Thread: Dead?

Petroniu's Avatar Pili Prior

Default Dead?

Hey everyone,

I saw that there has been no activity in this mod in a while and I was wondering if it is dead or if you guys (devs) hope to revive it someday?
    It is quite bad to let the punic wars fade in the shadow of other mods you know...
    Total War: Rome II - Sigh...

Sarisophoros's Avatar Vexillifer

Default Re: Dead?

The same thing went through my mind. This mod has been in beta stage for 5, 6 or 7 years now. I really do not know exactly how long. And I also would really like to play it one day. So I asked HemilcoBarca about it, in which stage it is and so on about two months ago. I got a reply that it was more then 96% done. So also I do not know anything about a possible release date.

cpdwane's Avatar Silent and Sneakretive

Sadly I'd say the mod is dead guys. I've stopped work on the Sicilian Wars with no real plans to restart, and even when I started on Sicilian Wars, work on Punic Total War itself had already pretty much ceased. If someone wants me to I can upload the mod (Sicilian Wars) as it was when I stopped work on it, as although it's not in any sort of playable state, parts of it are certainly salvagable if there's anyone around who feels they are up to the job of it (and trust me, completing mod projects from scratch requires waay more commitment then one would think!)

Perhaps someone else could make use of the textures I made in another mod? I was always pretty proud of them so I'd love to see them used in somebody elses project.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

debux's Avatar Princeps

Surely interesting... I'm kinda curious to see in what state the mod was left at, but at the same time, I'm in no place to take such a responsibility right now... is it possible to get to know like on what parts was the mod missing (like specifically)?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Pili Prior

This is a crying shame

Seņor Foliage's Avatar Kabe difendā

NOOOOO! Not again. First All Under Heaven (AUH) is like "yeah the mod is dead" and now you?

Petroniu's Avatar Pili Prior

It is sad that a mod that focused primarily on the Punic wars didn't came out in its complete form. Out all of those great generals of antiquity, it seems that Hannibal is the only one that didn't received his tribute from the modding community - even though some mods do start with him in Italy leading a massive army, but still, someone should've made a campaign just for that guy, with Carthage and the Barcids as allies but different factions, you know? Imagine that mod now...
    Total War: Rome II - Sigh...

debux's Avatar Princeps

ITW wants to do that... but it's always nice to have variety amongst mods. A real shame.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Pili Prior

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484762
    It is a shame but there is more hope, if you like The Punic Wars, see link

Seņor Foliage's Avatar Kabe difendā

Clicked on the link provided by Demetrius I Poliorketes and am now the happiest total war player ever

Princeps Prior

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484762
    It is a shame but there is more hope, if you like The Punic Wars, see link
    I downloaded and installed that mod (Hannibal Ad Portas) and it turns out the map in it is only Italy, Sicily and the tiny bit of Africa that Carthage is in. Nothing else. No Spain, none of the rest of North Africa, no Corsica, Sardinia or Balaeric Islands. It takes the Second Punic War and tries to jam it only into Italy and Sicily.

Thread Information