do all factions cards like this)
    I think that is unless interesting concept and good idea for unit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    I think that is unless interesting concept and good idea for unit cards.
    sorry do not quite undersstand TD

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Those weapons under the heads of units

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Those weapons under the heads of units
    So you like TD just want to do something different I can edit vanilla cards again & make them good too! so William likes the "vanilla" style ones & I am still unclear whether you like these or not TD

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I liked it

this will be final for unit cards it is Genova all cards are heavily modified with a few totally new! I will do all factions in this style
    also I included a couple of shots of them in campaign

edit: if your having trouble making out the detail click the picture until it opens in a new window then click again to zoom (sorry not to be a "patronizing !)
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; April 15, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

here r the Navarre`

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Interesting mod. I've had my eyes on it for a while actually. Have/will you make new units?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Interesting mod. I've had my eyes on it for a while actually. Have/will you make new units?
    well that is always the same question why do'nt we just make this the freakin` " new unit ToTaL WaR FoRuMs!" none of you seem to give a damn about any of the other aspects (just as important mind you) of MTW2 modding which I focus on! but to answer the question without bias yes their will be many new units if you mean re-assigning textures & doing appropriate text & other minor modifications. But in terms of any based off of strictly new models NO! (get me a modeller been here at TWC for a few years now working on my projects have attempted to get modelling help quite often but none so please be happy with what I can produce! or just download somebody elses mod!~)

ok here the unit cards for Aragon`

Very nice unit cards. I like it that the weapons are there to see at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Laissez-faire View Post
    Very nice unit cards. I like it that the weapons are there to see at a glance.
    thank you if you notice I did all those mini icons aproppratly for insatance peasant crossbowmen have a "Light crossbow Icon" while Pavise crossbowmen have a "heavy Crossbow Icon" while town & spear militia have a "light spear Icon" while Armored sergeants have a "Heavy spear Icon" and Feudal knights have a "broadsword" & dismounted portugese knights have a mace & etc. every units weapon Icon is the one for the weapon used by them!!

did cards for most factions will begin previewing them soon!

progress
    all menus, loading screens, music & general interface + done
    map done (except always room for improvement!)

factions:
    le Dauphine` = battlefield skinning is done =unit cards are done
    Aquitaine = battlefield skinninng is done = unit cards to be done
    Das Heligd ROmish whatever = battlefield skinning is done = units cards to be done
    Burgundy =battlefield skinning is done =unit cards are done
    Corona de Leon Castilla =battlefield skinning is done = unit cards are done
    Corona de Aragon = battle field skinning is done = unit cards are done
    Genova = battlefield skinning is done = unit cards are done
    Savoy =battlefield skinning to be done = unit cards are done
    the Navarre` = battlefield skinning is done = unit cards are done
    Flanders =battlefield skinning to be done =unit cards to be done
    portugal = battlefield skinning is done = unit cards to be done
    florence = battlefield skinning is done = unit cards to be done
    the Papal states = battlefield skinning is done = unit cards to be done
    Granada & the hafsids all done
    but a beta of this should be available within the month!

here are the cards fdor Corona De Leon Castilla (purple) & the Savoy (silver)
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; April 17, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    well that is always the same question why do'nt we just make this the freakin` " new unit ToTaL WaR FoRuMs!" none of you seem to give a damn about any of the other aspects (just as important mind you) of MTW2 modding which I focus on! but to answer the question without bias yes their will be many new units if you mean re-assigning textures & doing appropriate text & other minor modifications. But in terms of any based off of strictly new models NO! (get me a modeller been here at TWC for a few years now working on my projects have attempted to get modelling help quite often but none so please be happy with what I can produce! or just download somebody elses mod!~)

ok here the unit cards for Aragon`
    I'm sorry if I sounded disrespectful, just wanted to know I'm a modder myself so I know all things are equally important, some (mapping) most important.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I'm sorry if I sounded disrespectful, just wanted to know I'm a modder myself so I know all things are equally important, some (mapping) most important.
    of course! I was just expressing a general reaction I have I did not get angry or frustrated!
    I was saying we should Ban all modding of anything to do with ui or the campaign (anything to do with mapping or the campaign`s environment
    music etc. & just focus all of our energy into producing mods with brilliant new units ( which u can get may be fiften to 30 minuted gameplay out of) & have no concern for crafting the Campaign environment
    from now on just new units
    on a drab vanilla map
    with drab vanila ui
    & drab vanilla music
    etc.
    cause let`s face it! players just want new units to kill other units (kinda makes u think? why did CA even include a campaign)

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Well honestly, I feel that new units are among the most important feature of a campaign, then campaign map then the rest of modding aspects in any order afterwards. That's just my opinion, though. I really do like your units cards though, and think there's been huge improvement in that area since your first mods.

I really think right now your main concern should be smoothing out, and making a much more accurate campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Well honestly, I feel that new units are among the most important feature of a campaign, then campaign map then the rest of modding aspects in any order afterwards. That's just my opinion, though. I really do like your units cards though, and think there's been huge improvement in that area since your first mods.

I really think right now your main concern should be smoothing out, and making a much more accurate campaign map.
    thank you almost with cards for all factions will preview the rest soon

gabyu's Avatar Libertus

I love the unit cards! Keep up the good work with your mods!
    Last edited by gabyu; April 21, 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabyu View Post
    I love the unit cards! Keep up the good work with your mods!
    thank you!

I know people think the map should be more accurate but the reality is I am probably not gonna revisit work (in any in depth fashion) on it. Although it is not geo graphically perfect ( hire me about five good mappers to get it that way!) it his topography wise (ground types mountaind etc.) quite accurate & the placement of all regions & regions chosen is very "on the money" accurate, resources as well accurate navigatable rivers too) & there almost no minor errors (un-reachable settlements etc.) the map already has been crafted for strategic & dynamic play! immende efort has already been put into the creation of many windy & rocky passes thru both the Pyrenees & Alps & Black forset if I had the resources of CA it would be reasonable to expect "aesthetic" perfection in the overall map! but I don`t to expect it from me while I am single handedly crafting all the other elements of the mod is kinda "refective of an attitude of "entitlement" I am sorry if it seems rigid or harsh to have this opinion but it your total free choice to download or not
    you can enjoy what I think will be a wonderful mod or focus on someone elses work! but it will be available if u like in several weeks!

ok here are the cards for Aquitane, Flanders, & florence respectively

gabyu's Avatar Libertus

Anyway, for a single man doing all this work (2D art, map, reskinning) it looks very good. You are very good at 2D art especially. CA should hire you for the unit cards (the unit cards they make look kinda "cheap" while yours look EPIC!

I am done with menus this is final (I think)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast