Thread: Search for siege forts bug

Default Search for siege forts bug

Hey! I am trying to figure out what is going on with this bug. I've seen same reports in other mods as well about the same bug. Lets gather all infos we have about it so we can find a solution. Please post here:

1. If you have experienced the bug what city. What was it? Also note if you play DMN campaign or vanilla through DMN.

2. If somebody has finished a battle without CTD in the forts that are reported as bugged.

3. If somebody has experienced the same bug playing vanilla campaign without DMN.

4. If there any suggestions for solving the problem

Cities that have been reported so far:

Hannover

Default Re: Search for seige forts bug

Hello,

1) I have this problem with Mantua in Italian Campaign, and Arish in Egypt Campaign. If I start the battle it begins to load, I see about an inch of progress and then CTD. I was playing the corresponding DMN campaign for both.
    2) These were the only two fort battles I fought in either campaign (haven't finished Egypt yet) but I would think any siege battle would crash for me.
    3) Haven't tried with Vanilla yet, I'll give it a shot.

BTW DMN rocks!

Thanks,

Default Re: Search for siege forts bug

1) I was playing the Darthmod Coalition Campaign as Britain, and whether I was defending the star fort at Gibraltar or assaulting it, the game crashed. It would start the loading screen, but the image of the loaded map does not appear. The progress bar only moves a little and then Windows reports an error.
    2) I have experienced the same crash with various battles with either the Brits or Ottomans, but it wasn't the same as Gibraltar, which occurred on two different computers, and every time. I think in the different campaigns, random different cities were bugged, but ONLY if they had a star fort constructed. I am not sure if level of repair had anything to do about it.

1. Sevilla, Spain and Copenhagen, Denmark. I have tried both DMN campaign and vanilla through DMN. Playing with UK
    No suggestions at all

1. Cleves, defending with Prussia. Actually, now I noticed that I never played siege battles with NTW or DMN.

No suggestions.

Me too in Egypt Campaign, with HusserlTW 40 units save campaign.

When startin siege battle against Arish and Jaffa, the screen starts loading but crashes to desktop after a little while.

I've gotten a bunch more during my 40x campaign as the Ottomans, mostly involving a couple forts in the east.

Elmar's Avatar Senator

DMN campaign crashes:
    Gibraltar, British (player) in first fort v Spanish attacker
    London, idem v French attacker
    Last edited by Elmar; April 23, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    To Subaltern: Yes, every junior officer may carry a Field Marshal's baton in his knapsack, but we think you'll discard that to make room for an extra pair of socks before very long.
    Wipers Times